Measured Progress
www.measuredprogress.org Dover, NH 150 to 499 Employees

Measured Progress Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014
Measured Progress – Dover – “High View of Campus”

Martin Borg

a sincearer co

Shipping Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Measured Progress full-time for more than 8 years

Prosthe benefits are amazing. However the pay is average

Consin the distrabution dept. they do not adhere to the companies
 phylosafy of inclusion management

Advice to Senior ManagementMP needs to get Distibutions practicing the phylosafy that the company in braces
 and invest a great deal of money into

A very positive and personally rewarding experience!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Measured Progress as a contractor

ProsThe ability to contribute in a significant manner to the education of the coming generations in America.

ConsPersonalities can sometimes overshadow the work that needs to be done - but even then, management seems to help resolve differences.

Advice to Senior ManagementAgile software development is just another "snake oil" approach. It is good for some limited applications but it really is not for your company. You would do so much better if you stuck with standard and accepted engineering practices and would achieve so much more.

It's all about students!

Administrative (Former Employee)

I worked at Measured Progress full-time for more than 8 years

ProsAll work is toward bettering student learning, And in the process of implementing the Common Core Standards into the testing of students, the Company is growing. The Company provides good benefits, sponsors community events and special events for the employees.

ConsThere is poor leadership at some levels. Some managers don't listen to their employees; they keep piling on work, and don't have time to help/guide for work improvement.

The Company is continually in the state of restructuring.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees. Get both sides of the story when approving termination.

Administrative Assistants don't have any advancement opportunities, Administrative Assistant II. Administrative Assistant III, or Senior Administrative Assistant. This is a negative factor on this level.

While talking to recruiters and other community professionals, the feedback about the Company is not good - Measured Progress is known for low pay, and employees are not treated well.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Measured Progress wants and does all they can so that you can work

Scoring Specialist (Current Employee)
Longmont, CO

I have been working at Measured Progress for more than 5 years

Prosthere are many opportunities to score. If you don't qualify for one project question there are usually many other questions that you can qualify for. They want you to be able to work

ConsI live in Aurora and the commute is long, especially if you don't have a carpool

Easy Money

Assessment Evaluator (Former Employee)
Menands, NY

I worked at Measured Progress as a contractor for less than a year

ProsEasy money if you are out a job at the moment or if you need to do something to make cash on the side. Flexible schedule - you sign up for projects you have time for. People there are generally nice.

ConsNot really something you could build your resume with. If you don't pass qualifiers you can't work. Depressing to be in a room filled with a lot of young people who have degrees but cannot find full time work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get to know some of the younger scorers and be references for them - some incentive to work harder maybe.

Nice location and offices. People work hard but have a glassed over look.

I have been working at Measured Progress

ProsSmart, capable people to work with. Great location, nice offices.

ConsFeels like something is missing. Too much work, no time to reflect and share ideas and explore. As soon as one project is done, the next one is already due.

Advice to Senior ManagementMust add fun to the equation.

Measured Progress

Quality Assurance Coordinator (QAC) (Former Employee)
Louisville, KY

I worked at Measured Progress as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsUpward mobility available for the taking.

ConsCommunication disconnect between Dover & job sites sometimes limited.

Confused company with dubious future

Program Manager (Current Employee)
Dover, NH

I have been working at Measured Progress full-time for less than a year

ProsDecent starting salaries and benefits

ConsCompany lacks vision and managerial accountability.

Getting worse by the day

I have been working at Measured Progress

ProsLocation is great; nice campus. Many nice, decent, hardworking coworkers who support each other. Good amount of paid time off (unfortunately people in some positions are so overworked that they don't get to take full advantage of it) and pretty good benefits.

ConsSenior management seems reluctant to admit the huge mistakes made in technology development. There is a head in the sand mentality. Anyone who has differing opinions or who brings up issues that need to be addressed is marginalized or worse. Absolutely no professional development plan; if you don't fight for your own professional development you won't get any and even then you need to jump through hoops. Morale is currently the lowest I have seen of anywhere I have worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake action before the ship goes down. Listen to your employees; they really are trying to help. Employees are on the front lines dealing with the day to day problems. Their input can help you but many fear speaking up because we've seen what can happen to our coworkers who do.

Former Employee of the Office of Internet Technology

General Badass With A Laziness Problem (Former Employee)

I worked at Measured Progress full-time

ProsAmazing people. I met some of the most real and genuine people when I worked at MP. I truly believed that MP was on the precipice of becoming a thought leader in the entire Ed Tech sector. I will always remember the people and lessons taught at Measured Progress. Everyone in O.I.T. meant well and tried from their own perspectives.

ConsBuckle in...

Lousy facilities and office space. Little to no "perks" and what they did offer was banal at best. Lousy pay. The entire building at Watson is haunted by the specter of SUCCESS. They allow talented and smart people to languish in mediocrity and slack like crazy. A culture of "Good enough for government work". A culture of intimidation and shaming throughout the entire company. A fear of applying 21st century technology because it's "UNPROVEN". Too many people in leadership positions with a hero complex. Lousy culture within which to foster REAL innovation. Not enough technical leadership. A fear of empowered and strong women. Misogyny. Small town mentality that leads to a fear of ANYTHING outside of the walls of Watson. Too many cast offs from other orgs in the area in leadership positions. CANCEROUS C LEVEL LEADERSHIP. I cannot stress this enough, you have board members that are rotten to the core and C level exes collecting checks for making random walkthroughs and little else. I could go on, but I'm afraid God himself may strike me down for bludgeoning the weak.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being mediocre. Stop making D level crap in OIT. Get people who care in the correct leadership positions. Stop maintaining a woefully pathetic status quo. MP can lead projects that are revolutionary in Ed Tech. Stop thinking in such a small and supplicated box.

Worked for Measured Progress? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Measured Progress reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Measured Progress CEO Martin Borg. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Measured Progress employees.