McKinley, Inc.

Updated October 14, 2014
3.9

McKinley, Inc. CEO Albert M. Berriz
Albert M. Berriz

Pros
  • Like everyone else reviewing I think the pay and benefits are awesome (in 16 reviews)

• You get paid, you get bonuses, benefits are good, PTO is good, people are nice (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management takes a blind eye so that don't have to address the problems (in 9 reviews)

• If you don't make sure you shut down when you're at home it's difficult to have a work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company

Current Employee - Property Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working for Mckinley. I really feel supported working here moreso that other property managers I've worked for. Budgets are reasonable and goals are clearly defined. Regional is flexible and understanding and they pay well so its not hard to keep your staff. Good benefits good culture. Hard to get into with lots of interviews which was a con when interviewing but a pro when your in. Now I know why it was so hard and love it.

Cons

Property managers should be more involved in budget process. Computer systems are dated and hard on remote.

Just keep trying to improve.

The best.

Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Great pay
    -Great benefits
    -Good leadership
    -Opportunities for growth and promotion
    -Fun work environment
    -Great people
    -Company values the right things and treats people well

Cons

-Pay is good but annual raises should be higher
    -A lot of pressure to hit high goals
    -Very hard work
    -Not a lot of information on what is happening around the company. Never know what new properties are being acquired.

-Share more information with employees

Maintenance

Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Taylor, MI
    Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Taylor, MI

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Mckinleys the best company I ever worked for. Took this job because pay was better than drywall and love working with Mckinley. Are team is made of great people and everyone pitches in to make sure that the site looks good for the residents and don't just leave it for maintenance. Terri always makes ways to give us fun stuff and feel appreciated.

Cons

Snow removal and oncall are rough and we could use more guys to help in those times. Hard to keep up with turns when you gotta spend all day picking up snow.

We make a difference

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Like everyone else reviewing I think the pay and benefits are awesome. McKinley gets it right by there employees on that. But more than that we get to really make a difference for our reisdents everyday. McKinley isn't just another company with hollow mottos like I've worked for before. They care about us as employees and more so they let us do whatever it takes to keep our residents happy. That's important because working for other companies upper management just hung us out to dry and get reemed by residents. At McKinley they make sure you solve the problem. I love that.

Cons

It's hard work. It's good to always be busy but sometimes theres a lot thrown at you. They pay you for it but I've never worked so hard before. Rush is stressful.

More bonuses than quarterly.

LOVE MCKINLEY

Current Employee - Manager in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everything. I love my job. I did't know anything about property management until I came to McKinley and they were patient and taught me enough to get into a management role which I could never envision. They paid amazing even when I was in sales. I was skeptical until I saw it. Lease, lease, lease and get the rewards!!!! Regional team are amazing and always there to help with questions and goals. I couldn't recommend Mckinley more to anyone looking to get into property management.

Cons

Probably gonna have to buy more properties for more leadership opportunities to open up in regional level jobs I'd think. More input on budgets.

Thank you. Keep taking chances on good people who maybe don't have alot of experience.

Good money, good job

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The money. Best sales job I ever had. Most companies either pay no base salary or something really low and have commission minimums and stuff. McKinley flat out pays and it's the best sales job I ever day. They don't overwork you and have a great work life balance. Upper management cares about not burning employees out because you get a lot of PTO and the holidays where the sites close. Our team is cool and fun to work with.

Cons

The work is fun but demanding. We lease and renew at higher rates than other companies and expect to keep getting better. That's pressure on sales people but if your good you can make great money. It's been fun watching how successful we've been over the last couple a years.

Create a higher level of sales jobs or maybe increase commissions more based on rent increases.

Highly Recommended

Current Employee - Maintenance in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people, plenty of resources to do the job, great pay, great benefits and the company is doing really well. Can't ask for much more.

Cons

Not a lot of cons. I've enjoyed my time at McKinley thus far and don't see any negativity. Our team is good and I think our regionals are supportive and positive.

I don't really have any.

Good to work here

Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They treat you right. It's hard work but you get paid for it and get rewarded. Never worked no where before where maintenance got bonuses to. Hourly pay and ot is good. Work order system is good because it lets the resident's praise maintenance when you do the work orders which usually is overlookd.

Cons

Alot of turns and work orders especially in the summer. Winter is no break because of snow removal. Hard work and fast turn schedules.

Hire more maintenance

Probably one of the worst...

I worked at McKinley, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The CSM, some residents, and co-workers were a joy to work with.

Cons

Literally no life outside of work. I would have 1 1/2 days scheduled off, though realistically it was just 1 day off, a week. The CM was pretty rude to both employees and residents. Doesn't show employees appreciation. It's kind of baffling how he even has the job. Management never stepped up to do the work I was told during my interview that I would have some weekends off, but sometimes I would have a weekday off and work one weekend day. Well, I ended up working EVERY weekend.

Instead of bad talking your employees straight to their face, actually offer constructive criticism. Also, please step up whenever the office is short handed, which seemed to be the whole time. Hire and train someone instead of making someone do 2 jobs and run around with their heads cut off. Also, please learn how to communicate. Employees were never in the know.

Great job

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Orlando, FL

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love working at mckinley they take good care of you. Good pay and benefits and good support of maintenance. Managers listen to the employees and dont make it to hard to do your job.

Cons

Sometimes can get to busy and be pulled in alot of directions. They expect a lot especially in rush and it can be very hard work.

More guys on call