www.mckesson.com
Employer Engaged

great pay, benefits, and big corporation. Do not value employees

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at McKesson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits, education assistance program, 401k, vacation

Cons

They have a machine driven view, they manage employees as machines/robots. They keep a lot of tabs on you, constraints, restrictions. Management do not value employees, they only think about the metrics. They want to write you up for everything, no empathy, no recognition. Management does not know how to communicate with employees. If you work in a distribution center it's hard to move up within the company's hierarchy.

Better leadership, better management, ......................

Ok place to work for.

I have been working at McKesson

Pros

Good matching 401k. Health benefits are reasonable with the company paying majority of the premium

Cons

Little to no accountability from middle management

Take a minute to show you care about your employees

Overall enjoyable the experience - but varies depending on team and department

I have been working at McKesson

Pros

Good work life balance, culture and great office location

Cons

This is a large conservative corporate company and as such can be overly hierarchical and political.

Salary

I have been working at McKesson

Pros

McKesson has great benefits that can make up for the lack of salary

Cons

McKesson doesn't always pay the best because they pay based on market rate but also the there are salary ranges and managers are not held accountable for ensuring their employees are in the range. I had talked to 2 HR people about my employees and correcting their salary to market rate and there was not an official process for merit increase or for people that are below the market rate

HR Management needs to step up at McKesson and review what the line managers are doing because employees are getting screwed over.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Westlake, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Westlake, TX

I have been working at McKesson full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for growth. McKesson takes great care of their employees. Management is supportive of work life balance and encourages education.

Cons

A few political circle within Customer Care and Warehouses. '

Have more consistent delivery of employee survey and skip level meetings to discover dissatisfaction within the workforce before big issues manifests.

Great Company to be part of

I have been working at McKesson

Pros

Good culture & company values, plenty of opportunities for growth, leader in the industry

Cons

i don't see any major cons

I was monetarily rewarded for my efforts and recognized among my peers as being one of the best in the country .

Former Employee - Market Development Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Market Development Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at McKesson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

benefits,compensation,recognition,and the company is vertically integrated,which helped me stay ahead of the completion on most projects

Cons

there really aren't any,if you can't make it here,you can't make it anywhere

keep up the good work

GREENVILLE, TX division: Not the McKesson that I am familiar with. Stepped back in time when I entered this division

I have been working at McKesson full-time

Pros

Mckesson Corporation world wide has a excellent reputation as leaders in their specific industries.

Cons

Greenville TX - Management and systems are antiquated. Employees too afraid of losing their jobs to speak up in regards to much needed changes in operations and work flow. Pay rate is at poverty level. Many employees work two jobs and are on some type of government assistance to survive (I.E. food stamps, government assisted housing) Work force is roughly 85-90 % women. Another 45% with 2.5 children to support. Very sad and unnecessary. The benefits are very good if these people could afford them. How do you put a roof over your head, food on the table and maintain a mode of transportation at $9.00/per hour?
    Management's interface with employees is prison guard mentality. Upper management (term used loosely) are in positions as a result of longevity vs experience and education. Shocked on a daily basis of how this division is managed. The McKessons that I've had interface with over a 20 yr period is absent in the Greenville, TX division. Current management does not have the experience or education to make the needed changes.

Evaluate and streamline work flow and computer system. Bring this division up to the standard of other McKesson workplaces. Bring in new management that enhances and empowers your workforce. There are wonderful people here. Given a small amount of attention and encouragement this division could be as uplifting as the McKesson newsletters that they read. Management should be a tool in guidance and empowerment, not oppression. This management style was found to be non-productive in the 60's. McKesson Greenville, TX needs a CHAMPION. The employees don't need another speech about how profitable we've been, when it's been it their expense. The last address to the employees was so condescending and delivered as if he were speaking to children that I contemplated walking out.

McKesson Shared Services

Current Employee - Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at McKesson full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule and laid back atmosphere

Cons

Low pay, no promotability, work atmosphere is outdated and dull, leadership does not value talent, nepotism, extremely political, too many layers of management, low morale, depressing to see workers that are truly unhappy. Upper management is clueless.

Pay attention to your workers at all levels and genuinely understand them.

Nothing special about working here, treat employees like a number

I have been working at McKesson full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to work from home is great

Cons

Salary is very low, no bonuses, holiday celebrations, etc... No room for advancement. Communication is lacking, seems very disconnected from other locations.

Salary structure needs to be revisited and bonuses would be nice. Communication needs improvement.