McKinley, Inc. Reviews

171 reviews filtered by
3.5
McKinley, Inc. CEO Albert M. Berriz
Albert M. Berriz

Pros
  • You get paid, you get bonuses, benefits are good, PTO is good, people are nice (in 13 reviews)

• They don't overwork you and have a great work life balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • If you don't make sure you shut down when you're at home it's difficult to have a work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management has no clue what is really going on at the site level (in 11 reviews)

1. Excellent Company

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You'll love working at McKinley! Don't let these fake negative reviews from a couple of disgruntled people who couldnt make it fool you McKinley is one of the few companies that actually cares about its employees. As a family business McKinley makes everyone feel like family. They pay you well, take care of you, and invest in perks that few other companies offer. Albert is a great CEO who actually takes the time to go out and visit all the properties spend time with the employees and listen to what they have to say to do something about it. McKinley is full of opportunity if you look at the company so many people were promoted and given chances to move up. Plus all the fitness and wellness stuff.

Cons

Theres not a lot of continuity between the different divisions and no communication about whats going on with other parts of the company which can be frustrating

Advice to Management

Make a newspaper or online email bulletin or something about what is happening.

2. Great hard work

Current Employee - Maintenance in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Tampa, FL

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company with full benefits and good pay and bonuses for maintenance team. Regionals are nice and property walks always give a good idea of what to do and what is priority.

Cons

No inventory system and alot of times we use are own tools for jobs and wear and tear on them doesn't get replaced in payroll.

Advice to Management

Hire more maintenance

3. The Best

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

McKinley is the best! Working for McKinley means working for a company that doesn't just care about you as an employee but as a person as well. They are literally investing a ton of money into a program for employee health and fitness. I've never worked for a compayn that cared this much about its people before.

Cons

There are no cons. I'll work for McKinley for life. This is the best job that I have ever had.

Advice to Management

More parking at 320

5. The Place to Work in Ann Arbor

Current Employee - Corporate in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

So much excitement going on at McKinley making it the best place to work in Ann Arbor. We just were told of a massive renovation creating so many amazing amenities for us to use as employees. Now that its spring McKinley just bought a bunch of bikes for us to ride around town during the work day free of charge. What was a boring, typical corporate job 7 years ago has become exciting, fun, and really employee centric. Management is tuned in to what employees want and the company culture has improved dramatically the last 5 years. I can't wait to see how things progress this summer.

Cons

Parking is still terrible and has gotten worse. There flat out isn't enough parking and it sucks in the winter.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to what employees want and coming up with ways to make work fun. I never thought in 2007 when we were chained to our desks that there would be a day McKinley would be building fire pits, open space with TVs, and giving people bikes and saying "go for a ride" during the work day. Snacks or food would be a good next step.

6. Community Manager

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

McKinley is an amazing place to work. I started with great training where I went to several sites over a couple of weeks and learned pretty much every job from some amazing people. The extent people went out of their way to make sure I learned and knew what I was doing was incredible. There are so many people ready to help and answer questions that are just a phone call or email away. On top of that, McKinley pays well and offers great benefits and PTO.

Cons

There are really no cons at McKinley. Despite what the 2-3 bitter former employees who spam this page with their repeated attacks want you to believe, this is the best place I've ever worked. Sure, MRI is a bit slow and tough to use and we adjust to change quite a bit, but it is because McKinley constantly pushes for better results. Why would you want to work for someplace like other management companies who are content settling for being average?

Advice to Management

I'd like to see more flexibility on the sites and chances to be exposed to people outside of our region. We interact with so many people but aside from select corporate executives don't really see them.

7. Leasing

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For entry level apartment leasing an opportunity to make good money and quickly get promoted to SSA or CM if thats what you want to do. Good training, good people to work with, benefits are great. Company really focuses on fitness, health and will pay for you to work with a coach to be healthy and fit. Company sponsors cool events and challenges with prizes for employees.

Cons

Hourly rate is a little low for leasing when smaller property's have seasonality but when you make SSA or have renewals you earn alot more.

Advice to Management

Pay leasing more when sales are off.

8. Intern

Current Employee - Intern in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Intern in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've had a wonderful experience as an intern at McKinley. Aside from McKinley actually caring enough to pay interns, everyone has been very friendly and super helpful. They make a concerted effort to get you involved in the company and teach you rather than just dump grunt work on you. You really get to feel like part of the team which is a great feeling. Senior leadership is accessible and friendly and they seem very connected to everyone in the office. The company is in the middle of a lot of great changes that seem to be very modern and employee friendly. Very similar to some stuff that my friends who worked at smaller start ups or tech companies get to do which seems unusual for a property management company. As an intern, I'm given the same access to the fitness center, the wellness coach and the other amenities that full time employees have. I even got to meet the CEO and he was super nice!

Cons

I can't really comment on the benefits package or PTO as interns aren't offered these perks. I would've liked to interact more with people from different areas of the company.

Advice to Management

I think that McKinley is a great place for an internship and think that a more robust program would be a great way to get more students interested in a career at McKinley. I'm sure when my internship is up I would love to stay on at the company in some capacity. This is a great place to work and a pipeline of people who know what McKinley is all about and would love to work here full time would be helpful.

I Love Working Here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

McKinley is a fun place to work. It's challenging, always changing, and the company is always looking for ways to make things fun from excersise and diet programs to events to now things like a major fitness center and lounge for employee's. They take care of you.

Cons

You dont' get a free pass here. You have to work hard and produce. It's known throughout the organization that they only accept the best and sometimes that means theres pressure.

Advice to Management

Put up a basketball court.

McKinley, Inc. Response

Apr 9, 2015Vice President

Thanks for this great feedback! It is appreciated!

Mckinley rocks

Current Employee - Leasing in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Leasing in Orlando, FL

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All around great place to work. The leaders care about us as employees, we are paid well, benefits are good, and there's always something fun and exciting going on.

Cons

Aside from the computer systems being slow, there aren't really any. Best job I've ever had.

Advice to Management

Things are good so just make sure that they stay good and that you do more to keep employee's happy.

AWESOME!!

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

McKinley goes above and beyond to make sure employees are happy and healthy. The announcement of the new additions to the corporate office is the coolest thing I've seen at any job. I've never worked some where where the CEO cared enough to spend all the money Albert does on employees. Pay, benefits, all that stuff is good but what really makes Mckinley great is how they value the employees.

Cons

Walking up a hill from parking in the winter can be tough but its a small price when I get to work at such a great place.

Advice to Management

Keep doing awesome things. I'm so excited for what the building will look like with all of our great new amenities.

McKinley, Inc. Response

Apr 9, 2015Vice President

Thank you for this great feedback! We are excited as well!