McNichols Company

Updated September 2, 2014
Updated September 2, 2014
2.5

Gene McNichols

Very good company to work for.

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Garland, TX

I have been working at McNichols Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very good team to work with, friendly and helpful. Very good branch managers. Great working hours, no 2nd and 3rd shifts, weekends, etc. Some overtime available. Very clean and organized shop. Very safety focused.

Cons

Average pay, raises haven't been good in a while and progression has been very slow.

Make sure pay rates keep up with the local economy.

I had a wonderful time while working at McNichols. It was a great place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at McNichols Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People working together as team. Their health benefits were excellent. Everyone has a chance to advance within their department or others. Everyone was willing to make sure the job got down. For example, they would stay late or come in early to complete the necessary project. Overall, it was a great place to work. I have great memories.

Cons

At the time I was employed with McNichols Company, I did not have an unpleasant experience.

Continue to keep in the loop on the base level of the teams

People are great

I have been working at McNichols Company

Pros

Great co-workers and caring senior leadership managers. Excellent work atmosphere. Fast paced!

Cons

Opportunity for advancement and pay.

Hire intelligent midline managers. The type that will listen to the workers and include their views when making changes.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unappreciated

I worked at McNichols Company

Pros

Ok benefits, decent healthcare, very generous paid time off, employees care about one another. Warehouse safety is critically emphasized on a daily basis.

Cons

Haven't seen a raise since 2008. The company demanded employees give 5 percent of our salary in 2009 and haven't gotten that back either. The Greed here is evident. Employees quit here often.

Give back to the employees who keep Your business going. I have a feeling the motive is to get everybody still employed there to quit so new cheaper employees can do the same work. Since there is little room for promotion or even a cost of living pay increase employees get discouraged after a while. The company would probably even do better if employees felt the respect they deserve.

McNichols is a great family company that holds to their core values and focus on improvement.

I worked at McNichols Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with and wonderful sales training courses. The emphasis on education and training program are wonderful to ease you into the role.

Cons

There is not a whole lot of room for growth within the company and the operating system to enter orders was arduous and ancient.

Find a way to automate and cut down the order entry system to allow more time for selling.

I think McNichols Company is a great company to work for. They are a wonderful company who does the right thing.

Former Employee - Sales  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I worked at McNichols Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cons

I think McNichols Company is a great company to work for. It can be difficult to be a large corporation and still hold on to values that the company was founded on.

McNichols wants their employees to grow and to feel empowered to do the best job possible.

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist  in  Garland, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Garland, TX

I worked at McNichols Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

McNichols values their employees. Management would like to hear your ideas and opinions. They want you to grow in product knowledge and confidence and actively seek out ways to help their employees do better in their jobs. Training is ongoing and participation and hard work ensures your success. You are given a chance to shine and there is chance for advancement.

Cons

I don't think there are any true 'cons' of working for this company. Very upbeat environment, negativity is just not fostered here! Perhaps if you do not enjoy a fast pace environment then that could be considered a 'con' - but if you like that, then you will love it!

Wolves in sheep clothing!!!!

I worked at McNichols Company

Pros

They use the title of Christianity.

Cons

Liars using religion to trick people.

Tell the truth and stop using religion to hide your true colors.

Call Center Hamster on a Wheel

Former Employee - CSS  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - CSS in Chicago, IL

I worked at McNichols Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay, job stys at work and you don't really 'bring it home' good training program - especially for entery level people wanting to expore sales as a potential career and struggling to find work in this job market.

Cons

Weird envrionment that is strongly rooted in Chrisianity and over the top (inappropriate) for 2013. Clear preference for men in management positions, end of story. Zero opportunity for woment to advance in any meaningful way at the branch and corporate level. Metals is a male dominated industry to begin with, but business is unabashedly secular. IE, a Christian version of Sharia Law.

Stop being so obtuse and leave the Bible verses off your invoices. For goodness sake, that is just beyond the pale!

Looks good on the surface but don't be fooled.

Former Employee - Buyer  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Buyer in Tampa, FL

I worked at McNichols Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I am no longer employed there.

Cons

Was a great company to work for until the kids took it over and let V.P.'s and managers who don't have a clue make important business decisions. Greed has taken over with no raises for some (unless you are really liked) and a bonus structure that dried up like an oasis in the desert.

Get back to treating people with the Christian values you claim to have and stop listening to stupid people in upper management.

Worked for McNichols Company? Contribute to the Community!