MedAssets Reviews

Updated October 17, 2014
2.7

MedAssets Chairman, President, and CEO John A. Bardis
John A. Bardis

Pros
  • Work/life balance is better than most (even though the company offers bargain benefits) (in 18 reviews)

• Flexible work schedules, laid-back environment, have the opportunity to participate in many charitable opportunities (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • They have a manager who openly admits she is involved with the KKK and upper management is aware and does not care (in 14 reviews)

• Senior management in technology is not ethical and play lot politics (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Stepping stone

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Relaxed work environment. Friendly people.

Cons

Lack of training. Limited career growth opportunities. Underwhelming compensation.

Develop your people.

The role I accepted is not the role I was hired to do

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are always fun events and fundraisers.

Cons

Job I accepted as a professional is not the job I have today, which is soley administrative tasks that fall way below my skill set. I am devalued and have zero opportunity to apply my experience and education. There is limited opportunity to be creative, have a voice and grow.

Create roles for the tasks that need to get done instead of hiring professionals and then devaluing that person's worth by having them do work that is below their skill set.

Social Media Implemented at Work!

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work/life balance is better than most (even though the company offers bargain benefits).

Cons

So, the one theme that runs predominantly through the posts by employees and former employees on this site is CLIQUISH -- the company is filled with cliques. In response to this, HR has come up with the brilliant idea of spending money (that we need for our tools) on a social media platform that will allow people to nominate their friends for monetary awards.

Really, MedAssests? This is the single most ridiculous thing you have done in my almost four years with the company. Who has time to play on a social media site? You're paying us to work, not nominate our buddies for cash awards.

You really screwed the pooch with this one.

Your employees want to be paid a reasonable wage, receive decent benefits and to know that they are treated fairly. Implementing programs like this only exacerbates the problems you have with cliques and favoritism. Stop looking for the sensational fixes and start concentrating on the real reasons your employee satisfaction scores suck.

It is a Sales Rat Race All the Way to the Bottom

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

We work in a really nice and new office space in Plano. I really like my colleagues. The pay and benefits are decent.

Cons

Medassets is all about sales, sales, and more sales. Our sales team will sell you bottled air if we paid them a commission. Our last Operational president was even a salesman and we lost 2 years of precious time to improve our infrastructure and products under his leadership. Most of our products and services have been on the decline since Medassets acquired them years ago. Don't just take my word for it, please read all of the Pros from the positive posters. Rarely if never are our "great" products and services ever mentioned as Pros. Its because they arent great nor very good. We will spend almost an entire week partying in Vegas at the expense of investing valuable time and money into fulfilling our product and service commitments to our paying customers. For those of us not making our fortune off of equity, the experience has proven to be an endless and fruitless pursuit of just trying to achieve mediocrity.

Nice move bringing in sr leadership who actually has sr leadership experience.

Pretty good company

Current Employee - Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

casual dress and great peers

Cons

salary and benefit plans are not great, no education contribution, not many many opportunities to grow in the organization

leadership program and employees empowering

Watch your back...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible PTO, relaxed atmosphere. Watching middle management squabble.

Cons

So many snakes in middle management. You only move up by being a yes man, being favored or throwing your coworkers under the bus.
    Very little recognition for true performance and work.

Our director citing the woeful employee satisfaction scores stated "I know the scores are anonymous but I have a back door way to find out who these folks are so we can help them."

I don't have to say what that "help" was, do I?

Forget about your own little power trips and building your micro kingdoms. Look, acknowledge and appreciate the talent within your department.

Decent

Current Employee - Advisory Services in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Advisory Services in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Culture is relaxed and not micro managed

Cons

Management changes too often and the people aren't empowered

Big, Small Company for Atlanta office employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For those employees in the Alpharetta office, you're very close to the executives of the company and see them on a daily basis. It makes the company feel much smaller than what it actually is. If you're able to attend any of the MedAssets corporate events, they're great! The company has a VERY strong interest in charities and helping others - which is always comforting.

Cons

Benefits are ok - not great. Not a lot of transparency from senior level leadership on major changes affecting the company and/or employees.

Keep your team members informed of major decisions made by the company to aid them in their job performance.

Great Vision....Issues with Execution

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Senior Management driven culture of this company is very generous and service oriented both to the public and to their customers.

Cons

Recent acquisition has created a twisted company as the acquired company senior management do not like nor promote the servant leadership model that ensures success for all. They are only focused on stepping their way to the top on the heads (and growth) of their resources in an authoritarian model.

Mandatory SLT for all former Broadlane employees to ensure compliance to new (and improved) culture.

Ones of the better companies out there

Current Employee - Product Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Charity work, high employee morale, good compensation, awesome coworkers, flexible work schedule, work/life balance, great Plano facility and location.

Cons

Medical benefits are horrible, the multiple aquisitions have created a silos, very old hardware.

Spend some money on newer hardware so we can provide more stable environments for our customers.