McKinley, Inc.

McKinley, Inc. Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

McKinley, Inc. CEO Albert M. Berriz

Albert M. Berriz

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are better than most companies(in 6 reviews)

• Awesome teamwork, great pay and benefits, huge opportunity for growth, mentorships, great bonus structure(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • That's all for show and to make upper management feel good about themselves(in 9 reviews)

• You wont want to work for them or live in one of the roach infested apartments(in 3 reviews)

Love this company!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsI've been here just over one year and I love working for McKinley. We focus on our customers and believe in creating solutions to any issues they face ASAP. I have learned how important it is to prioritize and manage my time in order to be successful in such a fast paced environment! I love that every work day is new with McKinley!

ConsYou MUST be ready to move quickly. It's not exactly a "con," but more of a learning experience.

McKinley, Inc. HR Leader responded to this review

Jun 23, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you!

UNETHICAL

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsThe benefits, those are the only pros. This company has really shown how much they care........sarcasim

ConsThis company has so many cons it's scary. I was employed with this company for a short amount of time due to the lack of respect management has for their employees. I was given no advance warning and because I tried to go by McKinley "standards" and speak with my manager about the level of respect given. I was slapped in the face. I had given up other job opportunities because they said this is a wonderful company and they care.

.......Well that's a load. There is no "Can Do" attitude with this company except they "Can" fire you with no good reason. I have never been fired in my life and not to be given a warning that this was coming made it even more upsetting. I was good enough to enter a quarter of a million dollars in payments into their system the day I was fired but not good or "human" enough for them to actually see where the problem is coming from.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of being so concerned about the money your making, pay attention to your employees. Revise your standards because what you have on the posters in your offices does not reflect what's actually being done.

The negative here is so True

Regional (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThey talk a good game and pay

ConsI worked for them years ago and I read some of these post every now and again and it's still the same. You know it's true when head of HR leaves after 13 years of service. People stop signing paperwork for severance pay, if termination was needed they would not offer a severance. This tells me they are being unethical and feel like they need to fix your termination.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlbert, Mr. Peabody, and your new HR leader conduct some in house investigations, I'm sure you will be shocked as to your findings then maybe you will issue feedback to yourselves. Your vision was great but the practices to get there are unethical if not criminal to get there.

McKinley, Inc. Vice President responded to this review

Jul 16, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! I'm sorry you had a negative experience years ago. We are in constant communication with our employees soliciting feedback and gauging satisfaction.

While we won't
    ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

worst and bad management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI won't advice this company to my enemy for work is the worst of the worst they enjoy making your life miserable if you are a manger or sort of responsible you better get your bed at the office because you will never finish working and they don't care at all

Consbad management bad leadership bad decisions mckinley used to manage with gread leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementMckinley need to come back 16 years ago and review the way they used to communicate with their staff and take a lessons from and why all the qualify and honest workers leave

I wish The HR dept had asked me to call them regarding my dismissal from Mckinley. My post is labeled devastated .

(Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsPay, benefits, love the job I performed so well. Loved all the travel.

ConsThe way I was terminated, so wrong, why not be honest? Was always at their beck and call when needed. Have never been terminated from a job in my life.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe up front and honest.... I had a lot of vacation time owed to me that I worked hard to earn, traveling on the road all the time, they wouldn't pay me for. If I was truly at fault I would understand.

McKinley, Inc. Vice President responded to this review

May 19, 2014

I'm sorry that you had a negative experience. Should you like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to call me directly at 734-769-8520 x 115.

To clarify, non-payment of PTO had nothing to
    ... More

Top Performer Fired without Warning, Merit - BEWARE

Senior Regional Property Manager (Former Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsWhen it's good, it's really, really good. I worked at McKinley for almost 5 years - I was a top performer, earning excellent bonuses and merits each year.
    Employee Engagement was excellent, annual party was a great event....

Cons... and then. One day, I was called to the main office. I was told one of my properties was going to another mgmt company. I assumed (because I was a top performer) that I'd be assigned a new property.... but no. They told me then and there that I was done with McKinley. I felt so ashamed - what had I done?
    After I left (had to sign a paper saying I wouldn't sue to get a severence check), I heard they absorbed my job... I would have been willing to take a lower job just to stay!
    The lady I worked for (now gone as well) was a game player, and was aiming for the top. I was part of her "cost cutting" efforts - collateral damage, I guess.

Advice to Senior ManagementI loved working for McKinley. Fired without warning or merit, I now laugh every time I see an article about the "good work" the company does. Albert walks around as if his feet don't touch the earth, and the company has no idea what brand they are building through these deceitful and unethical/immoral practices.

Worst job ever!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits and pay. The sales commissions and the rent discounts are great. The residents are very nice. The hours are good too.

ConsEverything is wrong with the company. If you plan to get a job there make sure to have a back up plan right away because everyone there last about 2-5 months. I read the reviews on here and couldn't believe that a company could be that cruel. But everything you read on here except for the fake reviews by the company (pathetic) is 100% true. The managers do the dirty work of firing you in such a cruel way. Hr could care less about what happens to you.

I was a wonderful employee who spent overtime trying to prove myself. I worked long hours and had no social like. They work you harder than a human being can handle. If you mess up once the manager will call you into the office and say"this is where we part ways. You're fired." And no joke that is how it happened. I have never been fired in my entire life and was always employee of the year at any job I was in. To be thrown out like trash was shocking. I later found out I got fired because the manager saw me as a that. Wow! She got fired a month later. This is not a long term employer. So, don't make any long term plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you have a great employee who is loyal and dedicated don't treat them like the next robot. Treat them like human beings.

The Mighty Have Fallen

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey pay more than other management companies because otherwise they would not be able to attract talent.

ConsThere is a great deal of truth contained within many of the reviews. Employees are considered expendable, and not treated ethically or with respect. Entire teams are terminated, and the reason stated in each case makes absolutely no sense. McKinley would likely be sued much more often if they didn't offer each person that they know were terminated for stupid reasons money and require that they sign an agreement not to sue. Ask what the average tenure of the company and see what they say. Likely not the truth. McKinley is truly a nightmare, and I hope that karma does finally come around. Oh and for all of those comments that say Albert doesn't know what is going on, your kidding yourselves he is the worst of them all.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a new ethical executive team.

McKinley, Inc. HR Manager responded to this review

May 2, 2014

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with McKinley. I would invite you to contact me directly at jennifer.mack@mckinley.com or at 734-769-8520 x 116 to discuss your ... More

Abusive

ProsNothing-backstabbing, They make you feel guilty for taking your lunch. If you leave they don't pay you for your vacation time.

ConsTakes advantage of their employee. Upper management are not professional. Talks about their employees, sneezing etc...

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to appreciate your employees. You have ran plenty from your company. Shame on you!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

McKinley, Inc. HR Manager responded to this review

May 2, 2014

I am sorry that you are not having a positive experience. I would invite you to contact me directly so I can better understand your current experience. I can be reached at 734-769-8520 x 116 or via ... More

I'll never leave!

ProsThe people I work with are amazing. I've never had a job before that I truly enjoyed coming to. They are flexible, the compensation leads the industry and the opportunities for advancement are endless!

ConsIt can be overwhelming if you're not careful. If you don't make sure you shut down when you're at home it's difficult to have a work/life balance. There's always work to do!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going the way you are. Keep investing in your people.

Worked for McKinley, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!