MedAssets

MedAssets Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

MedAssets Chairman, President, and CEO John A. Bardis

John A. Bardis

Pros
  • Work/life balance is better than most (even though the company offers bargain benefits)(in 15 reviews)

• Flexible work schedules, laid-back environment, have the opportunity to participate in many charitable opportunities(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Honesty, hard work, and trust in upper-management will not get you far here(in 13 reviews)

• Senior management in technology is not ethical and play lot politics(in 8 reviews)

Great company to work for....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat leadership, team environment, competitive pay and benefits...overall, I would highly recommend MedAssets to anyone

ConsI think the workload is demanding, but I was fairly compensated for my time and effort. No complaints from me.

Great people, poor leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company's heart is in the right place, saving hospitals money and promoting health and wellness.

ConsDecision making at the top is disjointed and dysfunctional. Leadership's lack of willingness to address their disagreements directly trickles down to staff, causing stress, heavy workload, and frustration.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeak openly with one another. Address the tough stuff. Agree upon a single set of goals. Make the adjustments that are needed. Move forward in unison.

Great Company!

Corporate Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsMedAssets is a great company for numerous reasons. The compensation for my role was fair, the overall company culture (in the Plano office) and team environment is incredible! This location definitely is of the mentality of "work hard/play hard." You get to work in a beautiful building with tons of windows and great lighting. There's a cool put-put golf course you can play on to clear your mind or take a spin class in the gym on the first floor. The cafe has awesome breakfast and lunch and as you walk down the halls, you can see huge portraits of fallen servicemen and read about their stories - very patriotic and humbling. Just an incredible place to work! I'm new, but I can already tell this is definitely a company I want to stay and grow with for years and even decades to come!

ConsHonestly, I don't have any cons to speak of. I had quite a few contacts already working with the company before I started and they all had nothing but positive things to say, and now that I'm on board - I feel the same way!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive Work Environment

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Saddle River, NJ

ProsGreat people to work with, Good Staff & Salary

ConsWorking Hours should be flexible, Career growth is limited

Good company overall

Data Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsLaid back work environment. MedAssets is positioned well for growth in the HealthCare technology and consulting space. They have started to invest more in technology which should help the implementation process and quality of products delivered.

ConsIn the group that I work, we are still trying to define, document and optimize our processes which can be difficult given the current work load. Alot of knowledge is siloed and cross training on products is something we definitely need.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire an outside consulting company to help with process optimization.

Negotiator

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsFlexible work schedules, laid-back environment, have the opportunity to participate in many charitable opportunities...the company likes to give back. Work out facilities on site, fun work functions

ConsBenefits, practically no training, high employee turnover, constant change of processes....hard to keep up, new VP or director every month. No motivation by VPs for advancement. I have the constant feeling that this is just a temporary job for me, I can't imagine working here for a long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess meetings and get more accomplished, motivate your staff for personal growth, try to keep your employees, re-evaluate your benefits, develop training programs for the employees. I feel like I could be a lot more functional in my job if there was some sort of training program.

Great culture, still growing company, but a few bad apples can sour the experience

Technical (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsThe dept I worked in was flexible when it came to taking time off. I could leave for an appointment as long as I did the expected of advised my team, made my time up, or got approval to take it as PTO. Onsite HR is very verbal about wanting to know what they can do to better your experience at MedAssets. It's a company wide effort. They frequently send out quick surveys, asking for feedback. Great commitment to charities & local involvement. The company really stood out to me when Sandy hit the Northeast & impacted many employees in the area. MedAssets made a point to bring the following & more: a fuel truck so employees could fuel their cars, bottled water, blankets, clothing, food & toiletries. It was a great thing to hear how our leaders pulled together to get supplies to our coworkers.

The CEO enjoys sharing his sense of humor & it doesn't always come across as humorous to everyone, I never had an issue with it. Lots of ways to be involved on-site, brand new facility with state of the art technology, including white noise to help with the noise level in some noisier areas. The company enjoys having wine & beer at functions. I like the fact that they recognize that we're mature adults & can determine how much alcohol we should or shouldn't consume at events. Not all employees embrace this perk. Other perks include: Mother's room, phone rooms, solid wall bathroom stalls, free coffee/tea/cocoa on every floor of each tower, birthday cake each month in recognition of those who were born that month, 24/7 5500 sqft fitness center, classes for Yoga, Pilates, etc held at diff times of the day, game room with Wii, billiards, Foosball, basketball court, 18-hole min-golf, on-site cafeteria (serving tuna, lamb, buffalo, salmon), seated patio areas, sidewalk around perimeter for walking, heart & soul program (you're paid 40 hrs a year to help out at a qualifying charity of your choosing. It's like an extra week of vacation pay.). I very much enjoyed working for the company itself.

ConsWhen there is a change of direction for your dept or team, you need to be sure to get management to spell out how it changes your role. If you cannot keep up with this new change, start looking for another job. Your manager can deem your services to be 'no longer be needed' & no matter how hard you work to satisfy them, you can be fired - with no clear explanation why.

If you have a desire to change depts due to finding more interest in a new one or feel you fit better, do so before any formal steps are taken by management within the current dept. If your manager decides to put you on a PIP (performance improvement plan), which typically lasts 30 days, you cannot change depts until you have successfully completed that PIP. If you're not familiar with a PIP, the PIP isn't for YOU to be a better employee, it's for your manager to get better results from you, as an employee. HR will not back you or be on your side once this happens. So plan accordingly & keep your resume up to date. Because once the decision has been made, you will be quietly whisked out the door. They will ship your belongings to you.

Great place to learn and grow professionally

Consultant (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGreat people, vision, good work/family balance

ConsNot all those in management provide the skills and knowledge needed

Advice to Senior ManagementTake chances on those you would normally pass over for promotions

Fantastic

ProsGreat people from the CEO on down.

ConsLittle concerned with older technology. Company needs to change to keep with changes in healthcare. Trying to make the transition but not happening fast enough.

Advice to Senior Managementembrace change

MedAssets

Account Manager - Client Services (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGreat work environment with great people

ConsLow Pay and very little raises

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter salaries and more opportunities

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!