Mcfa

Be The First To
Add Photos

Shigeru Tanemura

Great People, Solid Manufacturer, Industry in Trouble

Technical Support (Former Employee)

I worked at Mcfa full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSalaries are competitive and they have attracted an excellent team at all levels of the company. Their support of the local charities and the Houston Rodeo continue to prove their investment in the Houston community.

ConsIndustry is shrinking and it is not clear if MCF will be able to migrate business successfully into the electric market. The global MCF companies vision do not always match MCFA's vision making it more difficult to get things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo dealers and customers still know you as a company who is easy to do business with?

Good company with a good product a distribution channels but somewhat stagnant work environment.

Dealer Finance (Former Employee)

I worked at Mcfa full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat products, great distribution network, and great parent company support helps to keep this company viable and relatively strong over medium term.

ConsNot much outside of the box thinking, mature product that requires more supply chain innovation and value added. Low priced competition makes maintenance of margins difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementApproach to market channels and regions should be diversified and broadened. Offer lower-end, more affordable models, address inexpensive Chinese brands or differentiate more from them.

Good experience building stop on a career path.

Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Mcfa full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStable company with reasonable job security.

ConsLow salaries, so-so benefits, revolving door CEO position with parent company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to promote for merit not just because a position opened from someone leaving. Get healthcare costs under control.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid

I have been working at Mcfa

ProsGreat people culture with many talented and caring associates.

ConsSuffers from an identity crisis with its brands and its dealer channel partners.

Advice to Senior ManagementChalleneg yourselves with the roles the brands have to play in the market and dump brands that don't have a clear role.

Great place for young talent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Mcfa

Prossolid opportunity for younger individuals to gain experience

Conslack of solid leadership from senior management

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Mcfa

Pros-Great company culture
-Good work/life balance (management is very sensitive to time with family/outside of work)
-Great work environment-very social, lots of happy hours, after work outings
-Smaller company allows personal relationship with upper management
-Growth opportunity within company

Cons-Salary is low and compensation potential with advancement is not promising
-Industry is declining and has resulted in a lot of lay-offs

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't pay competitively, you are not going to get the best employees. This is reflected in the talent level of employees.

It's a mirage, it looks good but then ...........

I have been working at Mcfa

ProsMy department I work in is awesome with teamwork and group projects. Our manager is quite the exceptional leader. Compared to other departments we are allowed time off when needed and flexibility with our schedule. Other departments are not so lucky as ours.

ConsSeveral managers need to revamp their leadership skills. Start helping instead of stopping and micro-managing employees. Compensation is only given to those on the outside, internals get left with all the crumbs and are made to believe it's the biggest gain in the world.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior staff get on the ball and stop worrying about the bottom line. To many employees are tired of the drag around atmosphere. For heaven's sake hire some help already, departments are at their mercy in trying to get things done with little man power. Finally, for once own up to what MCFA preaches take care of the employees don't just write it and preach it in the manual.

Reasonable benefits, limited professional growth

I have been working at Mcfa

ProsThe company offers a competitve benefits package and support for continuing education. Overall, there is a friendly/positive work environment with colleagues that care about the success of the company.

ConsThere is serious lack of consensus in goal setting at all levels. There is also a "circle of trust" at the top level that, perhaps unintentionally, alienates mid-level managers. Unfortunately, the company has limited opportunities for advancement due to its global-region structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers desire to be held accountable if they are also rightfully compensated for success.

Joint venture operates like a satellite branch

I have been working at Mcfa

ProsMost employees and managers are nice people and understanding.

Somewhat safe place to work. A lot of life-timers used to work in the company and most managers have significant years of experience.

ConsNot very innovative and very risk averse.

No mentor program. If you are a new employee, it will take quite some time to understand the business. Almost no career guidance. You will get performance reviews two times a year if you are lucky and it mostly consists of filling out forms. You won't be able to figure out a path easily, since promotions are not based on clear known paths.

Almost no business intelligence. Essential company data is kept in prehistoric business system. IT department does a poor job of maintaining data and manufacturing accurate. Most reports are useless in their raw form and not consistent.

Salaries are not competitive.

People shuffle around too much without any logical consistency. Sporadic management decisions are common. Company strategy changes every six months.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better program for new hires in order develop them a valuable employees of future. Set up a mentor program in order recognize their talents rather than betting on time. Pay better to retain.

Average Company with Average Results

I have been working at Mcfa

ProsPeople generaly seem to care about each other. Most Management is very knowledgeable and moved into senior management based on knowledge

ConsVery flat organization - not many opportunity for advancement. Salaries are average -- although management believes they are paying a "competitive" salaries. Benefits are also just average -- nothing special.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeverage the knowledge of all levels of your employees not just other Senior Management

Worked for Mcfa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mcfa reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mcfa CEO Shigeru Tanemura. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Mcfa employees.