McRoberts Protective Agency Reviews

2.9
Meredith McRoberts

1. Great place to work

I have been working at McRoberts Protective Agency

Pros

The agency has been in business since 1876 and is still family owned. McRoberts truly values their employees and recognizes employees who are loyal, dedicated and hard working. McRoberts is a great place to start or further your career in the security industry.

Cons

I would like to see the salaries for Security Guards increased throughout the industry not just at McRoberts.

Keep doing what you are doing.. It is working!

2. Pretty decent job to start out in if you're a college student, some extra cash, or want to get into security or LEO.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at McRoberts Protective Agency part-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Decent pay overall
    -Flexible schedules, they will work with you.
    -Pretty simple job, you observe, report, and write it down.
    -Has fast paced communication.
    -Nice that you can get paid more if you have jurisdiction for other states.

Cons

-While decent as a part-time or seasonal job, the way won't increase by much.
    -While they pay on time, they have an odd system putting in your hours. (sometimes it's inaccurate, or faulty)
    -They need a better way to send, write, and access DAR's and tour schedules instead of the old way of faxing or "sending" a picture of your hours.
    -Guaranteed hours doesn't mean guaranteed amount.
    -Sending officers who live 40 minutes to two hours away when there are officers that live less than 10 minutes away from a site.
    -Supervisors are overworked sometimes, and spread too thin.
    -.20-30 cents is not a pay raise.
    -Explained above, supervisors are spread so thin that 8/10 sites, I never see one who usually checks me in.

-Update some of your programs, electronic wise and easier ways to communicate.
    -Give your Supervisors some space, I see them working 14-16 hours a day 6-7 days a week.
    -Have some permanent positions instead of seasonal work. Then you wouldn't be understaffed nor would they have to part time elsewhere.
    -training and micromanaging either more supervisors or have a stable way to cover your staff and employees.

-Other than that you guys are doing great, you're understaffed in the HR/Management (Usually the opposite for most security companies). On the plus side, you guys are probably one of the first ones that I have no complaints about in HR or upper management.

3. mom and pop operation but was good to work for

Former Employee - Security Officer
    Former Employee - Security Officer

I worked at McRoberts Protective Agency

Pros

6 hour shifts, pay was decent

Cons

driving distance far, had to use personal vehicle.

you should keep your employees informed of what the company is doing not find out after the fact. treat everyone the same as if they were black or hispanic.

Security Officers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Avenel, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Avenel, NJ

I have been working at McRoberts Protective Agency

Pros

Gullible management, plenty of overtime (but only if well liked by management). Most jobs offered, entails little to no actual work, all you need is a pulse and And a warm body.

Cons

Gullible Management. Management has zero to no leadership skills, "do as I say, not as I do" mentality. Branch offices wreak of undeserved hubris. Zero benefits, façade of a health care plan. For a privately owned company that is ran by a woman, not to offer a health care plan that covers gynecological visit, is appalling (for shame on you).

Also, the few competent employees the company deceptively manages to hire are quickly overburdened with the work of others and ill treated.

In order to succeed in this company one must have a dearth of knowledge (in all areas), commonsense, organization/ planing and be exceptionally lazy. The disorganization and lack of recognition from the branch levels and below are so substandard, how they maintain clients.

Security officers (The majority of the staff but lowest level employee) are treated like worthless commodities and And are constantly being reprimanded for the slightest infraction. While the administrative staff is forced to participate in office parties, barbecues and other undeserved accolades.

This stressful/hostile work environment will result in one agreeing with Ayn Rand, the author of "Atlas shrugged", by running away to a hidden island, where one can work with competent people.

Leadership seminars, and New branch level management. (people with social skills).

6. This Company is looking for human bodies so if your blood is still warm they will hire you dont worry

I have been working at McRoberts Protective Agency

Pros

If you looking for a Job and there is an event they usually need people so they will hire you

Cons

Alot of there job postings are for events and then when the event is done guess what your done.

More full time positions so workers can get a steady pay.

7. An Adventure

Former Employee - Security Guard in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Security Guard in New York, NY

I worked at McRoberts Protective Agency full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to start if you are just starting out. They will work with you as far as your schedule. they say they promote in house but they don't .They will hire someone who left before promoting in house. They do offer benefits with Blue Cross/ Blue Shield. The union that they are connected to, their isn't even a word I can think of to describe it, that's how bad it is.

Cons

Eventhough it comes with the job, when working out doors especially overnights they should have better bathroom facilities for cold weather.

If you say that you are all about in house promotions then stand by your word.

Ernest bishop

I have been working at McRoberts Protective Agency

Pros

I received my 1st security training with this company. This training has equaled me with the desire of returning to this profession . I am currently seeking full time employment with as much over as possible . Your immediate attention would be greatly appreciated,

Cons

I believe that the minimum salary for security officers should be $15.00 an hour, once the person is hired and placed on new site ,should have one week of on site training with a season person on said location .

Decent place too work

Former Employee - Security Screener in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Security Screener in Miami, FL

I worked at McRoberts Protective Agency part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working maritime security with Mcroberts allows you to have a flexible schedule and decent pay. The job requirements are fairly easy and usually only work "hard" for 3 out of 8 hours.

Cons

Co workers are often unprofessional and is often treated as underdogs by cruise workers. No pay raises as well. Often a lack of hours to go around

More opportunities for advancement rather than only the "favorites"

10. longest running security company

Current Employee - Screener in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Screener in Miami, FL

I have been working at McRoberts Protective Agency part-time (less than a year)

Pros

great pay and meet different people

Cons

dont like the slow season

11. My experience in Mcroberts is great and challenging .

Current Employee - Security Officer in Port Everglades, FL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Port Everglades, FL

I have been working at McRoberts Protective Agency part-time (more than a year)

Pros

one of the best and prestigious compagny ever !1

Cons

trainings for life for the best perfomance .