Measurement Incorporated

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dr. Henry H. Scherich

Measurement Incorporated is what it claims to be.

Reader Evaluator (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsExcellent opportunity for retirees, those who only want to work part-time, or for those who need to work while they are searching for a permanent position. The staff is friendly and the work environment is pleasurable. Skipping one project doesn't disqualify you from working on future projects.

ConsIt's only project work, so there are significant gaps in available work which is discouraging even to those who desire only part time work.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on acquiring additional projects to keep employees engaged and get the online scoring from home implemented across the board.

Mundane due to the nature of the scoring levels

ProsNice people to work with...

ConsThe dragging on extremely repetitive nature of scoring

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop some videos that will break down the expectations for scoring

Experience at Measurement (Downtown Durham)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat hours. Relaxed work atmosphere.

ConsNot much room for advancement. Mostly seasonal employment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Part Time Job

Reader Evaluator (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat extra money. The co-workers and management are very good people and it allows work-life balance.

ConsIt is on a contract basis instead of being year round.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow people to go year round.

Working for Measurement was a great opportunity to learn something different.

Reader Evaluator (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsIt is a contractual position with day and evening shifts. You can tailor it around your schedule. It also has some telecommuting opportunities as well.

ConsIt is seasonal only and it is only for a few months out of the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould like to see some other subjects such as Math added to the Charlotte scoring program.

Great Summer Job

Tutor (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsPay was excellent, especially for the amount of work that was expected.

ConsIt was only offered during the summer, I would have loved to done after-school work as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe training was excellent and I felt comfortable talking to the project manager.

Pushing Towards Cutting Edge Tech Trends with a Great Atmosphere

Programmer (Current Employee) Durham, NC

ProsThe environment at MI is really great with friendly people, great bosses, and company culture that cares about their employees. They are pushing towards integrating new technology in the systems. It is sometimes challenging because we are pushing new technology that doesn't have much documentation on it yet, but that is what brings the teams closer together. We come together to figure out the issue and resolve it. Everyone is very open with the sharing of knowledge, which helps to keep from bogging work down on one individual and moves projects along quicker.

ConsThere are still some outlying legacy project that are using old technology along with some archaic tech systems, which should be upgraded. There are also some issue with lack of information on projects. It is sometimes difficult to try to resolve the questions, needed to finish the data structure of a project.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a sheet or some kind of form that allows project managers to help get a more concise picture of how the database should be structured for the programmers.

Shaky Future

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Durham, NC

ProsMI has a very low pressure environment. Project deadlines are very reasonable. The dress code is totally casual and flexible working hours. In short, you won't be overworking yourself.

ConsContracts that represent more than 50% of the company revenue are in their final year. This year management announced that there would be no raises and no cost of living increase, due to the uncertainty about the future contracts. Salaries are on the low-end to begin with and this only makes it worse. Several long-term employees were let go recently. Senior management doesn't provide any details on the state of the company. Management likes to talk about how the employees are the company, but they don't share many details on the state of the business with us.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't keep your employees in the dark. We are adults with families and responsibilities.

Read and scored end-of-grade tests for schools

Reader (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsMeasurement allows you an opportunity to know how well teachers are doing facilitating information to students.

ConsYou read and score only, which can be cumbersome and not fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease find a way to do group scoring, which will allow for communication between peers.

Hidden Gem of a Company

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Durham, NC

Pros100% paid health benefits, profit sharing, holiday bonus, stable employment, flexible hours.

ConsBelow average salary and some employees who have been there forever are now just taking up cube space.I can't think of any other cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more for quality employees and dump the dead weight

Worked for Measurement Incorporated? Contribute to the Community!