Meadowbrook Insurance

Be The First To
Add Photos

Meadowbrook Insurance President, CEO, and Director Robert S. Cubbin

Robert S. Cubbin

Great Managers that do not Micromanage. Good hiring and training processes.

(Current Employee)
    Southfield, MI

ProsNice work week. Treated with respect. Tuition reimbursement. Not micromanaged. Satisfactory benefits package.

ConsCompany Needs to offer more PTO. Get with technology and work/life balance. For example, invest in either buying or leasing laptops for all employees as their PC at work, so they can take them home, and work from home from time to time.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with an improved PTO package to retain and keep good top-performing employees and keep them happy. I came from a public company that is about the same size and I had 3 weeks PTO to start with first year, at 2 year anniversary 4 weeks, at 5 year anniversary 5 weeks, and at 7 year anniversary 6 weeks!!! (the max) They offered great paid time off, and Meadowbrook should too. It really retains and keeps top performing employees.....That made it VERY difficult to leave, but I decided to because the Managers were unnecessarily micro managey, they were laying off groups on a yearly basis, including executives, and the work environment became just too difficult to tolerate after years of employment!
    I think Meadowbrook should offer retirement incentives and/or arrange special jobs/schedules to those that are above retirement age. There are some people pushing 70-80 years old that just can't perform their job and it makes things difficult for everyone around them.

The Tortoise

ProsTend to keep employees regardless of performance.

ConsTend to keep employees regardless of performance. Current business climate, very conservative management, slow moving, overly political.

Positive Place To Be

Southfield, MI

ProsDedicated to employees, clients and business model. Flexible and proactive. Open to new ideas and able to make big decisions quickly when needed.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue being accessible.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

Risk Advisor (Former Employee)
    Overland Park, KS

ProsGreat people to work with as everyone was very friendly, Compensation was pretty good, and other job opportunities with-in the company.

ConsTo much change in a 6 month period in the territories we called in, high turn over at least one employee in sales is let go a year, and micro-management takes place here bring some stress to the environment.

Not Impressed with Company and Values

Detroit, MI

ProsThere are no pros for this company.

ConsVery unprofessional and their interview process is not up to code. The HR department on the Agency side is horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on your management skills, and HR work on your hiring and recruiting skills!

Great Culture

Southfield, MI

ProsMeadowbrook works to keep their employees developed and engaged. They have a good benefits package and pay competitively.

ConsThere are none that I know of currently.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Meadowbrook Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Meadowbrook Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Meadowbrook Insurance CEO Robert S. Cubbin. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Meadowbrook Insurance employees.