MedAssets Reviews

Updated September 16, 2014
2.9

MedAssets Chairman, President, and CEO John A. Bardis
John A. Bardis

Pros
  • Work/life balance is better than most (even though the company offers bargain benefits) (in 15 reviews)

• Flexible work schedules, laid-back environment, have the opportunity to participate in many charitable opportunities (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Honesty, hard work, and trust in upper-management will not get you far here (in 13 reviews)

• Senior management in technology is not ethical and play lot politics (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

WATCH OUT FOR THIS COMPANY IT IS NOT WHAT IT APPEARS TO BE

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PTO is awesome that is about it

Cons

I have worked for this company for more then two years and I can't wait to get another job. This place does not care about there employees they only care about them self. Yea they have company picnic, Christmas party but the work you have to do for this place is not worth it.

If you are not a kiss butt you will get no where in this company. It is a shame that the CEO has no idea what really goes on in his company. He is only being told what he his upper management tells him.

It is funny at town hall meetings they tell us that the survey that we all take tells them they Medassets is doing GREAT well I believe that this is a lie and they just tell us they are doing great and that every employee loves working for medassets.

In my 2 years working for this company I have seen so many people leave because this place treats people like they are robots and god forbid you don't kiss butt or agree you can kiss your job goodbye. Or they make your life a living hell. And when glassdoor gets to many negative reviews on this web site medassets management ask employees to go on here and write positive ones. I know that to be true because my department was told to write positive reviews so CEO does not look bad. Again can't wait to find a new job and fast.

learn to treat your employees better especially the ones that bust there butts for you and just because we don't kiss butt you should treat every employee the same.

Dream Job!!... read negative reviews with objectivity and realize they are one side of a story. :)

Current Employee - Corporate Talent Acquisition  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Talent Acquisition in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is a product of its owner/ leader John Bardis, who is an amazing man. What we do matters and there is no shortage of work to be done... however, if you believe that you should work as hard as you play.. than this is the place for you. In a perfect world.. id spend my entire career here and I'm only 28

Cons

Smoking policy is a bit tough.. but being a healthcare improvement company.. I get it. Plus, I'm a bit bias.
    Literally nothing else to report and I'm really trying to think of something.

Continue to invest in your employees and community and I assure you it will always attract the right people! Continue having a presence in the office.. and saying hello to us "little people" as rankings go, while passing by. Continue acknowleding those who acheive and encouraging those who strive to improve. Keep up everything that you are doing. The right people are def in place where it counts!

Great company to work for....

I worked at MedAssets full-time

Pros

Great leadership, team environment, competitive pay and benefits...overall, I would highly recommend MedAssets to anyone

Cons

I think the workload is demanding, but I was fairly compensated for my time and effort. No complaints from me.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, poor leadership

I worked at MedAssets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company's heart is in the right place, saving hospitals money and promoting health and wellness.

Cons

Decision making at the top is disjointed and dysfunctional. Leadership's lack of willingness to address their disagreements directly trickles down to staff, causing stress, heavy workload, and frustration.

Speak openly with one another. Address the tough stuff. Agree upon a single set of goals. Make the adjustments that are needed. Move forward in unison.

Great Company!

Current Employee - Corporate Talent Acquisition  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Talent Acquisition in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for less than a year

Pros

MedAssets is a great company for numerous reasons. The compensation for my role was fair, the overall company culture (in the Plano office) and team environment is incredible! This location definitely is of the mentality of "work hard/play hard." You get to work in a beautiful building with tons of windows and great lighting. There's a cool put-put golf course you can play on to clear your mind or take a spin class in the gym on the first floor. The cafe has awesome breakfast and lunch and as you walk down the halls, you can see huge portraits of fallen servicemen and read about their stories - very patriotic and humbling. Just an incredible place to work! I'm new, but I can already tell this is definitely a company I want to stay and grow with for years and even decades to come!

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any cons to speak of. I had quite a few contacts already working with the company before I started and they all had nothing but positive things to say, and now that I'm on board - I feel the same way!

Positive Work Environment

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Saddle River, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saddle River, NJ

I worked at MedAssets as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with, Good Staff & Salary

Cons

Working Hours should be flexible, Career growth is limited

Good company overall

Current Employee - Data Acquisition Consultant  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Data Acquisition Consultant in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Laid back work environment. MedAssets is positioned well for growth in the HealthCare technology and consulting space. They have started to invest more in technology which should help the implementation process and quality of products delivered.

Cons

In the group that I work, we are still trying to define, document and optimize our processes which can be difficult given the current work load. Alot of knowledge is siloed and cross training on products is something we definitely need.

Hire an outside consulting company to help with process optimization.

Negotiator

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedules, laid-back environment, have the opportunity to participate in many charitable opportunities...the company likes to give back. Work out facilities on site, fun work functions

Cons

Benefits, practically no training, high employee turnover, constant change of processes....hard to keep up, new VP or director every month. No motivation by VPs for advancement. I have the constant feeling that this is just a temporary job for me, I can't imagine working here for a long time.

Less meetings and get more accomplished, motivate your staff for personal growth, try to keep your employees, re-evaluate your benefits, develop training programs for the employees. I feel like I could be a lot more functional in my job if there was some sort of training program.

Great culture, still growing company, but a few bad apples can sour the experience

Former Employee - Technical  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Technical in Plano, TX

I worked at MedAssets full-time for more than a year

Pros

The dept I worked in was flexible when it came to taking time off. I could leave for an appointment as long as I did the expected of advised my team, made my time up, or got approval to take it as PTO. Onsite HR is very verbal about wanting to know what they can do to better your experience at MedAssets. It's a company wide effort. They frequently send out quick surveys, asking for feedback. Great commitment to charities & local involvement. The company really stood out to me when Sandy hit the Northeast & impacted many employees in the area. MedAssets made a point to bring the following & more: a fuel truck so employees could fuel their cars, bottled water, blankets, clothing, food & toiletries. It was a great thing to hear how our leaders pulled together to get supplies to our coworkers.

The CEO enjoys sharing his sense of humor & it doesn't always come across as humorous to everyone, I never had an issue with it. Lots of ways to be involved on-site, brand new facility with state of the art technology, including white noise to help with the noise level in some noisier areas. The company enjoys having wine & beer at functions. I like the fact that they recognize that we're mature adults & can determine how much alcohol we should or shouldn't consume at events. Not all employees embrace this perk. Other perks include: Mother's room, phone rooms, solid wall bathroom stalls, free coffee/tea/cocoa on every floor of each tower, birthday cake each month in recognition of those who were born that month, 24/7 5500 sqft fitness center, classes for Yoga, Pilates, etc held at diff times of the day, game room with Wii, billiards, Foosball, basketball court, 18-hole min-golf, on-site cafeteria (serving tuna, lamb, buffalo, salmon), seated patio areas, sidewalk around perimeter for walking, heart & soul program (you're paid 40 hrs a year to help out at a qualifying charity of your choosing. It's like an extra week of vacation pay.). I very much enjoyed working for the company itself.

Cons

When there is a change of direction for your dept or team, you need to be sure to get management to spell out how it changes your role. If you cannot keep up with this new change, start looking for another job. Your manager can deem your services to be 'no longer be needed' & no matter how hard you work to satisfy them, you can be fired - with no clear explanation why.

If you have a desire to change depts due to finding more interest in a new one or feel you fit better, do so before any formal steps are taken by management within the current dept. If your manager decides to put you on a PIP (performance improvement plan), which typically lasts 30 days, you cannot change depts until you have successfully completed that PIP. If you're not familiar with a PIP, the PIP isn't for YOU to be a better employee, it's for your manager to get better results from you, as an employee. HR will not back you or be on your side once this happens. So plan accordingly & keep your resume up to date. Because once the decision has been made, you will be quietly whisked out the door. They will ship your belongings to you.

Great place to learn and grow professionally

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, vision, good work/family balance

Cons

Not all those in management provide the skills and knowledge needed

Take chances on those you would normally pass over for promotions

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!