MedAssets Reviews

253 reviews filtered by
2.6
MedAssets Chairman, President, and CEO John A. Bardis
John A. Bardis

Pros
  • Work/life balance is better than most (even though the company offers bargain benefits) (in 19 reviews)

• Flexible work schedules, laid-back environment, have the opportunity to participate in many charitable opportunities (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management in technology is not ethical and play lot politics (in 11 reviews)

• Time will tell if we'll ever get strong senior leadership (in 8 reviews)

1. Good employers

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at MedAssets as a contractor

Pros

Great trainers and work well with software.

Cons

You have to get along with the click or you won't get permanent.

2. Too many meetings and discussions

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at MedAssets full-time

Pros

Good work environment and facilities

Cons

Too much overhead to accomplish something

3. I'm learning alot and it shows!

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

I've been in Healthcare for many many years. I've seen all aspects of the world and how frustrating it can be. I truly appreciate my job and all the amazing team members i work with on a daily business. I've learned alot and it shows. I can see myself moving up in this company and I'm excited about that. Although I'm new to the routine i feel that Noone will allow me to fail. Ask a question and 3 are there to assist me. No clicks in our department we are all friends who respect one another. I am very pleased with MedAssets and i look forward to seeing bigger and better things in the future.

Cons

There are some policies that should be reevaluated on working with clients. Makes for extra unnecessary busy work that could be used to finding that solution towards making money for the company.

I feel that some employees whine about things that if they would just do their job it wouldn't be an issue.

I've seen clicks be hired in due to their previous background. Beware of they all got fired together should they be hired together? I guess the bad ones always weed themselves out.

5. Excellent company to work for.

Current Employee - Management in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Management in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

Promote from within and salaries above average.

Cons

I honestly don't have any.

Stable with OK pay and flexible work hours

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very relaxed work environment, flexible work hours, lots of people work from on Fridays; Nice people to work with; Once you have shown you are capable of doing your job well, it's very stable.

Cons

Not a very exciting place to work for; Health benefits are surprisingly below average given the company is in this industry.

Hire the right people, motivate employees who has ambitions.

7. Great for work life balance, don't expect great pay or career opportunities.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

Great environment to work in. A lot of small employee events to make you feel company cares. Excellent at. Work life balance

Cons

Low pay scale overall, a lot of management from old startups are ingrained, with their little castles built around them. Hard to get promoted or change jobs inside. Pay for employee overtime and on all, when you don't pay them you are covering up your true cost of doing business and demoralizing employees like a lot of employers in Texas.

Increase pay scale, value older employees and their skillset. Stop reinventing processeses and hiring young people at low cost to make mistake and create well known methodology for common business processes. Cost more in the long run and you loose talent. Just because slavery was legal it did not mean it was right or moral and in the same was, just because Texas laws allow you to make employees work without pay, it is not right or moral.

8. Great place to work

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great work/life balance, hard working people, positive work environment, open minded managers.

Cons

I have zero complaints about working here

9. Would be an ideal employer if compensation packages were competitive with the market.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

There is a great deal of focus on finding a work/life balance. Company does a good job of living out it's core values. It is generally a very pleasant environment to work in.

Cons

Very little effort is put into retaining top talent. Raises are hard to come by, so make sure you negotiate well when you get hired, and plan on leaving in a few years if you'd like to see your financial situation improve more than 1-3% annually.

10. Good

Former Employee - Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in El Segundo, CA

I worked at MedAssets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good place for relationship development and to develop structure. Further, you will be exposed to health systems across the country.

Cons

Lots of politics.

11. Great if you're in the club

Former Employee - Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at MedAssets

Pros

Lots of opportunities, just hard to get them. Flexible work environment.

Cons

Great if you are "in the club', but if you are an outsider you get overlooked frequently. Very easy to get pigeonholed into a role you never wanted.

Listen to your employees more