Med-Care Diabetic & Medical Supplies

Steven Silverman

1. Sky is the Limit

Former Employee - Director of Licensing in Delray Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Director of Licensing in Delray Beach, FL

I worked at Med-Care Diabetic & Medical Supplies (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong Leadership Clear goals for future growth Competent in placing talent where it has the best chance to thrive

Cons

Can be disorganized At times poor cross-departmental communication

Advice to Management

Better communication from top to bottom on all companywide goals and directives.

2. Med-Care

I worked at Med-Care Diabetic & Medical Supplies

Pros

If you are/become friends with the owners or their kids then you're golden!!!

Cons

This company does not value their hard working employees. They give ZERO incentive to those who actually put in the work. Unless you're friends with the owners and his kids you have ZERO chance of ever getting promoted.

Advice to Management

Take time to observe those who work hard and give them incentives to continue doing so. A 'pat in the back' will go a long way.

3. Great Opportunity

I have been working at Med-Care Diabetic & Medical Supplies full-time

Pros

Great management, they really care and look out for you. Great pay, paid benefits.

Cons

Uneducated, classless, rude, and uncouth co workers. Blame thrown at others.

Advice to Management

Utilize industry consultants

5. Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Med-Care Diabetic & Medical Supplies

Pros

Initiallycompany offers good job potential for growth great benefits to start good working environment friendly management

Cons

Unless you are friends with the spoiled brat kids of the owners who basically run the company your golden otherwise you were lied to and given false promises for growth and earning potential

Advice to Management

Learn the people that add ntegrity and growth to your companies sales instead of rewarding those that are your friends and really are incompetent at what they do

6. A joke... in every way

I have been working at Med-Care Diabetic & Medical Supplies full-time

Pros

If you read the reviews and see "hands off approach" in the reviews, thats true. Management has no control over the company so many people work really hard and other dont, and no one really cares.

Cons

They got FBI raided and didnt even bother apologizing to the employees for how horrible that whole experience was, whatever you are hired for isnt the position you will work, they pay their family and friends SOOOO much money to do nothing, the IT department has complete control of the company and the owners couldnt get the control back if they tried, they promote really dumb people because they like them, and each department does whatever they want however they want- there isnt control over workload, positions, or departments. its a huge joke. 95% of people do nothing.

7. shipping

Current Employee - Shipping in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Shipping in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Med-Care Diabetic & Medical Supplies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i like work is easy and confortable

Cons

good company i like work here

Advice to Management

easy and fast

8. Good place to work for the right person

Former Employee - Patient Advocate in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Med-Care Diabetic & Medical Supplies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Family Oriented, everyone knows everyone -Easily hired if you are able to get an interview -Courteous, Flexible upper level Managers -Opportunity for overtime pay

Cons

-Petty office politics, will only advance if you build strong relationships with "the family" -Under-qualified lower management -Will fire very easily and without warning, including long time employees. Never stop looking over your shoulder

Advice to Management

There are some very good people at Med-Care. Believe in them, invest in them, and give them the opportunity to grow your business. If you treat your employees like cogs in the wheel, your customers will not consistently receive anything better than mediocre service.

9. I worked very hard for my education and I didn't feel as if I was utilizing my undergraduate and master's degree properl

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Med-Care Diabetic & Medical Supplies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees were able to make their own hours and the the work environment was relatively laid back. Also, I lived only 2 miles from my office which was a nice advantage.

Cons

.I didn't feel like I was utilizing my hard earned education and the salary wasn't enough to pay the bills and pay the rent.

Advice to Management

I feel that they need to implement a better training program, as well as give promotions to those that deserve it and have earned it.

10. Med-Care Diabetic

I worked at Med-Care Diabetic & Medical Supplies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place for college students with flexible schedules. Good starting pay.

Cons

Seasonal with no room for advancement

11. Things have changed

Current Employee - Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

Management is very non committal, easy going. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Promises, promises. Medcare recently changed their entire compensation package and added a non functioning computer shipping program. It's a nightmare. Long time employees have taken a 50pct pay cut, new employees are earning the base pay plus minimum commission. This company was 5 stars in the recent past as a work place. Right now it's a 2 and will remain there if they don't get their business model working. I hope they get it back.

Advice to Management

Quit promising, give some help to bonused employees and get your shipping department fixed. More transparency about what ships.

RSS Feed </> Embed