MedAssets Reviews

Reset
2.8
MedAssets CEO R. Halsey Wise
R. Halsey Wise

Pros
  • Work/life balance is better than most (even though the company offers bargain benefits) (in 19 reviews)

• Flexible work schedules, laid-back environment, have the opportunity to participate in many charitable opportunities (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management does not seem to address issues (in 11 reviews)

• Extremely poor senior leadership (especially in IT) (in 8 reviews)

1. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great culture! Good hard working people trying to improve healthcare Great training and career growth opportunities Good performers get promoted and compensated well. Poor performers do not. Feels good being part of an organization doing meaningful w

Cons

Fast paced and lots of change. This is not a negative for me, but will be for those who are accustomed to static, old school work environments.

Advice to Management

Great job! Thank you for providing me with a dynamic and stable work environment.

2. When I started I felt like a lost wolf. With the implementation of the Mentor program things have truly turned around.

Current Employee - Manager in Saddle River, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Saddle River, NJ

Pros

Very understanding of home and work balance. Salary is in line with other consulting firms. Great health benefits.

Cons

Leadership changes. I do however feel the current changes are extremely positive and that our division is finally headed in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Listen to the worker bees a bit more. We are the ones in the weeds and truly do know what we are talking about.

3. Destined for Success

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saddle River, NJ

Pros

Management that is honest, direct and fair. A company that truly cares about its employees and proves this time and time again. Leaders that are always willing to hear your concerns. Strong foundation built by strong leaders. A culture that awards overachievement.

Cons

Like most companies out there in this economy, the burden of having to make tough choices and cuts. Companies sometimes need to right size in order to secure the employment of the majority. The expectations for speed of operation are somewhat unrealistic, its a pace thats hard to sustain over time. If you prefer the complacent job, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Look for solutions regarding the benefit plan options. Not all employees can afford these high deductible plans.

5. A great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined MedAssets 4 years ago as a contractor. I became a permanent employee after one year, and have since been promoted twice and am now in a Sr. Management position. My growth in the company can be attributed to a clearly defined career path, hard work, versatility and a manager that supported my growth by continually providing new challenges/opportunities. We’re a fast growing, midsized company where in my opinion; most employees are provided an opportunity to have a measureable impact. Moreover, the organization fosters an entrepreneurial environment where I can be innovative and risky which in my experience is unusual for this sized company. Finally, I appreciate the fact that we consistently demonstrate a willingness in outreach and community programs; which is driven by our CEO and down through the organization. Healthcare continues to evolve and to remain competitive in our industry; we have to as well which creates some challenges. That said, in my view, our constant evolution creates opportunity to learn new skills and facilitate career growth. Ultimately, this is a great place to work.

Cons

Seems to have taken longer than normal to integrate all of our acquisitions which has created some challenges in standardizing processes and creating a fluid infrastructure. Continuity among segments could create more synergy.

6. A great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is by far the best organization that I have ever worked for in terms of culture and environment. I am amazed at the stories of compassion and the recognition of that compassion outreach through various non profit and corporate citizenship programs. Upper management seems to have a strong committment to attract, develop and retain top talent. Full-time new hires are eligible to receive 17 days of PTO plus 10 paid holidays. In regards to the 401K the company contributes $.50 for each dollar you contribute up to 6%. In the past 5 months I have witnessed an increase in process improvement and positive change. I am very impressed with the level of communication that I have received from senior leadership. I was very impressed with the on boarding process. Perhaps what has impressed me the most is the level of integrity and committment to our core values.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment which may be considered as a con to others not having worked in fast paced environment. This could be a challenge to others that are missing a strong work ethic and ability to adapt.

Advice to Management

Continue the committment to attract, retain and develop top talent.

7. Great company that does wonders for its employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saddle River, NJ

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome growing company with a modern outlook in the healthcare revenue field. Always providing the latest resources & training tools for employees. Also a company that whole heartedly cares for the employees! MedAssets has a ton of humanity fundraisers & the most exquisite company holiday parties!

Cons

Shared knowledge from different departments. Each dept may use different tools depending in their workflows & responsibility but those tools are often found can benefit a different dept that never had the knowledge of the capability of the tool use.

8. Love it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- A fast-paced, growing company with a fantastic future in the healthcare industry; we are uniquely positioned among our competitors to address the changing healthcare market - Laced with employees who genuinely care about the company and our clients and the ultimate impact of how what we does impacts patient care - Multiple divisions within the company, so opportunities for career growth - Extremely charitable - company supports an orphanage in Africa, partners with other companies to send medical equipment to third-world countries, is very involved in helping veterans find employment through HireHeroes USA, allows employees up to 40 hours each year to volunteer (completely separate from any other paid time off programs) - Leaders are working hard to increase employee engagement - This is a FUN company to work at. We have many cultural activities like field days, a fall festival, charity day, Pi Day, chili cook-offs, etc., to make it a fun work community - Work/life balance is great. Managers are flexible and I genuinely feel that I'm paid for results, not the time I put in. If I want to leave early on a Thursday for a happy hour or on a Friday for a long weekend, no problem; my manager knows my work will get done.

Cons

- The medical benefits are not great. Company last year went to consumer-driven health plans (CDHP) like so many companies across the country are. This is a huge change for employees and requires that they become more active in planning and making decisions on their health care. Premiums are low but deductibles are high and people don't understand the trade-off. - There are still silos to break down between the divisions. - Company is coming off a two-year integration program after acquiring the Broadlane Group. Has it been bumpy? Yes! But it's also been exciting to watch these two former competitors come together as one company. Is it perfect? No, and it likely never will be (what company is?). But the leadership is trying hard under the vision of our CEO, John Bardis. I actually see this as a "pro" but they were outweighing the cons so I listed it here as many people would have a hard time dealing with the length of this process... but you have to be in it for the long haul.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees. Keep communicating your vision. Recognize employees. Maintain work/life balance.

It's Gettin' Better All The Time

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Corporate has taken a number of positive steps to bring in experienced business operators across the company following the hiring of a COO a little over a year ago. You can't find a better balance of passion for company, people, country and charities. Health care is a growing market; there should be continuing opportunities for job growth and new hires.

Cons

Still a lot of grumbling from employees below the manager ranks, but it is hard to tell if the gripes are specific to MedAssets or just normal dissatisfaction with day-to-day work or specific co-workers or managers.

Advice to Management

Continue to do a better job of holding senior leaders and executives accountable for poor hiring and operating decisions.

10. Culture is great; value employees and have added several key people to improve operational challenges. creative

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

the overall value proposition they deliver is superior to competitors. People they hire for the most part are very sharp. Heart and soul program which allows for 5 days of community service/year. Always looking to improve employee experience and very focused on doing what is right for customers. Facilities to work in are great. Very creative company. ESOP

Cons

since going public, hard to keep up. Work life balance is a challenge. However, Sr. management knows this and continues to try and find ways to make it better.

Advice to Management

Work on relationships within corporate leadership to present a united front. Some operational leaders need to understand from customer point of view more in order to be more effective.

Awesome Company!!!

Former Employee - Account Manager - Client Services in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager - Client Services in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at MedAssets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great management, good benefits and pay!

Cons

None! I loved working at MedAssets. I had to leave my position to be with my family in Canada. John Bardis is a superstar. Most people have no idea of the many acts of kindness that this man has done for others. He never wants recognition. He is a true Christian and humanitarian.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!!

RSS Feed </> Embed