Me-Ality

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tanya Shaw

Fun, while it lasted.

Station Manager (Former Employee)
    Modesto, CA

ProsYou are not charging your customers a thing! It is a revolutionary new way to shop and it is free to all your customers.

ConsThe technology does not always work and there is no job security. They laid me and my whole team and 10 other stores off with no notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake responsibility for your employees instead of going through a 3rd party.

FRUSTRATING. Not set up to succeed.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was not so bad.

ConsUnrealistic expectations. No company support to help grow their business.

Closed stations with hour notice. :-(

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay was not to bad. But that is it.

ConsEverything. Called an hour before work and said station is closed. Over 75 stations closed and hundreds of people out of work. Then a week later had segment on GMA in Bloomingdale's about how great they are.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot cool how they ruin people's lives by lying to them. Making you think you will retire with this company only to be let go.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Specialist

Size Matching Specialist (Current Employee)
    Modesto, CA

ProsThe job was very easy all you had to do was talk to every person that walked past you.

ConsAfter leading in sales throughout the whole company for more than six months I still had no chance to move up or get a raise at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a product that people have to have.

Horrible group that does not know what they are doing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a small company so you know everyone

Consthe developers and upper management were all college friends and none of them have any real experience in the retail setting.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to those of us who know what we are talking about and do not hang on to your silly pride. We brought solid ideas and plans to the table that were backed up by numbers and facts and they were shot down by a woman who's only qualification was she was a corporate life coach to small business. Her partner in crime ran an arm of a Canadian weightloss and pill scheme that drew much criticism from the press for not being 100% legit. Between the two of these they flushed the entire model down the toilet and kept paying themselves.

Me-Ality takes care of it's employees.

Size Matching Specialist (Current Employee)
    New Brunswick, NJ

ProsMe-Ality has excellent base pay and flexible hours. They are very understanding if you need to change a shift for an emergency.

ConsYou have to spend a lot of time on your feet. For me this isn't really a problem but it is for some others. The time goes by very quickly since you are constantly talking to passer-byers.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish we had more opportunity to meet other employees that aren't at our stations.

Confused company

Area Manager (Former Employee)

ProsNo real pressure and people breathing down your neck

ConsThey do not have experience in retail, therefore, they don't understand what it takes

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN to your employees who have retail experience, they know what they are talking about.

Size specialist

Size Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsThe pay is the best part

ConsEverything. A huge turnover rate, poor management! I do not feel this company will be around much longer.

Degrading Management, Stressful Environment

Station Manager (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsPay is good and benefits are given. There are some opportunities for bonus and contests for prizes throughout the year. Engaging with new customers and helping clients find their perfect fit is fun!

ConsEmployees are undervalued and degraded by management. There is no room for growth and no opportunity for advancement. Management is unapproachable and sees employees as numbers. High turnover keeps morale low as well as the stressful environment to meet unrealistic goals. Management will throw any employee under the bus and defame your character to keep their position! Area Manager offers low employee engagement and degrading management style.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a more positive work environment, set realistic goals, and hire proactive and engaging Area Mangers for support.

Interesting concept - too bad management is scattered

Product Specialist (Former Employee)
    Halifax, NS (Canada)

ProsOriginal concept using 2nd generation scanning technology. Web-based business with free membership access in return for company to collect and sell body measurements to apparel & sizing industries. In exchange for best-fit-jeans/clothing recommendations, company sells measurement information to 3rd parties.

ConsDisorganized management. Trying to attract and diversify too much. Too hungry to get seed many and therefore selecting business partners on short term funding promise vs. understanding long term impact and delivery of services and product. Fear-based management style of "do as I say or else" vs. how can we best achieve this.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave leaders that can promote trust, ideation and collaboration.

Worked for Me-Ality? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Me-Ality reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Me-Ality CEO Tanya Shaw. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Me-Ality employees.