McLane Foodservice

McLane Foodservice Reviews

Updated October 1, 2014
Updated October 1, 2014

Tom Zatina

Great place to work, yes theirs always politics but you see this at every place of employment.

Current Employee - Driver in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Driver in Orlando, FL

I have been working at McLane Foodservice full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The Pay is good, and when compared to other similar companies in the area you can say the pay is above average. Company benefits are among the best I’ve had yet. Their 401K is nothing to play with; when the recession was at its peak we were receiving a 2 for 1 match. Vacation and time off standard, and the work schedule for a bid driver is 4 nights a week.

Cons

Same old same old office politics, the routing manager dictates how you’re nights going to go. He may add more stops to your route or take some off; consistency in this area is an issue. Training for new drivers really needs to be revamped, it’s like everyone’s trainers and new guys get bounced around to basically cover helper routes.

Senior management – Actually follow up on regular mid-level management and look at the quality of work they out-put.
    Mid-level management – if you guys would really take the time to listen, all our lives would be much easier and we can go and provide a better service to our customers. Feel free to think outside the box and show up with new and fresh ideas, simply showing up for work isn’t going to cut it forever.

Good starting place

I worked at McLane Foodservice

Pros

good people, some better than others

Cons

salary, not willing to make changes

Good Company for Good Old Boys Club

Current Employee - Driver in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Driver in Houston, TX

I have been working at McLane Foodservice full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, 401k the DC management is always respectful and knowledgeable

Cons

The new incoming managers with their Degrees have no clue how to train or work on the front line. The DC management that the drivers respect and go to are rarely promoted. I have seen my long term trans manager train and get passed over because he didn't have a degree.

New Regional VPs are arrogant and not involved like they used to be. It used to be easy to talk to them now few teammates even know who they are other than photos that are posted at the DC.

Warehouse Associate

Former Employee - Warehouse Specialist in Hebron, KY
    Former Employee - Warehouse Specialist in Hebron, KY

I worked at McLane Foodservice full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great 401k plan and great opportunity to move up in company

Cons

Management should just listen more to associates ideas more

Be more open minded to what associates are asking of you

Excellent company to work for.

I have been working at McLane Foodservice full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employees and management always helping each other to get the work accomplished.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Very optimistic for the future of this company.

Great company to work for.

I worked at McLane Foodservice full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Great teammates. something new every day.

Cons

24/7 business. something new every day!

Maintain several maximum intensity duties and responsibilities.

Former Employee - Warehouse Specialist in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Warehouse Specialist in Plymouth, MI

I worked at McLane Foodservice full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Provide good customer service and good profit sharing. You received awards for outstanding work performance.

Cons

Just office managers will not communicate with you if they have a small problem about your work performance. Office managers and hr get together and spread false negative gossip and act phony towards you. Office managers will not give you a verbal or written warning because they want to be hurtful and bold.

Just try to find office managers that are fair and will talk you to help you succeed. Just office managers that want to keep good workers and don't be so quick to terminate you because few might get jealous of you for strange reasons. Don't need sly and completely untrusted office managers that Foodservice facility.

Wow Hell is Hot

Current Employee - Driver in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Driver in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at McLane Foodservice full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

401k and decent equipment to work with

Cons

Not enough pay, terrible hours, mismanagement, so called errors on checks all the time, Seems like they hope you miss paycheck errors, just ripping drivers off. They claim its an open door policy but truly theres no one to talk too. The warehouse runs the driver department, so problem loads and mispicks are not properly addressed.

Get in touch with reality , Don't treat employees as second class citizens, Its a revolving door because everyone has there fedup buttons, Get a driver manager who has transportation experience instead of a former warehouse kissbutt who doesn't have the understanding to handle driver problems and driver issues.

MFS Manassas Va

Current Employee - Driver in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Driver in Manassas, VA

I have been working at McLane Foodservice full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only thing half way good about this place is the pay checks are decent.

Cons

Where do I begin? The transportation department doesn't have a clue as to what the drivers go through. The give order lone they can do your job but in reality can't. You literally run for 14 hours a day. If you're late to a stop you get reprimanded, if you're early you get reprimanded. They say it's in the contract but actually the faster you work the only per hour you average; so they want you to slow down so they don't have to pay you big dollars when you take vacation assuming it's approved. They don't have a problem sending trucks out that are overweight. They would rather pay the fine than abide by DOT regulations.

Get a clue. The GO needs to come to grips and start paying the drivers what they are worth instead of stopping pay raises so he can by a new Mercedes SUV

worst place to work, & make a career!

Current Employee - Order Selector in Tracy, CA
    Current Employee - Order Selector in Tracy, CA

I have been working at McLane Foodservice full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

the pay is the only good thing about this hellish place, the idea that you get raises and top out soon because for the work we do it always feels like the top out aint soon enough.

Cons

performance based job, so everyday you are working your butt off & I mean it RUNNING, intense labor grunt work, the management team 1 manager especially R.M. are his initials plays with the time, tampers with the assignment time & messes with the time in the computer system in general making it hard to hit 100% unsafe place to work in order to pick orders and hit 100% we are in constant danger such as stepping on pallets to get to products and climbing on racks to get things on 2nd level, RUNNING just to hit 100% and they say you should be able to walk with ease at 100% management constantly spewing lies as if we are stupid and new to this type of work. to sum it up BS place to work because of the management. most employees are miserable here. revolving door here new hires all the time in and fired.

integrity. look it up natzis.

McLane Foodservice Photos