McKesson Reviews

681 reviews filtered by
3.3
McKesson Chairman, President, and CEO John H. Hammergren
John H. Hammergren

Pros
  • They also support a work-life balance and provided flexibility for family/personal life (in 48 reviews)

• I was a work from home employee which was a desire of mine (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay, Work-life balance can be tough to achieve if you are a salaried employee (in 24 reviews)

• Upper management limits middle management from creating a functional work environment (in 29 reviews)

MATERIAL Handler

I worked at McKesson

Pros

Getting paid to come to work and to exercise

Cons

Don't get sick I sick 2 weeks after I started and was let go because of my attendance. You are not supposed to work when you're contagious but they didn't care

Advice to Management

Give a little wiggle room to employees who provide documentation who are really in need of time off

My experience at McKesson has been filled with favoritism and racism

Current Employee - Material Handler in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at McKesson

Pros

I don't believe are are any pros at McKesson

Cons

Poor salary and raises. No opportunity for advancement especially for minorities or females

Advice to Management

There is no opportunity for management advancement

Avoid McKesson at all costs - it all begins with poor leadership

Current Employee - Corporate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at McKesson full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Free filtered water
    - Pretty views from the high rise building in downtown SF.

Cons

- First off, Mckesson is an old-boys club. The upper management men keep to themselves, and only promote very young, very inexperienced men with freshly minted MBAs. The inexperience leadership is very weak and short sighted..
    - The ethics line and HR will not help you if you are discriminated against. HR and employee relations only work for McKesson, not for you.
    - Titles are highly inflated. On my floor of 65+ people, 75% are directors or managers.
    - No one is held accountable for their work
    - Leadership moves numbers and money around to reflect them in their favor
    - Departments are run with low budgets because that's what invesors want.
    - Very, very, very low pay. No bonuses if you aren't in a certain pay grade.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. McKesson will benefit from giving employees such things as free coffee and better pay. For a company of its size, Mckesson has very, very poor benefits.

10 Min

Former Employee - BPS in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - BPS in Norcross, GA

I worked at McKesson

Pros

Big Company, good benefits once you get hired in.

Cons

Norcross Office, very unprofessional and disrespectful towards employees, call center environment. As a contractor you get paid more than once you get hired in.

Advice to Management

Change Management in Norcross office, team leads are very unprofessional.

The ever revolving door of McKesson, I was employed for eight months there before I decided to leave.

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at McKesson as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Working for McKesson was a great opportunity to gain some experience that allowed me to find a better position at another company, which I did as quickly as possible.

Cons

Every month there was a clear out of desks in front of the entire staff, which induced fear into all current employees that they were next on the chopping block.

not good

Current Employee - Csr1 in Phil, KY
    Current Employee - Csr1 in Phil, KY

I have been working at McKesson

Pros

ok benefits, flexible time is ok

Cons

not paid good, management is poor

Advice to Management

step your game up

GREENVILLE, TX division: Not the McKesson that I am familiar with. Stepped back in time when I entered this division

I have been working at McKesson full-time

Pros

Mckesson Corporation world wide has a excellent reputation as leaders in their specific industries.

Cons

Greenville TX - Management and systems are antiquated. Employees too afraid of losing their jobs to speak up in regards to much needed changes in operations and work flow. Pay rate is at poverty level. Many employees work two jobs and are on some type of government assistance to survive (I.E. food stamps, government assisted housing) Work force is roughly 85-90 % women. Another 45% with 2.5 children to support. Very sad and unnecessary. The benefits are very good if these people could afford them. How do you put a roof over your head, food on the table and maintain a mode of transportation at $9.00/per hour?
    Management's interface with employees is prison guard mentality. Upper management (term used loosely) are in positions as a result of longevity vs experience and education. Shocked on a daily basis of how this division is managed. The McKessons that I've had interface with over a 20 yr period is absent in the Greenville, TX division. Current management does not have the experience or education to make the needed changes.

Advice to Management

Evaluate and streamline work flow and computer system. Bring this division up to the standard of other McKesson workplaces. Bring in new management that enhances and empowers your workforce. There are wonderful people here. Given a small amount of attention and encouragement this division could be as uplifting as the McKesson newsletters that they read. Management should be a tool in guidance and empowerment, not oppression. This management style was found to be non-productive in the 60's. McKesson Greenville, TX needs a CHAMPION. The employees don't need another speech about how profitable we've been, when it's been it their expense. The last address to the employees was so condescending and delivered as if he were speaking to children that I contemplated walking out.

horrible management

Former Employee - Account Receivable Specialist in Lewiston, ME
    Former Employee - Account Receivable Specialist in Lewiston, ME

I worked at McKesson

Pros

steady paycheck and flexible schedule

Cons

There's no clear leadership. I had three managers, I had to beg them to fix my payroll three times, they simply forgot to submit it and thanks to my persistence I got paid on time. You never get feedback unless you make a mistake and if you do make one no one tells you how to fix it.

Advice to Management

off site management needs to clear out all leadership and replace with college graduates

Left within less than a year

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Carrollton, TX

I worked at McKesson full-time (less than a year)

Pros

discounted movie tickets and holiday parties

Cons

gosh, where do I begin...
    I don't know about the corporate office in S.F. but do not go work at the Carrollton, TX site.

management and hr totalitarianism.

Former Employee - Technical Implementation Engineer
    Former Employee - Technical Implementation Engineer

I worked at McKesson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

good salary is a smoke screen once in management will make you physically sick

Cons

Management is hostile to employees. There is no work life balance. Management is eliminating regular full time employees and hiring contractors. Management is eliminating the STAR and Horizon Product line.

Hospitals are leaving McKesson to go with the competition Epic or Cerner, and rightfully so.

McKesson is trying to implement Paragon as the solution, but that is going nowhere, since the sales are not there.

Management preaches the ICARE (integrity, customer centered, accountability, respect, and excellence) principle, but management DOES NOT adhere to them.

Very unhealthy place to work. You will be working long hours, nights, weekends, with NO thanks. And PTO is non existent. Management expects you to work during your time off.

Advice to Management

Follow your own ICARE prinicples and treat employees with respect.