McKesson

McKesson Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

McKesson Chairman, President, and CEO John H. Hammergren

John H. Hammergren

Pros
  • They also support a work-life balance and provided flexibility for family/personal life(in 42 reviews)

• Very flexible and will allow you to work from home several days a week(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay, Work-life balance can be tough to achieve if you are a salaried employee(in 22 reviews)

• Upper management limits middle management from creating a functional work environment(in 28 reviews)

Hardworking people in a predictable yet technically challenging environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsCurrently transitioning from startup to established business with deeper pockets due to buyout from McKesson. Leadership is willing to tackle the tough issues and fund additional resources as deemed necessary. Always willing to listen to ideas on how to better improve processes and product.

ConsSome organizational inertia is present due to the sudden increase in company size. Due to rapid expansion of the customer base some of the "house cleaning" type of tasks are suddenly becoming more important after having been neglected for some time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a roadmap and stick to it. Start tracking metrics that allow the lower level employees to know what they are contributing to the overall business (scorecards that track installs, defects, % contribution to business, etc.).

McKesson

Management (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosvery good employee training and benefits

Consliving in different cities than management teams

Advice to Senior Managementbe more open about changes

Mckesson is a very good place to work they care for they employee

A/R Specialist (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

Prosgood company to work for,care about they employee and have a good medical benfits over all good company

Consto be the best at what you do

Advice to Senior Managementappreciate your staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales

Account Manager (Current Employee) San Luis Obispo, CA

ProsSales manager. Good culture products and service. Dominant in our market for med Surg products and services

ConsThere are no major cons to working with McKesson. The only drawbacks and limitations are self imposed.

Great Company to work for!

ProsWork-life balance, Focus on growth and results from what you are doing

ConsMoving up seems a bit hard to achieve, but they do offer a lot of jobs

Good place to work

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsThe company has been around for over 150. Years and is still going strong. The work you do helps people and saves lives . Good pay

ConsSome long hrs .
    Hard work , but it keeps you busy and in shape . Lots of physical work .. If your not in good shape you will be .

Great Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Westminster, CO

ProsSupporting Manager, Comfortable and relaxed environment, decent PTO and Work from home policies, above average benefits, fair salary

ConsIt is a LARGE company, as such, things often move slower than a person would like.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure everyone understands the mission and goals for the business and believes in them. With such a large company it is really easy for the guy at the bottom to not know what they are working towards.

Great company to work for

ProsGreat benefits.
    If you're a manager, you're likely going to get a very good incentive plan.
    Ability to work from home.

ConsPromotions are rare. If you're "liked" by someone, you may get promoted. Otherwise, you're probably going to get stuck in your current position

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better path for promotions.

Great Experience

Business Analyst (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsPretty much everything. I loved working for the company and really had no complaints at all.

ConsHardware your given isn't exactly up to par for what employees do. They tend to crash and tech support is not helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better computing technology

Good place to work considering it's a huge corporate environment

Senior Applications Support Analyst (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsI loved the teamwork with fellow co-workers. Strong leadership kept the team focused and also provided what was coming down the path. They also support a work-life balance and provided flexibility for family/personal life.

Conssince I was working in a contractor role, I was not able to transition to a full time position as there was not one available. Compensation was almost half of contract pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider moving full time folks who are less productive to make room for contractors who want to work full time and benefit the business unit.

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!