MedAssets

MedAssets Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

MedAssets Chairman, President, and CEO John A. Bardis

John A. Bardis

Pros:
  • "The work-life balance is very good with flexible schedules and generous PTO"
    in 13 reviews
  • "MedAssets offer flexible work schedules"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior management in technology is not ethical and play lot politics"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Honesty, hard work, and trust in upper-management will not get you far here"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great culture, still growing company, but a few bad apples can sour the experience

Technical (Former Employee)
Plano, TX

I worked at MedAssets full-time for more than a year

ProsThe dept I worked in was flexible when it came to taking time off. I could leave for an appointment as long as I did the expected of advised my team, made my time up, or got approval to take it as PTO. Onsite HR is very verbal about wanting to know what they can do to better your experience at MedAssets. It's a company wide effort. They frequently send out quick surveys, asking for feedback. Great commitment to charities & local involvement. The company really stood out to me when Sandy hit the Northeast & impacted many employees in the area. MedAssets made a point to bring the following & more: a fuel truck so employees could fuel their cars, bottled water, blankets, clothing, food & toiletries. It was a great thing to hear how our leaders pulled together to get supplies to our coworkers.

The CEO enjoys sharing his sense of humor & it doesn't always come across as humorous to everyone, I never had an issue with it. Lots of ways to be involved on-site, brand new facility with state of the art technology, including white noise to help with the noise level in some noisier areas. The company enjoys having wine & beer at functions. I like the fact that they recognize that we're mature adults & can determine how much alcohol we should or shouldn't consume at events. Not all employees embrace this perk. Other perks include: Mother's room, phone rooms, solid wall bathroom stalls, free coffee/tea/cocoa on every floor of each tower, birthday cake each month in recognition of those who were born that month, 24/7 5500 sqft fitness center, classes for Yoga, Pilates, etc held at diff times of the day, game room with Wii, billiards, Foosball, basketball court, 18-hole min-golf, on-site cafeteria (serving tuna, lamb, buffalo, salmon), seated patio areas, sidewalk around perimeter for walking, heart & soul program (you're paid 40 hrs a year to help out at a qualifying charity of your choosing. It's like an extra week of vacation pay.). I very much enjoyed working for the company itself.

ConsWhen there is a change of direction for your dept or team, you need to be sure to get management to spell out how it changes your role. If you cannot keep up with this new change, start looking for another job. Your manager can deem your services to be 'no longer be needed' & no matter how hard you work to satisfy them, you can be fired - with no clear explanation why.

If you have a desire to change depts due to finding more interest in a new one or feel you fit better, do so before any formal steps are taken by management within the current dept. If your manager decides to put you on a PIP (performance improvement plan), which typically lasts 30 days, you cannot change depts until you have successfully completed that PIP. If you're not familiar with a PIP, the PIP isn't for YOU to be a better employee, it's for your manager to get better results from you, as an employee. HR will not back you or be on your side once this happens. So plan accordingly & keep your resume up to date. Because once the decision has been made, you will be quietly whisked out the door. They will ship your belongings to you.

Fantastic Company

Corporate Talent Acquisition (Current Employee)

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for less than a year

ProsThe PEOPLE.. The culture. The business itself.

Consnone to report as of this date

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat you are doing is working. Keep it up

Great place to learn and grow professionally

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat people, vision, good work/family balance

ConsNot all those in management provide the skills and knowledge needed

Advice to Senior ManagementTake chances on those you would normally pass over for promotions

Negotiator

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible work schedules, laid-back environment, have the opportunity to participate in many charitable opportunities...the company likes to give back. Work out facilities on site, fun work functions

ConsBenefits, practically no training, high employee turnover, constant change of processes....hard to keep up, new VP or director every month. No motivation by VPs for advancement. I have the constant feeling that this is just a temporary job for me, I can't imagine working here for a long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess meetings and get more accomplished, motivate your staff for personal growth, try to keep your employees, re-evaluate your benefits, develop training programs for the employees. I feel like I could be a lot more functional in my job if there was some sort of training program.

Fantastic

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people from the CEO on down.

ConsLittle concerned with older technology. Company needs to change to keep with changes in healthcare. Trying to make the transition but not happening fast enough.

Advice to Senior Managementembrace change

MedAssets

Account Manager - Client Services (Current Employee)

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat work environment with great people

ConsLow Pay and very little raises

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter salaries and more opportunities

Stepping stone

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than a year

ProsRelaxed work environment. Friendly people.

ConsLack of training. Limited career growth opportunities. Underwhelming compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your people.

The role I accepted is not the role I was hired to do

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for less than a year

ProsThere are always fun events and fundraisers.

ConsJob I accepted as a professional is not the job I have today, which is soley administrative tasks that fall way below my skill set. I am devalued and have zero opportunity to apply my experience and education. There is limited opportunity to be creative, have a voice and grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate roles for the tasks that need to get done instead of hiring professionals and then devaluing that person's worth by having them do work that is below their skill set.

Pretty good company

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

Proscasual dress and great peers

Conssalary and benefit plans are not great, no education contribution, not many many opportunities to grow in the organization

Advice to Senior Managementleadership program and employees empowering

It is a Sales Rat Race All the Way to the Bottom

I have been working at MedAssets

ProsWe work in a really nice and new office space in Plano. I really like my colleagues. The pay and benefits are decent.

ConsMedassets is all about sales, sales, and more sales. Our sales team will sell you bottled air if we paid them a commission. Our last Operational president was even a salesman and we lost 2 years of precious time to improve our infrastructure and products under his leadership. Most of our products and services have been on the decline since Medassets acquired them years ago. Don't just take my word for it, please read all of the Pros from the positive posters. Rarely if never are our "great" products and services ever mentioned as Pros. Its because they arent great nor very good. We will spend almost an entire week partying in Vegas at the expense of investing valuable time and money into fulfilling our product and service commitments to our paying customers. For those of us not making our fortune off of equity, the experience has proven to be an endless and fruitless pursuit of just trying to achieve mediocrity.

Advice to Senior ManagementNice move bringing in sr leadership who actually has sr leadership experience.

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedAssets reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MedAssets CEO John A. Bardis. All 188 reviews posted anonymously by MedAssets employees.