Meadow Ridge

Be The First To
Add Photos

Food And Beverage

F & B Server (Former Employee) Redding, CT

ProsWhen I worked there, they offered meals and it was the best starting wage rate in the area. Christmas bonuses. As a teenager working a part time job, the hours are flexible.
    You learn some things about fine dining and humility from being a server.

Consyou weren't allowed to get tips
    Limited training time
    Raises were possible, but highly subjective and you need to fight for every cent.

Advice to Senior ManagementDedicate more time to training and give incentives for great service.

They do not follow regulations put forth by DPH and nurse practice act.

Nurse (Former Employee) Redding, CT

ProsThe residents are wonderful, need care and appreciate the care given. The EMT's who work there and assist the nurses during emergencies are excellent.

ConsThey do not treat nurses well. They do not accept appropriate residents. All they are concerned about is money. They do not hire nurses who have appropriate experience. They hire nurses with no experience and expect them to be responsible for 350 residents and do not have the knowledge of what to do in emergencies. They have LPN's doing assessments with no registered nurse supervision which is a clear violation of their license and a violation of the DPH who oversees the facility.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of administration and start over. The owner needs to get a handle on what is going on.

Staff is the friendliest I've worked with!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDaily interaction with charming community of vibrant, engaged, and lively seniors ready to embrace their retirement years.
    Beautiful facility.

ConsManagement lacks an overall plan and reacts to situations without thinking through long- (and short-) term consequences. Some management very condescending toward residents behind their backs. HIPAA is not conscientiously enforced. HR is non-existant. No possibility of overtime - strictly enforced. Management routinely dismisses resident's concerns and comments.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff - they are intelligent and interact with residents every day and are one of the best ways to gauge resident satisfaction. Listen to your residents and treat them with respect.

Worked for Meadow Ridge? Contribute to the Community!