MedAssets

MedAssets Reviews

Updated Jun 15, 2014

MedAssets Chairman, President, and CEO John A. Bardis

John A. Bardis

Pros:
  • "Work/life balance is better than most (even though the company offers bargain benefits)"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Flexible work schedules, laid-back environment, have the opportunity to participate in many charitable opportunities"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "Honesty, hard work, and trust in upper-management will not get you far here"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Divisional management was not on the same page as senior management"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

It's been a long road but things are looking up.

Account Manager - Client Services (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsGreat work environment. Love my Co-workers.

ConsBecause of multiple mergers over the last three years, there is much chaos and disconnection between departments. Tons of turnover, losing people with the knowledge needed and very little knowledge transfer. This causes difficulties getting answers for clients and takes three times longer to accomplish a task.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue listening and adjusting as needed. Management is attempting to hear the issues, and I believe it will get better. Right now there is a very high stress level and frustration due to the inability to find the right resource to answer questions for employees and clients.

Executive Director of Client Services

Executive Director of Client Relations (Former Employee)
    Yakima, WA

ProsGreat Business Model. well rounded suite of products. Awesome Industry.

Cons1. Management is completely fickle and every they are missing a company goal they do an entire restructure of the company. Nobody feel secure, and nobody asks or cares what line of work you want to be in. What your skill set is and where you are likely to be successful.

2. Company restructures so often they can't provide stable client service to it's clients.

3. Company cares more about Wall-Street then customers or employees. Eventually this shot minded thinking with hurt them on Wall Street as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep down or take some Management classes, spend the money to fix your products and hire people and let them do their job. Don't allow Rand to abuse Customer Service and other people in the company

Can't find a different job fast enough.

ProsThe PTO given is wonderful! Being able to use Heart and Soul to help with non-profit organizations is great, really allows people to be more involved with the community.

ConsI think that if you do not work with customers that you should have the option to work from home. Even if it's not all the time, but due to sick kids, bad weather, or if you are sick you can still work. Because, your work piles up while you are gone because they don't have people trained to do your job, and the supervisor doesn't do it while you are gone. And that's another problem, Management! They hire their friends to be other managers, and they don't have the knowledge to do the job. False promises and back stabbing is their MO! They are rude and micromanage! You can't go to HR because they side with the managers, and never follow up on anything that you want to talk to them about. Pay is awful! But, I'm sure it's just the little guys that suffer. Management is sitting pretty.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally take a look at what is going on...

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dead end job

Account Manager - Client Services (Current Employee)

ProsTravel opportunities, PTO, casual dress

ConsIf you work in one of the remote offices you can forget about upward movement. We have been told that if we want to move up we'd have to move. There is no career ladder for Account Management and promotions are not given based on hard work but on the $$ of your clients -which are chosen for you. Little respect or recognition for the work you do, or a job well done. Management only focuses on what you did wrong. After 5 years of hard work and dedication I barely get "Thank You" from my manager. Compensation is a joke as well as health insurance. For all the work we do we should at the very least be compensated for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your "worker bees" a respectable salaries if you want to keep them. Promote positiveness and promote capable well qualified people.

Poor Management, very low salary compare to other companies

ProsCompany involvement with charity work and building strong relationship with Iocal community

ConsSalaries are very low compare to other companies, no work from home option if weather is bad, too much of micro managements, no proper training or even documentation on any of the technical processes

Advice to Senior ManagementGet proper training on how to be true leader not micro manager

MedAssets is a good place to work.

Product Manager (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsMedAssets has a strong culture dedicated to community support. They go out of their way to support a number of charities and strongly encourage all their employees to dedicate time to charitable organizations.

ConsThere needs to be more synergy between the company segments.

Negotiator

Negotiator (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsPleasant work environment, nice co-workers

ConsNo written job processes for some jobs. Training is almost non existent. Ask 5 people about how do perform a particular job step you will get 5 different answers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet consistent processes across the company. There are so many ways to do the same process and no-one seems to have the correct, official way of doing things.

Look elsewhere. I had to give this place 1 star because you can't rate it 0.

Plano, TX

ProsBusiness casual dress code, work from home depending on job role

ConsWhere shall I start. HORRIBLE medical insurance. I guess they consider this is still a benefit/favor to you versus dropping it entirely. Horrible favoritism - it's a cliquish, high-school popularity contest they have going at this place, and if you are a "chosen one" you will wear teflon against any poor performance or other deficiencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your benefits to stay competitive. Launch a true HR performance management program to at least TRY to address the clique problem. Above all, quit changing senior leadership and stick with a plan more than 2 months before going through with yet another of what seems like 700 "re-alignments".

A lot of heart, not enough heads!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Alpharetta, GA

ProsGreat community outreach. It's a company that believes in giving back.

Also, working there gives you a good exposure to the Healthcare industry. I learnt a lot during my time there.

ConsUnfortunately, the cons outweigh the pros.

One, they're terribly managed, with reorgs happening faster than the seasons changing. Also, a lot of their core people have left, so management tries to squeeze work out of the remaining people and the newcomers. At one point, I was doing the work of four people.

Second, it's a company of salespeople. They sell first and then scramble to back up what they have sold. Works sometimes, but not always.

Three, the sister business lines do not cooperate with each other. Each side is afraid of "losing business" to the other. They seem to forget they're part of the same company. Which brings me to the next con.

Four, the company has acquired a lot of small businesses over the years. However, the acquisitions have not yet translated into a seamless product suite. The end result is that clients experience each product differently, some good, some bad. This inconsistency is frustrating.

Five, don't go there expecting a good pay. Treat this company as a learning experience, nothing more.

Six, while management recognizes that they have problems, they have no idea where to begin to fix them. Everyone's hearts are in the right place, but their heads are all over the place.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get down to the real root cause of your problems, instead of suggesting band-aids. Engage clients in a more meaningful way. And don't try to fix all problems at once.

Great place to work

Contract Analyst (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsGreat people, opportunity for growth, awesome work life balance

ConsPay scale for job is lower but overall package great

Advice to Senior ManagementSalary adjustment in area I work

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!

MedAssets Videos

MedAssets – Why Work for Us?

A passion to improve healthcare quality and effectiveness MedAssets is at the center of improving the quality and effectiveness of the healthcare industry. From establishing best practice value for clinical and labor… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedAssets reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MedAssets CEO John A. Bardis. All 202 reviews posted anonymously by MedAssets employees.