MedAssets

MedAssets Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

MedAssets Chairman, President, and CEO John A. Bardis

John A. Bardis

Pros
  • Work/life balance is better than most (even though the company offers bargain benefits)(in 15 reviews)

• Flexible work schedules, laid-back environment, have the opportunity to participate in many charitable opportunities(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Honesty, hard work, and trust in upper-management will not get you far here(in 13 reviews)

• Senior management in technology is not ethical and play lot politics(in 8 reviews)

Stepping stone

ProsRelaxed work environment. Friendly people.

ConsLack of training. Limited career growth opportunities. Underwhelming compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your people.

The role I accepted is not the role I was hired to do

Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsThere are always fun events and fundraisers.

ConsJob I accepted as a professional is not the job I have today, which is soley administrative tasks that fall way below my skill set. I am devalued and have zero opportunity to apply my experience and education. There is limited opportunity to be creative, have a voice and grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate roles for the tasks that need to get done instead of hiring professionals and then devaluing that person's worth by having them do work that is below their skill set.

Social Media Implemented at Work!

ProsWork/life balance is better than most (even though the company offers bargain benefits).

ConsSo, the one theme that runs predominantly through the posts by employees and former employees on this site is CLIQUISH -- the company is filled with cliques. In response to this, HR has come up with the brilliant idea of spending money (that we need for our tools) on a social media platform that will allow people to nominate their friends for monetary awards.

Really, MedAssests? This is the single most ridiculous thing you have done in my almost four years with the company. Who has time to play on a social media site? You're paying us to work, not nominate our buddies for cash awards.

You really screwed the pooch with this one.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees want to be paid a reasonable wage, receive decent benefits and to know that they are treated fairly. Implementing programs like this only exacerbates the problems you have with cliques and favoritism. Stop looking for the sensational fixes and start concentrating on the real reasons your employee satisfaction scores suck.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is a Sales Rat Race All the Way to the Bottom

(Current Employee)

ProsWe work in a really nice and new office space in Plano. I really like my colleagues. The pay and benefits are decent.

ConsMedassets is all about sales, sales, and more sales. Our sales team will sell you bottled air if we paid them a commission. Our last Operational president was even a salesman and we lost 2 years of precious time to improve our infrastructure and products under his leadership. Most of our products and services have been on the decline since Medassets acquired them years ago. Don't just take my word for it, please read all of the Pros from the positive posters. Rarely if never are our "great" products and services ever mentioned as Pros. Its because they arent great nor very good. We will spend almost an entire week partying in Vegas at the expense of investing valuable time and money into fulfilling our product and service commitments to our paying customers. For those of us not making our fortune off of equity, the experience has proven to be an endless and fruitless pursuit of just trying to achieve mediocrity.

Advice to Senior ManagementNice move bringing in sr leadership who actually has sr leadership experience.

Pretty good company

Project Manager (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

Proscasual dress and great peers

Conssalary and benefit plans are not great, no education contribution, not many many opportunities to grow in the organization

Advice to Senior Managementleadership program and employees empowering

Watch your back...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsFlexible PTO, relaxed atmosphere. Watching middle management squabble.

ConsSo many snakes in middle management. You only move up by being a yes man, being favored or throwing your coworkers under the bus.
    Very little recognition for true performance and work.

Our director citing the woeful employee satisfaction scores stated "I know the scores are anonymous but I have a back door way to find out who these folks are so we can help them."

I don't have to say what that "help" was, do I?

Advice to Senior ManagementForget about your own little power trips and building your micro kingdoms. Look, acknowledge and appreciate the talent within your department.

Decent

Advisory Services (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsCulture is relaxed and not micro managed

ConsManagement changes too often and the people aren't empowered

Big, Small Company for Atlanta office employees.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsFor those employees in the Alpharetta office, you're very close to the executives of the company and see them on a daily basis. It makes the company feel much smaller than what it actually is. If you're able to attend any of the MedAssets corporate events, they're great! The company has a VERY strong interest in charities and helping others - which is always comforting.

ConsBenefits are ok - not great. Not a lot of transparency from senior level leadership on major changes affecting the company and/or employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your team members informed of major decisions made by the company to aid them in their job performance.

Ones of the better companies out there

Product Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsCharity work, high employee morale, good compensation, awesome coworkers, flexible work schedule, work/life balance, great Plano facility and location.

ConsMedical benefits are horrible, the multiple aquisitions have created a silos, very old hardware.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some money on newer hardware so we can provide more stable environments for our customers.

Great Vision....Issues with Execution

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsSenior Management driven culture of this company is very generous and service oriented both to the public and to their customers.

ConsRecent acquisition has created a twisted company as the acquired company senior management do not like nor promote the servant leadership model that ensures success for all. They are only focused on stepping their way to the top on the heads (and growth) of their resources in an authoritarian model.

Advice to Senior ManagementMandatory SLT for all former Broadlane employees to ensure compliance to new (and improved) culture.

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!