MedAmerica, Inc.

MedAmerica, Inc. Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Harrington

Growing company with plenty of opportunity

I worked at MedAmerica, Inc.

ProsGreat networking environment. In just a few months, I knew almost all employees on a first-name basis. Many friendships were formed during my time there. Collegiate environment. Very friendly and open-door culture at MedAmerica. Lots of opportunity to get involved in projects across the organization.

ConsFlat organizational structure makes it difficult to move up or get promoted. HR does not hand out title changes very frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to cultivate top talent with various projects and promotions to keep them happy so they stay with the company.

Good place for experience if you need it

I worked at MedAmerica, Inc.

ProsExcellent work culture. Activities going on every month

ConsNo room for growth. High turnover rate.

Disappointing

Pros401(k) is great
Generous time off
Flexible
Some of the managers did respect and appreciate their employees.

ConsNo room for advancement for most people.
Some of the managers micro manage.
Some of the co-workers are rude & won't even bother to learn your name even after you work there for years but will complain about every little thing you do.
Some people in the office take lunches brought by others that do not belong to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementSend your managers to leadership classes of some sort to teach them to effectively communicate and work with their employees rather than stand over them constantly.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at MedAmerica was a disappointment - there was so much promise that just didn't come through.

I worked at MedAmerica, Inc.

ProsThe benefits were pretty good - the health care and 401k programs were great.

ConsThe management team at MedAmerica was very weak. The few who wanted to be supportive and invest in my professional growth were not able to do so (lack of resources), and the others just didn't know how or even care. There is little room for advancement within the organization, and fewer opportunities for professional growth. Also, pressures from clients are not handled well, often leaving employees in difficult situations without any support from above.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour managers need training - most have little/no resources necessary to help their teams accomplish their goals (including leadership skills!). Also they need the support of the executive team - it is impossible to accomplish anything, and especially to make improvements to processes, if they are constantly being bullied by the clients.

Great people to work with (depends on dept), generous benefits & time off.

Emeryville, CA

I have been working at MedAmerica, Inc.

ProsCompany is very generous with benefits and time off. Employee with 0-3 years of service will get 3 weeks of PTO plus sick time. 401(k) match is yours once it's deposited (no vested schedule).

The company invests in social events and company program to make sure you understand the company model. Implemented a "buddy program" for new hires to get well acquainted with the company.

ConsNot very much room for growth for most departments. Work load increases at a moments notice when new contracts are acquired.

Worked for MedAmerica, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedAmerica, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MedAmerica, Inc. CEO Michael Harrington. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by MedAmerica, Inc. employees.