MedAssets Reviews

Updated September 29, 2014
2.9

MedAssets Chairman, President, and CEO John A. Bardis
John A. Bardis

Pros
  • Work/life balance is better than most (even though the company offers bargain benefits) (in 17 reviews)

• Flexible work schedules, laid-back environment, have the opportunity to participate in many charitable opportunities (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • They have a manager who openly admits she is involved with the KKK and upper management is aware and does not care (in 14 reviews)

• Senior management in technology is not ethical and play lot politics (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company! Moderate opportunity to advance and an awesome company culture.

Current Employee - Data Analyst  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work environment is laid back and can be very fun.

Cons

The pay seems to be below market and the benefits are average.

Complete the compensation review and consider paying employees more.

Sep 29, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your review of MedAssets. We are committed to providing our employees with great company culture. We also understand that our team members are the key to our success; therefore ... More

MedAssets is a solid company in many ways but they aren't the highest paying company.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company with lots of opportunities

Cons

They pay below the market rate

Increase your investment in your people

Sep 29, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We are excited to hear that you appreciate the many opportunities MedAssets has to offer; we are highly committed to providing our associates with growth opportunities ... More

IT IS VERY MUCH AN EYE OPENER !

I have been working at MedAssets full-time

Pros

I like the fact that people pull together to get things that needs to be done, done. I also like the fact you are always learning new ways and improved ways to do your job, and you are given the chance to put the hours in to get it done.

Cons

The most important con about working at this job is that the commute to get here is a big one. know and understand that you staff dose not like to be threat'en. buy doing so you make them feel like slaves.

I would just like to say concerning this question that I would very much like for the management to give a bit more appreciation to the staff on all levels.and forward them there just due instead of always trying to feed them and a form of compensation.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too many meetings

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at MedAssets as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

High energy company dedicated to customer satisfaction.

Cons

Because it was an Agile shop, the number of meetings could be unbelievable. The contractors were also treated like 2nd class workers.

A visionary company striving to keep their clients a step or two ahead of the changing healthcare markets.

Former Employee - Client Executive  in  Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Client Executive in Princeton, NJ

I worked at MedAssets full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They really value their employees and do a lot at their physical locations to keep people healthy and active!. Their Founder, John Bardis, is a very visionary leader!

Cons

For field employees, the training and support is not standard across all clients.

Don't be so greedy on current contracts and take a look see for consistencies in level of support and services. It shouldn't be left entirely up to the field rep to define how a client is serviced. Sooner or later clients compare notes!

Very stuck in their ways

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

Decent benefits and Salary on par or above competitors. Most people are very friendly and have lots of extra curricular activities. Very nice building and great cafe.

Cons

Senior management does not seem to address issues. Have brought numerous issues to the attention of Vice Presidents and although he says things will be done, nothing is. Training is non existent.

My experience has been good but its not for the long-term.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers are fun. Flexible WFH days.

Cons

Management is not good. Low promotion rate.

Overall a good place to work

Current Employee - Manager, Software Development  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Manager, Software Development in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work life balance depending on the product you are on. Good Culture! New Building with good amenities. Decent benefits

Cons

Product innovation seems to be in a lull.

Keep up the employee engagement policies

Sep 29, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback; we appreciate you taking time to provide us with your opinions about MedAssets. Our company is committed to providing our employees with great company culture and the ... More

The company as a whole is well deserving of 5 stars.

Former Employee - Revenue Control Analyst  in  Cape Girardeau, MO
    Former Employee - Revenue Control Analyst in Cape Girardeau, MO

I worked at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance is favorable. Not much overtime to worry about. Casual atmosphere. Generous time off policies. Occasional fun activities.

Cons

Benefits are lacking and disappearing. Nepatism and favoritism are rampant. Lack of guidance regarding specific job duties and legal procedures.

Lower management is given too much leeway with their duties. The checks and balances system is manipulated every day. These need to be reviewed more often.

GO IN WITH YOUR EYES WIDE OPEN

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The PTO you get is very good and they do have a good Christmas Party

Cons

1. Senior management is a joke!! They do not have an open door policy.. If u disagree with them you too will soon be gone..
    2. Advancement is held to those that have the inside scoop as a favorite
    3. Working hard for recognition doesn't seem to exist
    4. Too many silly games and hoops to jump through only to be set up for failure. Little training. No communication. No one knows who is doing what. Managers gossiping with employees about other employees
    5. When there is a change of direction for your dept. or team, you need to be sure to get management to spell out how it changes your role. If you cannot keep up with this new change, start looking for another job. Your manager can deem your services to be 'no longer be needed' & no matter how hard you work to satisfy them, you can be fired - with no clear explanation why.
    6. If you have a desire to change depts. due to finding more interest in a new one or feel you fit better, do so before any formal steps are taken by management within the current dept. If your manager decides to put you on a PIP (performance improvement plan), which typically lasts 30 days, you cannot change depts. until you have successfully completed that PIP. If you're not familiar with a PIP, the PIP isn't for YOU to be a better employee; it's for your manager to get better results from you, as an employee. HR will not back you or be on your side once this happens. So plan accordingly & keep your resume up to date. Because once the decision has been made, you will be quietly whisked out the door. They will ship your belongings to you.
    7. So many snakes in middle management. You only move up by being a yes man, being favored or throwing your coworkers under the bus.
    Very little recognition for true performance and work.

Need to change things or your going to keep loosing good people

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!