McKesson Reviews

Reset

great job bad choices

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at McKesson part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay awesome hours great people

Cons

Fire you before probation is up
    seniority is everything

Advice to Management

Give part timers a chance

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Springfield, MO

I have been working at McKesson

Pros

Name recognition, loyalty of our customers. How we take care of our customers.

Cons

Outdated software, needs to updated quicker, no delays in new releases. Pricing too high. Need a true interface to EPIC

Advice to Management

For the most part, Management is very good.

3. Fast Paced, Fully Utilized, Great people in the trenches.

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Orlando, FL

I worked at McKesson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for McKesson for 5 years and had the opportunity to travel for the first 18 months and then come off the road. I took a lateral move to a different organization in a similar role. They support working from home which was a HUGE plus.

Cons

Leadership was extremely focused on meeting wall street numbers without regard to the people supporting them from the trenches. While base salary was good, bonuses were non-existent and merit increases were 3% at best even if you exceeded your goals and objectives.

Advice to Management

Please keep the people in mind when making decisions that will impact their bottom lines. Reward good performance.

5. Average - not great - not bad

I worked at McKesson full-time

Pros

Some of the employees are exceptional - a real treat to work with / they will go out of their way to help you. Very forward thinking in regards to employee work - substantial portion of work force is remote / works from home. In my department, they left you alone to perform the work as you saw fit.

Cons

Some employees are not 'team' oriented. Extremely 'siloed' mentality. Hard to get other employees to consider an alternate point of view if it conflicts with theirs. Watch out for Q4 - there is always a mad rush to get projects completed before EOFY. Be cognizant of a reduction in force if budgets are not meet. Often difficult to truly be heard. Performance reviews are a bit of a charade.

Advice to Management

Management is performing decently. There is always room to improve. I never participated in a 'company wide' meeting. It would have been a good team building experience for everyone to get together once a year or so and hear directly from the CEO in real time.

Constant management changes and layoffs. This review is for the EIS division.

I have been working at McKesson full-time

Pros

Great benefits & HUGE company to move around in.

Cons

This company has changed quite a bit over the past 7 years and much for the worse. Management keeps on changing every 12-24 months not giving the business an opportunity to see the benefits of the changes. Layoffs are frequent. Business lacks strategy and quality products. And the leadership has become very cold and heartless. They are not transparent and forthright with changes in the business and fall back to HR policy as opposed to being human.

Advice to Management

Find some good management, give them the tools to succeed, and give them time to succeed. If you treat your employees better, the company might see better work output and quality products.

Policy changes needed

Former Employee - Accounting Analyst in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Accounting Analyst in Carrollton, TX

I worked at McKesson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mpower points, holiday parties, discounted movie tickets.

Cons

I was a full-time/direct hire employee but I hated how this location (I don’t know what it’s like at their HQ in San Francisco) treated their contractors, especially when there were so many of them. Soon after I was hired, there was a Christmas party that the site threw for their employees. Well, the contractors were also invited but they made them get in a separate line from their regular employees. I was so dumb founded because I went downstairs where the event was at w/ my friend/colleague who was a contractor (she and I started work on the same day). I just couldn’t believe she and the other contractors had to stand in a different line, even to get their lunch!!! What is this, apartheid??? I know it’s not race related but it got me so upset that they would segregate them like this. Then they weren’t given stupid bento box gift w/ the company logo on it, and $25 Target gift cards. And it’s not just this incident, they are not allowed to partake in department meetings, even though they also have access to financial information. And they weren’t allowed to get free pizzas on one of the site events. C’mon, two slices of pizza isn’t that expensive, and what are you doing to the moral of the Carrollton site when you treat your workers (granted they technically work for the contracting firm) like second class citizens? I mean most of them, if not all, want to work for McKesson as a full time employee. They probably took those jobs just to get their foot in the door and now they have to suffer humiliation at a work place? Give me a break! This isn’t the only reason why I left the company, but it speaks volume of the management philosophy when you treat people like you know what!

Advice to Management

What’s the point? it’s not like they listen. They conducted a 1:1 interviews with their employees (at least our department) through a 3rd party company but nothing had changed for at least 10 months that I was there. They never conducted an exit interview on my last day (don’t ask me why) but called me more than 6 times after I left for an exit interview over the phone. I would have called back had I thought it was going to change anything, and I really didn’t have anything positive to say at the time.

Project Management

Current Employee - Project Manager in Clarkston, MI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Clarkston, MI

I have been working at McKesson full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Large company that allows movement to multiple different service groups

Cons

Management appears to repeat past mistakes and at this point the IT side is run quarter/quarter with little long term stability.

mckesson

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at McKesson full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

good company to work for.

Cons

horrible uper management. starting pay needs raised.

10. Great People

I worked at McKesson

Pros

The company hires good people, very relaxed environment for most groups. Provides great work/life balance

Cons

everything moves really slow, as you go up, there is a lot of politics

11. Growing too fast for its own good

Current Employee - Finance Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at McKesson

Pros

* collaborative environment
    * easy commute / located on BART

Cons

* Salaries low compared to other industry
    * Growing too fast for the systems to catch up, many processes are broken

RSS Feed </> Embed