Mcfa

Mcfa Reviews

Updated November 18, 2014
Updated November 18, 2014

Shigeru Tanemura

Good company with a good product a distribution channels but somewhat stagnant work environment.

Former Employee - Dealer Finance in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Dealer Finance in Houston, TX

I worked at Mcfa full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great products, great distribution network, and great parent company support helps to keep this company viable and relatively strong over medium term.

Cons

Not much outside of the box thinking, mature product that requires more supply chain innovation and value added. Low priced competition makes maintenance of margins difficult.

Approach to market channels and regions should be diversified and broadened. Offer lower-end, more affordable models, address inexpensive Chinese brands or differentiate more from them.

Good place for followers.

Current Employee - Planning in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Planning in Houston, TX

I have been working at Mcfa

Pros

There are some very nice people to work with. That's about it.

Cons

Lack of standard operation procedures. The culture of the company is to react to problems instead of fixing the root causes. Nobody wants to stir up the soup and make valuable changes because Management only care about pleasing Japan parent company. Pay is below average, so so benefit and declining. Overall, if you are looking for a job that makes you feel valuable and achievable, this is not the place.

Need to change the company culture. Need to set up standard processes at all departments.

Worst job; the lack of competency is mind blowing.

Current Employee - Strategic Sourcing in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Strategic Sourcing in Houston, TX

I have been working at Mcfa full-time

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy a handful of people in my dept.

Cons

lack of leadership. we put up new mottos on banners in hopes that it will "fix" the company. I've never worked with so many incompetent coworkers prior to this. the intelligent personnel are punished in that they are given all the responsibility without adequate pay. additionally, employees pay for their own coffee....one small perk goes a long way.

where do I start?

Good experience building stop on a career path.

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Mcfa full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stable company with reasonable job security.

Cons

Low salaries, so-so benefits, revolving door CEO position with parent company.

Try to promote for merit not just because a position opened from someone leaving. Get healthcare costs under control.

Great People, Solid Manufacturer, Industry in Trouble

Former Employee - Technical Support in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Houston, TX

I worked at Mcfa full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Salaries are competitive and they have attracted an excellent team at all levels of the company. Their support of the local charities and the Houston Rodeo continue to prove their investment in the Houston community.

Cons

Industry is shrinking and it is not clear if MCF will be able to migrate business successfully into the electric market. The global MCF companies vision do not always match MCFA's vision making it more difficult to get things done.

Do dealers and customers still know you as a company who is easy to do business with?

Solid

I have been working at Mcfa

Pros

Great people culture with many talented and caring associates.

Cons

Suffers from an identity crisis with its brands and its dealer channel partners.

Challeneg yourselves with the roles the brands have to play in the market and dump brands that don't have a clear role.

Great place for young talent

I worked at Mcfa

Pros

solid opportunity for younger individuals to gain experience

Cons

lack of solid leadership from senior management

n/a

Great place to work!

I worked at Mcfa

Pros

-Great company culture
    -Good work/life balance (management is very sensitive to time with family/outside of work)
    -Great work environment-very social, lots of happy hours, after work outings
    -Smaller company allows personal relationship with upper management
    -Growth opportunity within company

Cons

-Salary is low and compensation potential with advancement is not promising
    -Industry is declining and has resulted in a lot of lay-offs

If you don't pay competitively, you are not going to get the best employees. This is reflected in the talent level of employees.

It's a mirage, it looks good but then ...........

I have been working at Mcfa

Pros

My department I work in is awesome with teamwork and group projects. Our manager is quite the exceptional leader. Compared to other departments we are allowed time off when needed and flexibility with our schedule. Other departments are not so lucky as ours.

Cons

Several managers need to revamp their leadership skills. Start helping instead of stopping and micro-managing employees. Compensation is only given to those on the outside, internals get left with all the crumbs and are made to believe it's the biggest gain in the world.

Senior staff get on the ball and stop worrying about the bottom line. To many employees are tired of the drag around atmosphere. For heaven's sake hire some help already, departments are at their mercy in trying to get things done with little man power. Finally, for once own up to what MCFA preaches take care of the employees don't just write it and preach it in the manual.

Reasonable benefits, limited professional growth

I have been working at Mcfa

Pros

The company offers a competitve benefits package and support for continuing education. Overall, there is a friendly/positive work environment with colleagues that care about the success of the company.

Cons

There is serious lack of consensus in goal setting at all levels. There is also a "circle of trust" at the top level that, perhaps unintentionally, alienates mid-level managers. Unfortunately, the company has limited opportunities for advancement due to its global-region structure.

Managers desire to be held accountable if they are also rightfully compensated for success.