Mead Johnson

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mead Johnson CEO Peter Kasper Jakobsen

Peter Kasper Jakobsen

Pros
  • Good work/life balance and you do not need to hunt doctor's down for signatures (in 5 reviews)

• Great colleagues; satisfaction of knowing we are helping babies get the best start in life (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Limited career advancement opportunity for people with a vision; department manager does not have vision or will to develop people (in 2 reviews)

• Needed to relocate for sustained career path (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Great work environment

ProsExceptional Team. High Standards with stretch objectives, but definitely not impossible. Company values individual work/life balance. Most team members with whom I have worked are truly genuine individuals and care about people as people, not simply someone to perform a task.

ConsCompany is challenged by it's recent transition from a pharma company to a nutrition company. Management change toward CPG strategy is challenged by limited consumption in a niche market. Employee career growth will require HQ positions in Chicago.

Does not pay as well as Pharmaceutical Sales

Senior Territory Business Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood work/life balance and you do not need to hunt doctor's down for signatures

ConsPromotions are difficult and the pay is not up to industry standards

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions and incentive package need to be brought up to industry standards. After many years I feel as if my career has stalled and my pay has increased slightylty

Analyst

ProsVery interesting work. Excellent training.

ConsCan be repetitive at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees, don't make decisions for them without listening what they want.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved the Mission!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Evansville, IN

ProsYou get to help infants get their best nutritional start in life! Makes coming in to work every day worthwhile. Fitness center onsite, nice offices for most management level staff and a great cafeteria. Most people were great - friendly, hard-working, etc.

ConsExecutive management started looking out only for themselves immediately prior to and after the IPO. Decisions seemed to be made that would earn them the most bonus. Started letting 'older', more experienced (higher salaries) employees go and blackmailed you into not filing suit by threatening to take away your hard-earned severance.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the days when the mission was what really mattered. You still made a lot of money, helped a lot of babies (and parents) and your employees were happy and willing to do anything for the company. It's all about the executive team and the BOD making their millions now.

Great Company!

Assistant (Current Employee) Evansville, IN

ProsFlexible work schedules for work-life balance, great salary and incentives, wholesome environment. Diverse, despite Evansville being a less-than-diverse midwestern city.

ConsWould like to see more training opportunities.

Good experiences; limited career advancement opportunity.

Quality Manager (Former Employee) Evansville, IN

ProsMead Johnson Nutrition (MJN) is a company that produce "Premium Food (Infant Formula)". Solid products and good quality systems. Some Sr. Management (e.g. R&D, Medical Services) have great vision and leadership; please see "cons" section for more information.

ConsLimited career advancement opportunity for people with a vision; department manager does not have vision or will to develop people. Serious talent gap may be coming due to very high turn over rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalent retention in Quality Department is important for MJN's continuous success in the Infant formula industry. Clear career path needs to be defined when hire people (with good experience) from outside the company. Otherwise, new people may come to work for the company because of the MJN reputation and compensation (slightly above average), they may choose to leave just as quickly unless due to non-job related factors (family, work status/no green card, ...etc.)

Well-run company in a competitively tough U.S. market

Financial Management (Current Employee) Evansville, IN

ProsExcellent management, quality of fellow employees, compensation, growing international business with excellent margins.

ConsThe U.S. business is really tough. Strong competition and no game-changing technology make sales and profit growth difficult. It remains to be seen if the medical sales demand generation model is viable in the long-term. The future may belong only to P&G type marketing and retail sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

EXCELLENT company to begin, develop and maintain your career at.

ProsThey take considerable care of their employees. This company truly values a healthy work/life balance, offers optimum exposure to superior business acumen, compensates competitively, offers extensive benefits, and retirement plans.

ConsOutside of sales positions, most corporate roles require living in Evansville, IN or Chicago, IL.

Mead Johnson Review

ProsStable family oriented company with good benefits

Consmy position was only temporary

Terrible morale, management at all levels are totally uncountable.

IT Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Evansville, IN

ProsReasonable pay and good peers to work with,

ConsAs part of annual evaluations, employees are forced to review themselves and peers. This is a classic indicator of management not paying attention to their subordinates. It's management's job! EHS has informed HR of increased visits of employees and contractors to nurses office complaining stress symptoms.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend a few minutes every day in real work situations and communicate with the people who prop you up.

Worked for Mead Johnson? Contribute to the Community!