McLendon Hardware

Updated Apr 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gail McLendon

ok easy job flexible schedule

Store Helper (Current Employee) Kent, WA

ProsEasy work, flexible schedule, friendly atmosphere, benefits, discounts

Consslow sometimes can affect the hours you get

Advice to Senior Managementbe more direct with staff

Moderate work place.

Lumberyard Supervisor (Current Employee) Woodinville, WA

ProsCo-workers are great. Fun fast paced environment. Good vacation with up to a month paid off. Lots to learn in lots of different areas.

ConsManagement is terrible they are never on the same page. Lots of gossip and back stabbing. Pay scale is really bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying people what they are worth.

One happy employee

Lead Stocking Clerk (Current Employee) Sumner, WA

ProsGreat Store, Love the people, Love my job

Consnot enough hours for part time employees

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of hiring so many employees allow the part time employees to work longer hours to make up the difference and it would cost less in the long run.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They mislead you about pay. They hire part time people to avoid offering benefits.

Department Sales (Former Employee) Sumner, WA

ProsYou develop relationships based on the unfairness shared among associates. Once your "in" the other associates become family which you need there.

ConsZero gratitude. The treatment like all associates are thief's and out to "cheat Mclendons" The practice of retaining associates that are horrible. Working with substandard equipment. Management's practice of zero accountability and not promoting teamwork. They mislead you about pay and blatently lie so you do not receive a pay raise of 20 cents an hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat associates with fairness and respect. Promote teamwork. Recognize good examples of teamwork at your morning meetings. Stop negative associates from continuing to bully other associates. Your associates are also your best customers. Let them be able to benefit from great sales events and shop. Don't treat them like dogs by telling them " only 2 pieces of chicken each" Some associates are dirt poor and if they need a third piece of chicken because its their only meal, then buy more. Its sad to see associates have to walk to work, do not see a Dr. Because they are denied health benefits, and then to see their Manager drive in in a Ferrari.

Just "OK".. not great

Cashier (Current Employee) Renton, WA

ProsMost customers friendly. Co-workers friendly.

ConsHires more part-timers so they don't have to pay benefits.
    Management doesn't listen to what you have to say.
    Some department leads play obvious favorites.
    Management tries to force you into things you don't want to do.
    Pay is absolutely horrid.
    Family is favored, even if they don't put in quality work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue. The turnaround rate is so high because you have no idea how to treat your workers. Act like you value them for a chance - the bottom level is what is earning YOUR pay - treat them with respect for once.

The pay was low and the gossip was so crazy but, the loyal customers are awesome.

Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) Renton, WA

ProsI liked working at McLendons because of the awesome customers. Pretty much steady schedule and that was nice.

ConsLow pay.
    No benefits for part-time.
    No opportunities for advancement.
    Family members would get paid more than the rest of us and advance.
    Getting use to new managers every few months.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the good workers like they should be treated so you quit losing them.

I love our customers and my co-workers, what could be better?

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Renton, WA

ProsRegular shifts, good benefits and the co-workers are wonderful. Our regular customers make me smile. Customers will come up to me often and tell me how much they love McLendon Hardware. I feel appreciated by my Manager. Me and my co-workers have worked together over 10 years and we are a family.

ConsWorking weekends can be difficult sometimes. When it is busy I wish we could have more help in my area.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you hire too many part-timers you will lose the customer service.

ok - until they changed management. nepotism does not always work.

SALES CLERK (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Prosfellow employees are for most part good to work with,.hours are steady week to week, for full time employees medical benefits are good

Conslow wages,little or no opportunities for advancment. they are in procces of eliminating higher paid full time employees to reduce payroll costs. this company does not appreciate self driven, hard working self educating people.if you are that kind of person don't waste your time with this company.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't dump all the knowledgeable people just to save a few dollars.those people are the ones that set you apart from the big box stores. you will need them some day.

Most of the people that work there are really nice, but the pay and opportunities to advance were just not there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Renton, WA

ProsLike the headline says, the people that worked there were all really nice and friendly. My bosses were nice at giving you breaks when you needed them

ConsThey pay wasn't that great. Your opportunities to advance within the company weren't that great either. There were really no incentives whatsoever.

Great family owned company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Renton, WA

ProsWell respected business. Regular work schedule.

ConsUsually requires working at least one weekend day.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore feedback is always better. Leadership seems to know what they are doing. Even in down economy the company is doing good.

Worked for McLendon Hardware? Contribute to the Community!