MedAssets

MedAssets Reviews

Updated Jun 15, 2014

MedAssets Chairman, President, and CEO John A. Bardis

John A. Bardis

Pros:
  • "Work/life balance is better than most (even though the company offers bargain benefits)"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Flexible work schedules, laid-back environment, have the opportunity to participate in many charitable opportunities"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "Honesty, hard work, and trust in upper-management will not get you far here"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Divisional management was not on the same page as senior management"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

And here I thought I was out of high school...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prospay was good for the job I had but not worth the aggravation.

ConsTo many silly games and hoops to jump through only to be set up for failure. Little training. No communication. No one knows who is doing what. Managers gossiping with employees about other employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe ridiculously high turnover for this one position in this particular department under this particular manager (6 people in under 2 years) should tell you something. It's not us... It's you.

Medassets

ProsFun work environment. Good work life balance

Conslimited growth in the Georgia offices

WATCH OUT FOR THIS COMPANY IT IS NOT WHAT IT APPEARS TO BE

ProsPTO is awesome that is about it

ConsI have worked for this company for more then two years and I can't wait to get another job. This place does not care about there employees they only care about them self. Yea they have company picnic, Christmas party but the work you have to do for this place is not worth it.

If you are not a kiss butt you will get no where in this company. It is a shame that the CEO has no idea what really goes on in his company. He is only being told what he his upper management tells him.

It is funny at town hall meetings they tell us that the survey that we all take tells them they Medassets is doing GREAT well I believe that this is a lie and they just tell us they are doing great and that every employee loves working for medassets.

In my 2 years working for this company I have seen so many people leave because this place treats people like they are robots and god forbid you don't kiss butt or agree you can kiss your job goodbye. Or they make your life a living hell. And when glassdoor gets to many negative reviews on this web site medassets management ask employees to go on here and write positive ones. I know that to be true because my department was told to write positive reviews so CEO does not look bad. Again can't wait to find a new job and fast.

Advice to Senior Managementlearn to treat your employees better especially the ones that bust there butts for you and just because we don't kiss butt you should treat every employee the same.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Confusing and hard to work for and does not put client first unless it increases their bottomline

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe hiring process was excellent and very thorough.

ConsDid not know who their client was and played divisions against each other

Dream Job!!... read negative reviews with objectivity and realize they are one side of a story. :)

Corporate Talent Acquisition (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsThe company is a product of its owner/ leader John Bardis, who is an amazing man. What we do matters and there is no shortage of work to be done... however, if you believe that you should work as hard as you play.. than this is the place for you. In a perfect world.. id spend my entire career here and I'm only 28

ConsSmoking policy is a bit tough.. but being a healthcare improvement company.. I get it. Plus, I'm a bit bias.
    Literally nothing else to report and I'm really trying to think of something.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in your employees and community and I assure you it will always attract the right people! Continue having a presence in the office.. and saying hello to us "little people" as rankings go, while passing by. Continue acknowleding those who acheive and encouraging those who strive to improve. Keep up everything that you are doing. The right people are def in place where it counts!

Great opportunity to learn and grow.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInternal promotions and great employee recognition. They allowed you to be a professional.

ConsAfter purchasing a number of companies, they seemed to lose their identity.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt was sad to see that once new companies were purchased, management seemed to forget who helped them to get where they were at that point. A lot of talent was lost.

Casual friendly place

Plano, TX

ProsWorkplace is casual and great way to get to know people. Good introduction into healthcare industry.

ConsBenefits could be better. Certain parts of organization needs to evaluate talent and get rid of poor performers

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of people that do not provide value instead of allowing them to linger and causing more work for others.

Great Ideals, Poor Execution

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany-wide implementation of servant-leadership model, with performance reviews tied to servant leader principles may eventually improve culture.

ConsVery siloed organization with redundant and sometimes conflicting processes, poor communication between departments and from upper management down through the ranks. Constant pressure to improve margins, but poor infrastructure limits potential for success and results in absolutely zero work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementCurrent corporate culture reality is furthest from servant-leadership of any organization I have worked with. Principles are great, but are not espoused or embraced consistently across senior leadership, much less to the front-line employees.

Great people, poor leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company's heart is in the right place, saving hospitals money and promoting health and wellness.

ConsDecision making at the top is disjointed and dysfunctional. Leadership's lack of willingness to address their disagreements directly trickles down to staff, causing stress, heavy workload, and frustration.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeak openly with one another. Address the tough stuff. Agree upon a single set of goals. Make the adjustments that are needed. Move forward in unison.

Two good years but becoming cautious about what lies ahead

(Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsThe culture is great. Stellar office in Plano. Enjoy working in healthcare where I feel we are making a difference in the integrity of the healthcare system. I think my dept historically has worked great as a team and the people I work with are also my friends outside of work in many cases. We recently had a company outing which included alcohol and that's always nice! I don't want to tout alcohol as a benefit but it is nice working for a company that knows how to relax. This is the exact opposite of where I came from.

ConsIn rev cycle there is little innovation in new products. We've lost some really good leaders in rev cycle ops over the past few months, especially in my dept. Not let go but opted to leave for various reasons. This worries me as I know one in particular was very much a MedAssets supporter and it was definitely shocking to see him leave. New VP of my dept seems to be good guy and have solid leadership experience but doesn't have the knowledge we need NOW to really move us forward. Seems more focused on sales opportunities than helping us implement. It feels as if something has happened recently where work just isn't as enjoyable. And I have to add, the deductible in the health plan is ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhere I am, we need leaders with industry experience to help with the challenges we have. Consider having a separate medical deductible for each family member so if I have one family member that has a lot of medical needs, I pay coinsurance sooner for care for that individual only. Otherwise, I love this place and even with the problems would still highly recommend as a place to work. Just want it to stay this way!

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!

MedAssets Videos

MedAssets – Why Work for Us?

A passion to improve healthcare quality and effectiveness MedAssets is at the center of improving the quality and effectiveness of the healthcare industry. From establishing best practice value for clinical and labor… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedAssets reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MedAssets CEO John A. Bardis. All 202 reviews posted anonymously by MedAssets employees.