McKesson Medical-Surgical

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stanton McComb

A large company. that has a nice break room, But that is all of the positives to speak of :/

Warehouseman (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsPicking orders, Mezzanine, Shipping, receiving , even replenishment. Not a good place to work if you are ot good at kissing butt. (Even if you are highly skilled) This place rewards the bums, and punishes the highly skilled by screwing them over whenever possible. Id never work there again.. even as a temp worker

ConsPicking orders, Mezzanine, Shipping, receiving , even replenishment. Not a good place to work if you are ot good at kissing Butt. (Even if you are highly skilled) This place rewards the bums, and punishes the highly skilled by screwing them over whenever possible. Id never work there again.. even as a temp worker

Advice to Senior ManagementEnjoy the time that you have at this place. Im not the type to work there, But, Someone else might do better than i did.

Awesome company to work for if you like a challenge!

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsNo chance of running out of work to do... this company is ever-changing with lots of acquisition activity. Integration projects for ALL! Very flexible work environment; career growth opportunities, good company values and a great management team.

ConsAgree with some previous comments about departmental silos... even team silos within the departments! This hurts us at times when information is not proactively shared among team that work together or are dependent upon one another.

Don't get your hopes up

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsMcKesson has good benefits and time off policies.

ConsLeadership is sneaky so watch out. Lots of politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees. Stand by them and do the right thing by them. Make your leaders in the trenches do what they said they were going to do. They have made promises to me that they didn't keep but used that as the reason for me to no longer be there. I am good employee and it's their loss.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for. Good benefit.

Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsTuition reimbursement, health insurance benefit, learning opportunity.

ConsManagement structure is too segregated. Lack of cooperation from one department to another.

Management team needs help communicating

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Swedesboro, NJ

ProsSalary compensation good - better than most companies in the area.

ConsAttitude on part of warehouse associates deplorable. Some managers have control issues and are afraid to make decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementCull the herd of those individuals that don't perform their jobs. Make and stand by your decisions.

Mostly positive experience working here over past 7 years.

Network/Desktop Systems Specialist (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

Pros-Good people.
    -Stable company
    -Performance and talent focused organization where you can build a career.

Cons-Advancement can take a long time and often requires the right connections rather then high performance and skill.
    -Benefits continue to get worse every year and more expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you take care of your skilled, hard working employees, they will take care of the companies in the years to come.

Worked here for over 5 years, excellent for entry level

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

Pros-Good benefits (as a single person w/o any medical issues my coverage was excellent)
    Workload is fairly easy, although it can get tedious at times
    -Coworkers were great, easy to get along with
    -Stable company

Cons-Nepotism is rampant. If you aren't related to someone or a brown noser, it can be hard to move around/up in the company.
    -Pay scale could use a boost

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd more professional development

Great!

Product Manager (Current Employee) Gainesville, FL

ProsPeople are great to work with.

ConsInsurance and benefits could be a little better and easier to sign up with.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Fast paced and ever changing!

Manager (Current Employee) Golden Valley, MN

ProsFlexible with work at home schedules. Lots of employee longevity and good benefits. Depth of knowledge with many Mangers who have worked their way up in the company makes for supportive Management who 'gets it'.

ConsDepartments function as silos and communication is impacted. Because many people have been with the company for a long time, difficult to find documentatoin for processes that cross departments - lots of knowledge in peoples heads.

Good place if you want to stand out.

Manager (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsNot a very aggressive place. You can do well without much effort. Decisions are SLOWWWWWW to be made, assuming they ever are made.

ConsThe HQ building needs to be demolished. Pay does not match performance. It's based more on experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on Keepin on.

Worked for McKesson Medical-Surgical? Contribute to the Community!