MedAssets

MedAssets Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

MedAssets Chairman, President, and CEO John A. Bardis

John A. Bardis

Pros:
  • "Work/life balance is better than most (even though the company offers bargain benefits)"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Flexible work schedules, laid-back environment, have the opportunity to participate in many charitable opportunities"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "Honesty, hard work, and trust in upper-management will not get you far here"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Divisional management was not on the same page as senior management"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Social Media Implemented at Work!

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork/life balance is better than most (even though the company offers bargain benefits).

ConsSo, the one theme that runs predominantly through the posts by employees and former employees on this site is CLIQUISH -- the company is filled with cliques. In response to this, HR has come up with the brilliant idea of spending money (that we need for our tools) on a social media platform that will allow people to nominate their friends for monetary awards.

Really, MedAssests? This is the single most ridiculous thing you have done in my almost four years with the company. Who has time to play on a social media site? You're paying us to work, not nominate our buddies for cash awards.

You really screwed the pooch with this one.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees want to be paid a reasonable wage, receive decent benefits and to know that they are treated fairly. Implementing programs like this only exacerbates the problems you have with cliques and favoritism. Stop looking for the sensational fixes and start concentrating on the real reasons your employee satisfaction scores suck.

Watch your back...

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible PTO, relaxed atmosphere. Watching middle management squabble.

ConsSo many snakes in middle management. You only move up by being a yes man, being favored or throwing your coworkers under the bus.
Very little recognition for true performance and work.

Our director citing the woeful employee satisfaction scores stated "I know the scores are anonymous but I have a back door way to find out who these folks are so we can help them."

I don't have to say what that "help" was, do I?

Advice to Senior ManagementForget about your own little power trips and building your micro kingdoms. Look, acknowledge and appreciate the talent within your department.

Decent

Advisory Services (Current Employee)
Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCulture is relaxed and not micro managed

ConsManagement changes too often and the people aren't empowered

Big, Small Company for Atlanta office employees.

Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFor those employees in the Alpharetta office, you're very close to the executives of the company and see them on a daily basis. It makes the company feel much smaller than what it actually is. If you're able to attend any of the MedAssets corporate events, they're great! The company has a VERY strong interest in charities and helping others - which is always comforting.

ConsBenefits are ok - not great. Not a lot of transparency from senior level leadership on major changes affecting the company and/or employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your team members informed of major decisions made by the company to aid them in their job performance.

Ones of the better companies out there

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for less than a year

ProsCharity work, high employee morale, good compensation, awesome coworkers, flexible work schedule, work/life balance, great Plano facility and location.

ConsMedical benefits are horrible, the multiple aquisitions have created a silos, very old hardware.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some money on newer hardware so we can provide more stable environments for our customers.

Great Vision....Issues with Execution

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for less than a year

ProsSenior Management driven culture of this company is very generous and service oriented both to the public and to their customers.

ConsRecent acquisition has created a twisted company as the acquired company senior management do not like nor promote the servant leadership model that ensures success for all. They are only focused on stepping their way to the top on the heads (and growth) of their resources in an authoritarian model.

Advice to Senior ManagementMandatory SLT for all former Broadlane employees to ensure compliance to new (and improved) culture.

It's been a long road but things are looking up.

Account Manager - Client Services (Current Employee)

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat work environment. Love my Co-workers.

ConsBecause of multiple mergers over the last three years, there is much chaos and disconnection between departments. Tons of turnover, losing people with the knowledge needed and very little knowledge transfer. This causes difficulties getting answers for clients and takes three times longer to accomplish a task.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue listening and adjusting as needed. Management is attempting to hear the issues, and I believe it will get better. Right now there is a very high stress level and frustration due to the inability to find the right resource to answer questions for employees and clients.

Executive Director of Client Services

Executive Director of Client Relations (Former Employee)
Yakima, WA

I worked at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat Business Model. well rounded suite of products. Awesome Industry.

Cons1. Management is completely fickle and every they are missing a company goal they do an entire restructure of the company. Nobody feel secure, and nobody asks or cares what line of work you want to be in. What your skill set is and where you are likely to be successful.

2. Company restructures so often they can't provide stable client service to it's clients.

3. Company cares more about Wall-Street then customers or employees. Eventually this shot minded thinking with hurt them on Wall Street as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep down or take some Management classes, spend the money to fix your products and hire people and let them do their job. Don't allow Rand to abuse Customer Service and other people in the company

Mediocre place to work

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat new building in Plano with Gym and table tennis tables
Great vision for reducing the cost of healthcare

ConsSenior management in technology is not ethical and play lot politics
Constant change in technology leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your technology senior leaders and see how much politics they are playing to preserve their positions

Can't find a different job fast enough.

I have been working at MedAssets

ProsThe PTO given is wonderful! Being able to use Heart and Soul to help with non-profit organizations is great, really allows people to be more involved with the community.

ConsI think that if you do not work with customers that you should have the option to work from home. Even if it's not all the time, but due to sick kids, bad weather, or if you are sick you can still work. Because, your work piles up while you are gone because they don't have people trained to do your job, and the supervisor doesn't do it while you are gone. And that's another problem, Management! They hire their friends to be other managers, and they don't have the knowledge to do the job. False promises and back stabbing is their MO! They are rude and micromanage! You can't go to HR because they side with the managers, and never follow up on anything that you want to talk to them about. Pay is awful! But, I'm sure it's just the little guys that suffer. Management is sitting pretty.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally take a look at what is going on...

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedAssets reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MedAssets CEO John A. Bardis. All 188 reviews posted anonymously by MedAssets employees.