MedExpert Reviews

Medical Information Coordinator

Current Employee - Medical Information Coordinator  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Information Coordinator in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time for less than a year

Pros

- helping patients every day with their health and questions is very rewarding and fulfilling
    - supportive bosses, managers seem very encouraging to help you feel comfortable in your position
    - access to staff, CEO responsive and easy to talk to
    - free soda/bottled water
    - coworkers are nice and interesting people, everyone is so helpful
    - exciting to work in a fast-paced company that is growing and seems like there are opportunities to grow with them
    - some of the previous reviews are inaccurate- you do NOT have to clock out for bathroom breaks.
    - great with scheduling and supportive of employees going to school, taking classes and furthering their careers
    - company BBQs!
    - facilities team is ON TOP OF EVERYTHING, the place is clean as a whistle and they do a great job getting you anything you need. I put in a request for some supplies and had them before I even blinked. Very hardworking guys.
    - overall employee vibe seems hardworking and professional but also nice and fun.
    - fair salaries/compensation package

Cons

- could benefit from an overall training binder/program instead of being trained from various different people
    - working with a family-owned company there is nepotism with family members filling most of the director roles. However, family members seem nice, accessible and hardworking, so that is good.

- purchase a headset splitter so a trainee can use during training
    - streamlined training process for new hires with encompassing materials would be very beneficial.

Amazing place with an amazing vision.

I have been working at MedExpert full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved my time at MedExpert. My husbands job got relocated which forced to move but I would have been with MedExpert for a long time. Their mission and values are exactly in line with what I was looking for and expecting. Everyday I would go home feeling like I made a difference. Management always had a fridge full of beverages and would bring in a variety of lunches on Fridays which came from places like Buca di Beppo. This company is growing quickly and is going to be amazing.

Cons

There are 2-3 people within the call center that tried to create a bad atmosphere and speak poorly about the company. I was new and I heard they were writing poor reviews on purpose because they felt it was "humorous". I would stand behind this growing company any day and am sad to leave.

You do know your employee- my advise is to follow your gut and remove a few of the folks that are causing the moral to go down. Everyone that works there is awesome and management was always extremely helpful. Jeff (CEO) new me by name and always asked myself and others "how are you doing" which you do not see a lot of especially with companies growing.

Leading The Future

I have been working at MedExpert full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I'm not going to lie. There are a lot of ex disgruntled employees on here ripping on MedExpert and I would like to add my two cents.
    Their quality of work is so tremendously high that they also hold every. single. employee to their highest capability. I have been working here for 5 years. I have seen employees go in and out. It's sad how manipulative and lazy our society has come that MedExpert has been forced to up their security and safety of the company due to bad apples. This company has almost seen it all and it's an incredible testament their perseverance that they are becoming stronger day by day.
    It's an honor to be apart of this company, I love the employees, the management, and the overall work atmosphere. I love the Hiller family, each member has something incredible to offer and they are always willing to help and listen. Cutest girls ever! Also the sweetest service dogs I've ever seen.

We are apart of something so great that we are breaking through with new findings and providing new capabilities.

I truly believe that the most limit pushing discoveries are those that receive most ridicule. Once they succeed, everyone cannot wait to be apart of the change. This is what MedExpert is.

Cons

Yes, we don't get our cellphones during work ( meaning we actually are forced to focus instead of hide the phones under our desks like children). That is really not that terrible. I actually really like not being addicted to my phone!!
    Have to clock out to use the restroom? It wasn't always this way, but like I said, too many people tried to cheat the system so now we take 5 minutes tops to do our business and get back to work.

I think the world will be thanking YOU some day.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you want to make a difference, this is the place for you.

I have been working at MedExpert full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love MedExpert. I love what the company stands for and I have yet to be a part of a company that holds more true to their mission and goals than this one.

I am extremely thankful for all that management provides constantly. On a silly perk note, we have lunch provided at least every other week (I think it's actually every week, but don't want to exaggerate), snacks and beverages. The facility is always clean, temperature moderated, and located next to a ton of food options (downtown Redwood CIty has really turned into a wonderful place).

Most importantly to note, I am treated with respect from management (and other employees), and they have created an environment in which I can truly help other people. If you are someone who treats other people well, works hard and wants to make a difference, then this is the place for you.

This type of website usually gets filled with negative reviews because, let's be honest, someone who is upset and angry is more likely to find an outlet for their frustration than someone who is happy with their situation. This is why I'm glad to have discovered this site so that I can write down what most of the people I work with actually think... that this is a great place to work and it is filled with great people.

Cons

If you are someone who just wants to punch a clock and physically be at work without turning on your energy then this may not be the place for you.

Please, please understand that most of the people working for you love it. They want to see this company succeed and those that think otherwise may just not fully understand how valuable a company this is. Thank you for all that you do.

Fulfilling

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is not every day that you get to work for a place that can have such a positive impact on so many people's lives. I love the people I work with and the environment as well. At the complete base of this company, what we do is help people.. and that ranges from the smallest of small things to the biggest of big things and we are ready to take on everything in between. It actually excites me that sometimes people get confused how we are able to do all that we do because that just shows how innovative of a company it is that I work with (and I mean with, not for).

The longer I've been here, the more I realize that my voice matters. If I have something that I think would add value, I know that what I have to say would be taken seriously and heard... No one here assumes they know everything, and to me, that makes me want to work even harder so that I can help the company grow and evolve to always be better than it was the day before.

This company is creating good jobs for good people in the office. I feel like I am making a difference when I go into work every day.

Cons

I don't know if this even counts as a "con" but I would want this company to grow so that we can help more people than we already do.

It's a joke

I worked at MedExpert full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hourly rate was fair
    Bonuses where new clients were signed up

Cons

-no medical insurance, PTO only for salaried employees
    -screamed at on the regular by owners
    -treat their employees terribly, no matter what department
    -revolving door of employees
    -employees didn't earn air conditioning for several years, were forced to work in an old airplane hangar with swamp coolers
    -by far the worst job I've ever had

Be careful. The amount of employee rights that you deny will catch up with you

They helped my mom and now I fully understand why I love MedExpert

Current Employee - Medical Case Manager  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Case Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working at MedExpert for more than 4 years. I kind of knew what we did, but really didn't appreciate the company until my mother had a medical problem that was going south fast. I had to travel home and was offered that MedExpert provide my mother with help. My mother liked her doctors and I thought that maybe my stubborn mom wouldn't accept MedExpert's help. I was floored. My mother said that the people at MedExpert are "the most thoughtful people ever." She said that the doctors and her case manager called her regularly, set up her appointments, kept her informed with all the latest information, explained all the information, explained my mom's medical records to her, helped my mom make decisions every step of the way. The MedExpert doctors and case manager always were kind, listened and my mom never felt pushed. My mom said that in the confusing world of medicine "MedExpert is a breath of fresh air."

My mom is happy, living by herself, able to drive to the store and go shopping for food and go visit with her friends. My mom's illness was threatening all of that.

My mom's case manager continues to check in with my mom and just say hello.

I know we all work very hard at MedExpert and the standards for security are high. I use to be annoyed about having to keep my cell phone off the floor but now that my mom has been one of the patients, I get it. I know my mom could talk freely and never fear that someone is mishandling her information.

When it is personal, when it hits your own family, you really appreciate how sophisticated the systems are to help. I know we spend a lot and lot of time on the phones but now I think that each one of these calls could be my mom and it gives me a sense of calm.

The executives of this company really care. If you have a problem you can go to them. They are very discreet and never make a public display of their generosity. They have been in business for more than 30 years and they may not put up with young people's antics but they remain focused on patients.

The executives are very loyal to the employees. They treat the facility managers with the same respect as the senior execs. All you have to do to get along with the executives is put in an honest day's effort. They always understand family issues. MedExpert has engineers who have recently had babies and they are accommodating to young father and mother schedules.

Mistakes are understood if they surface immediately. Mistakes that are hidden are disapproved.

MedExpert is a very transparent organization. If you work hard and are honest you NEVER have a problem with anyone in the company. If you waste a lot of time, hide mistakes, or try to cheat the system, then you have issues.

Cons

Plan on working. This is not a place that likes time wasting.

Recently we had a wonderful summer barbeque at a local hillside park. Our family LOVED IT! The entire executive team cooked hamburgers and hotdogs for us, served us, played with our children and enjoyed our friendship. My family loved how "down home" everyone really is. PLEASE have more of these!!! :)

Terrible company go some where else save yourself headache

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free drink and forget about anything else

Cons

Management issue fake reviews to Glassdoor with attempt to improve rankings. No benefits of health for medical company.

They fight not to pay unemployment benefits to you, they rather use indefinite leave of absence when they fire you and fight you in court if you sue.

Monthly management forcing you to move desk. The workers become friendly with each other, management become very afraid. If you say no you do not want to move they say you have no choice. They remove cubicle from building as excuse when you force to move.

They not allow you have cell phones in the workplace, but I read the employee handbook and the employee handbook say you can have cell phone but on vibrate. Management staff fear of being target. Duh! Of course you are.

Management say importance on security because they a medical clearing house, but security actually least of worries. I afraid every day of HHC and HIPPA because my knowledge I may be responsible.

Internal application break every day. I was told it was because of no software testing. Why client do business with no software testing make no sense to me when sensitive medical data is stored on MedExpert system. The very near future, every engineer will leave MedExpert they already tell me and it become very impossible to support to us.

Very high rate of employee leave within 12 months. Each employee I speak to find a new job right now. They hire recruitment but no one want to take job because they read Glassdoor review.

HR and project management unqualified but they continue put employee into these positions with no degree for position.

Management swear at employee loud every day but tell us treat every customer nice. They treat employee like slave working in MedExpert labor camp who get less respect then there dogs.

You understand Glassdoor important so instead write fake review you should not mislead public people and read negative criticism and turn into positive.

No benefits of health is nonsense because MedExpert is not start up. MedExpert is more then 10 years old. You can not say it is start up. You need provide better life for employee family and employees with benefits of health. Are you that cheap to not afford benefits of health?

Micro-management is sad and why company not rise to level you expect. How will you hire engineer? They all tell me they leave before year end and no one want work here because public people read Glassdoor review.

The software already crumble in current condition. If you think you meet expanding population you try to get, you are very wrong. You never get there because of many reasons.

It time to get your act together.

Medical Treatment Coordinator

Former Employee - Medical Coordinator  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Coordinator in Redwood City, CA

I worked at MedExpert full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros: Schedule Mon- Fri, casual dress

Cons

Cons:
    - Projects are very unorganized that at first have a goal, however always fall apart because they never listen to their team or employees
    -There is an okay group of coworkers however management is horrible...it consist of a family (These people are pretty wealthy and treat people who are not as wealthy as them as insignificant bugs)
    -They do not care about their employees and they can keep a pretty good facade up about how much they do. However when they cannot suck you dry anymore and do not care to train or move you up. They will treat you worse than their pets dogs they bring in the office everyday.
    They are a health company, however they do not have any healthcare benefits, no sick days, no vacation, no paid time off, and they offer tons of soda and gatorade to slowly poison you. Like crack in a slave shop to keep us working.
    - They make you clock out when you want to use the restroom (Illegal)
    -They cheat you of your time
    - They are constantly saying because there is Personal Health Information that you cannot use your phone inside the building. However they are constantly on their phones.
    -Immediately when I was hired, tons of employee had quit their jobs (warning sign)
    -High turnover
    -They cuss and scream and demean their employees
    -The HR even left the company
    -They lie to the government about the work they are doing there
    -they use their lower management as pawns to do the dirty work
    - they do not treat people with respect at all
    - the company has been around almost 10 years and still doesn't have it together
    -only work here if you really really really need the money and if you can find another place in 3 months. I dont think you will be able to take much more.

It is better to treat your employee's with respect and to give them opportunities. That way you employees will want to work for you and the company will succeed. At this point most employees are just working for a paycheck and are actively looking for another position. Get HR and do not manipulate them either, they are their to support your employees. Respect the laws or else you could be sued sooner or later and then you will have no company at all. I am now at a biopharmaceutical company that treats employee with so much respect and encourages innovation, originality, development, discover. Provides employees with all benefits and more, tons of healthy food and free health snacks (whole foods status) and cooked breakfast and lunch in a beautiful cafeteria. We are never micromanaged and can go to the bathroom as many times as we please. We also have internet and are able to have phones and food at our desk.

MUST READ!!! Bad Experience at Medexpert.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at MedExpert full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free soda. Oh, don't drink too much, you have to clock out for using restrooms.

Cons

From professional perspective:
    1, Projects are not interesting, they don't use any new technologies, and the engineering team manager doesn't know Engineering at all!!! Can you imagine that?
    2, The management told engineers ' hey, don't waste your time on testing your code, we don't need it'. After they will come back and yell that why bugs are there!!!
    3, As an engineer, you can not utilize your skills and education background, because some non-engineer people will tell you how to write your code.
    4, There is a time, all engineers left the company. So now, all new hired engineers have less than 16 months experience in this company.
    5, If you are a junior, don't expect learning anything from this company, they have only ONE senior engineer.
    6, If you are a senior, you can find a job easily in valley, why waste your time here?

From company culture:
    1, I heard CEO says that "F" word everyday to his employees. Again, can you imagine that?
    2, Camera are hanging on your head, so don't pick your nose, people can see you.
    3, NO personal cellphones, NO personal bags, NO food on your desk.
    4, Don't use your computer to check tech news, it's not allowed and your computer is monitored.
    5, Don't say anything in the company, the management force some people to be informer.
    6, The job is not stable, they fire you or change your job status every minute they want without any benefits..
    7, Oops, all HR left, I think they know the CA labor code better, and they don't want to against the law.

Summery:
    It's a family owned company, all management are family members. The only rule to survive in this company is kiss this family's ass.

You don't want your employees to against you, then respect them.
    You want your system more robust, do it yourself OR listen to your employee and respect them.
    You want to grow your company, stop lying and get a better reputation.
    You think people will work harder if you monitor their computers and put cameras on their heads, You really think so?
    Engineers can put a bug in your code, and make the system crash at a specified time. They didn't because they have humanity, so please treat them like a human!
    You said you wanna help poor people, they why not start from respecting your own employees.

Stop lying to the government.
    Stop lying to your interviewee.
    Stop lying to the labor union.
    Stop lying to the Glassdoor reviewers.
    Stop Lying!!!

Worked for MedExpert? Contribute to the Community!