MedExpert

Rewarding job

Current Employee - Medical Information Coordinator in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Information Coordinator in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This job is perfect if you want to help people. You get to make a difference and impact someone's life, just by giving them a phone call. The management is very supportive, and more than willing to listen to feedback and new ideas. Flexible hours and time off. Stable hours and work schedule. You get free sodas/snacks and the company buys lunch about once a week. The moral around the office has gotten so much better. The disgruntled employees have left, for the most part. Almost everyone in the office is happy to be there and the tension is now gone. Amazing how a few negative people can contaminate the workplace. All companies have ups and downs. Things are defiantly looking up now.

Cons

It does seem like all the upper management positions are filled by family members and friends. But, even with that said, they are all very nice. Hopefully as the company grows and continues to expand, there will be more promotions available for non family members.

Also, there is no sick time, vacation, or health benefits for hourly employees. Hoping that eventually changes because we work hard and it's nice to be rewarded with benefits.

Keep up the good work. It is exciting to work for a company with so much potential. All of our hard work will eventually pay off.

company review

I have been working at MedExpert full-time

Pros

- good vibes throughout the office
    - lively atmosphere
    - good pay
    - clean
    - meaningful
    - supportive coworkers and management
    - can bring in dog if they get therapy certified
    - impressive systems
    - honest
    - generous management

Cons

- there's a lot to learn

- thanks for the fun outings and raffles!

Honest review

Current Employee - MIC in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoy going to work every day. Everyone has a really positive attitude and works really hard. The bosses do really nice things for us at the office when I know they don't have to which makes a huge difference. They most recently raffled off Giants game tickets which was awesome! And they're doing it again soon! Fingers crossed! I would definitely recommend this job to a friend and by the looks of things it appears we are growing which is great.

Cons

There is a lot of responsibility in the job because you are helping real people with real problems so while this is actually a positive I would definitely say that the faint of heart may have a difficult time.

Truth about MedExpert

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I will stay at Medexpert for a long time. I personally have handled cases where I have gotten letter in the mail saying I saved a members life. I worked at for an insurance company call center before coming to MedExpert and here I am treated with a lot more respect, have a voice, and can approach management.

Cons

The few employees who bring moral down. No one likes a tattle tale but luckily they are beginning to expose themselves and management will see the truth. The unhappy employees will be unhappy where ever they go and left their previous job because they were pissed off with management.

Keep doing what you are doing. We are making a difference and I go home feeling good every night.

Leading The Future

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I'm not going to lie. There are a lot of ex disgruntled employees on here ripping on MedExpert and I would like to add my two cents.
    Their quality of work is so tremendously high that they also hold every. single. employee to their highest capability. I have been working here for 5 years. I have seen employees go in and out. It's sad how manipulative and lazy our society has come that MedExpert has been forced to up their security and safety of the company due to bad apples. This company has almost seen it all and it's an incredible testament their perseverance that they are becoming stronger day by day.
    It's an honor to be apart of this company, I love the employees, the management, and the overall work atmosphere. I love the Hiller family, each member has something incredible to offer and they are always willing to help and listen. Cutest girls ever! Also the sweetest service dogs I've ever seen.

We are apart of something so great that we are breaking through with new findings and providing new capabilities.

I truly believe that the most limit pushing discoveries are those that receive most ridicule. Once they succeed, everyone cannot wait to be apart of the change. This is what MedExpert is.

Cons

Yes, we don't get our cellphones during work ( meaning we actually are forced to focus instead of hide the phones under our desks like children). That is really not that terrible. I actually really like not being addicted to my phone!!
    Have to clock out to use the restroom? It wasn't always this way, but like I said, too many people tried to cheat the system so now we take 5 minutes tops to do our business and get back to work.

I think the world will be thanking YOU some day.

If you want to make a difference, this is the place for you.

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love MedExpert. I love what the company stands for and I have yet to be a part of a company that holds more true to their mission and goals than this one.

I am extremely thankful for all that management provides constantly. On a silly perk note, we have lunch provided at least every other week (I think it's actually every week, but don't want to exaggerate), snacks and beverages. The facility is always clean, temperature moderated, and located next to a ton of food options (downtown Redwood CIty has really turned into a wonderful place).

Most importantly to note, I am treated with respect from management (and other employees), and they have created an environment in which I can truly help other people. If you are someone who treats other people well, works hard and wants to make a difference, then this is the place for you.

This type of website usually gets filled with negative reviews because, let's be honest, someone who is upset and angry is more likely to find an outlet for their frustration than someone who is happy with their situation. This is why I'm glad to have discovered this site so that I can write down what most of the people I work with actually think... that this is a great place to work and it is filled with great people.

Cons

If you are someone who just wants to punch a clock and physically be at work without turning on your energy then this may not be the place for you.

Please, please understand that most of the people working for you love it. They want to see this company succeed and those that think otherwise may just not fully understand how valuable a company this is. Thank you for all that you do.

MIC

Current Employee - MIC in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free drinks, lunches a few times a week, AT TIMES help people who need a second opinion from a doctor, and flexible hours only because they don't believe in sick pay, personal time off, or holiday pay. OK job if you're desperate and need cash, student, or need a job ASAP while looking for a CAREER. It's an easy job, no thinking required.

Cons

POSITIVE REVIEWS ARE POSTED BY COMPANY OWNERS!

Since it's a family owned company, there is very small chance to move up in the company. This is a big family, don't count on a promotion. The attitude from the owners is "you don't like it, get out." Directors will steal your ideas and pass them off as their own. Boring job, same calls day in day out. You never know what to expect when you come in the door each day. I spoke to many people, sick people with sick children, who lost their insurance due to the contract this company has set up with various unions and other company's. A lot of lies and cover- up's. Again, the positive reviews on here are posted by the company owners- so obvious!

They won't listen, why bother? Stop being shady and stop posting positive reviews. How do you sleep at night doing what you do?

It's a joke

I worked at MedExpert full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hourly rate was fair
    Bonuses where new clients were signed up

Cons

-no medical insurance, PTO only for salaried employees
    -screamed at on the regular by owners
    -treat their employees terribly, no matter what department
    -revolving door of employees
    -employees didn't earn air conditioning for several years, were forced to work in an old airplane hangar with swamp coolers
    -by far the worst job I've ever had

Be careful. The amount of employee rights that you deny will catch up with you

They helped my mom and now I fully understand why I love MedExpert

Current Employee - Medical Case Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Case Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at MedExpert for more than 4 years. I kind of knew what we did, but really didn't appreciate the company until my mother had a medical problem that was going south fast. I had to travel home and was offered that MedExpert provide my mother with help. My mother liked her doctors and I thought that maybe my stubborn mom wouldn't accept MedExpert's help. I was floored. My mother said that the people at MedExpert are "the most thoughtful people ever." She said that the doctors and her case manager called her regularly, set up her appointments, kept her informed with all the latest information, explained all the information, explained my mom's medical records to her, helped my mom make decisions every step of the way. The MedExpert doctors and case manager always were kind, listened and my mom never felt pushed. My mom said that in the confusing world of medicine "MedExpert is a breath of fresh air."

My mom is happy, living by herself, able to drive to the store and go shopping for food and go visit with her friends. My mom's illness was threatening all of that.

My mom's case manager continues to check in with my mom and just say hello.

I know we all work very hard at MedExpert and the standards for security are high. I use to be annoyed about having to keep my cell phone off the floor but now that my mom has been one of the patients, I get it. I know my mom could talk freely and never fear that someone is mishandling her information.

When it is personal, when it hits your own family, you really appreciate how sophisticated the systems are to help. I know we spend a lot and lot of time on the phones but now I think that each one of these calls could be my mom and it gives me a sense of calm.

The executives of this company really care. If you have a problem you can go to them. They are very discreet and never make a public display of their generosity. They have been in business for more than 30 years and they may not put up with young people's antics but they remain focused on patients.

The executives are very loyal to the employees. They treat the facility managers with the same respect as the senior execs. All you have to do to get along with the executives is put in an honest day's effort. They always understand family issues. MedExpert has engineers who have recently had babies and they are accommodating to young father and mother schedules.

Mistakes are understood if they surface immediately. Mistakes that are hidden are disapproved.

MedExpert is a very transparent organization. If you work hard and are honest you NEVER have a problem with anyone in the company. If you waste a lot of time, hide mistakes, or try to cheat the system, then you have issues.

Cons

Plan on working. This is not a place that likes time wasting.

Recently we had a wonderful summer barbeque at a local hillside park. Our family LOVED IT! The entire executive team cooked hamburgers and hotdogs for us, served us, played with our children and enjoyed our friendship. My family loved how "down home" everyone really is. PLEASE have more of these!!! :)

Terrible company go some where else save yourself headache

Current Employee - Anonymous in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free drink and forget about anything else

Cons

Management issue fake reviews to Glassdoor with attempt to improve rankings. No benefits of health for medical company.

They fight not to pay unemployment benefits to you, they rather use indefinite leave of absence when they fire you and fight you in court if you sue.

Monthly management forcing you to move desk. The workers become friendly with each other, management become very afraid. If you say no you do not want to move they say you have no choice. They remove cubicle from building as excuse when you force to move.

They not allow you have cell phones in the workplace, but I read the employee handbook and the employee handbook say you can have cell phone but on vibrate. Management staff fear of being target. Duh! Of course you are.

Management say importance on security because they a medical clearing house, but security actually least of worries. I afraid every day of HHC and HIPPA because my knowledge I may be responsible.

Internal application break every day. I was told it was because of no software testing. Why client do business with no software testing make no sense to me when sensitive medical data is stored on MedExpert system. The very near future, every engineer will leave MedExpert they already tell me and it become very impossible to support to us.

Very high rate of employee leave within 12 months. Each employee I speak to find a new job right now. They hire recruitment but no one want to take job because they read Glassdoor review.

HR and project management unqualified but they continue put employee into these positions with no degree for position.

Management swear at employee loud every day but tell us treat every customer nice. They treat employee like slave working in MedExpert labor camp who get less respect then there dogs.

You understand Glassdoor important so instead write fake review you should not mislead public people and read negative criticism and turn into positive.

No benefits of health is nonsense because MedExpert is not start up. MedExpert is more then 10 years old. You can not say it is start up. You need provide better life for employee family and employees with benefits of health. Are you that cheap to not afford benefits of health?

Micro-management is sad and why company not rise to level you expect. How will you hire engineer? They all tell me they leave before year end and no one want work here because public people read Glassdoor review.

The software already crumble in current condition. If you think you meet expanding population you try to get, you are very wrong. You never get there because of many reasons.

It time to get your act together.