MedExpert Reviews

Jeffrey Hiller

1. Nurse / MD

Current Employee - RN
    Current Employee - RN

I have been working at MedExpert

Pros

The unique design of MedExpert creates a platform where you can help patients by actually talking to them to find a direction or solution. There is no doubt in my mind that all nurses/MDs went into that field because they want to be able to help, but in the traditional doctor's offices etc. there was no time to really converse face to face with each person because there were so many people to see. This company has mastered the scenario in which you can work with each patient for the amount of time they deserve.

Cons

The technical system is a bit tricky to learn. I would ramp up the training to help people in those beginning weeks and months to be as proficient as fast as possible.

Advice to Management

We constantly get feedback and letters from patients, I think if it's possible we should share those stories because it is a team effort if there is a success.

medical coordinator- hated it

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they pay great lip service about how they're helping people but its a sham
    USED TO have meetings to keep people informed but stopped having them becuase they thought it was a waste if time
    the doctors working here are awesome i dont know how they convinced them to work in this play, they must pay them a ton to make it worth it for them

Cons

absolutely no training
    only source of information in the office is the gossip tree or if youre one of the girls who sucks up to middle managers
    extreme nepotism
    ask 3 different people the same question, get 3 different answers
    toxic atmosphere
    seem not to value employees and not to care about fi people are happy in their role, the people in charge have obviously found peace in it being a revolving door and dont care to work on retaining good employees
    people quit so fast
    clients come to do a site visit and they have us all act so fake, do things we normally never do- its a complete fraud
    system crashes constantly
    maybe the reason they dont bother training you at all is because people hate working here and quit so fast that they think its a waste of time to bother train anyone properly because no one will stick around
    no health care- isn't that illegal?
    family execs care more about their stupid ridiculous designer outfits (leopard print skin tight pants? leather shirts?) and designer heels than any real work or leadership. it's like they're pretend playing fake Corporate Barbie Dress Up than actually running a real company.

Advice to Management

have meetings
    work on employee retention- do you even care that it's a revolving door?
    communicate with your employees
    don't make it such an us vs them atmosphere
    hire and promote people other than your family
    needs more male managers and male employees

Interesting work

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment
    Interesting work
    Challenging problems to solve
    Good grounded people
    Lots to learn

Cons

Very system driven so you need to pay attention to details.

Advice to Management

Keep up with pushing all the refinements, processes.

Rewarding job

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job is perfect if you want to help people. You get to make a difference and impact someone's life, just by giving them a phone call. The management is very supportive, and more than willing to listen to feedback and new ideas. Flexible hours and time off. Stable hours and work schedule. You get free sodas/snacks and the company buys lunch about once a week. The moral around the office has gotten so much better. The disgruntled employees have left, for the most part. Almost everyone in the office is happy to be there and the tension is now gone. Amazing how a few negative people can contaminate the workplace. All companies have ups and downs. Things are defiantly looking up now.

Cons

It does seem like all the upper management positions are filled by family members and friends. But, even with that said, they are all very nice. Hopefully as the company grows and continues to expand, there will be more promotions available for non family members.

Also, there is no sick time, vacation, or health benefits for hourly employees. Hoping that eventually changes because we work hard and it's nice to be rewarded with benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It is exciting to work for a company with so much potential. All of our hard work will eventually pay off.

Truth about MedExpert

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I will stay at Medexpert for a long time. I personally have handled cases where I have gotten letter in the mail saying I saved a members life. I worked at for an insurance company call center before coming to MedExpert and here I am treated with a lot more respect, have a voice, and can approach management.

Cons

The few employees who bring moral down. No one likes a tattle tale but luckily they are beginning to expose themselves and management will see the truth. The unhappy employees will be unhappy where ever they go and left their previous job because they were pissed off with management.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. We are making a difference and I go home feeling good every night.

If you want to make a difference, this is the place for you.

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love MedExpert. I love what the company stands for and I have yet to be a part of a company that holds more true to their mission and goals than this one.

I am extremely thankful for all that management provides constantly. On a silly perk note, we have lunch provided at least every other week (I think it's actually every week, but don't want to exaggerate), snacks and beverages. The facility is always clean, temperature moderated, and located next to a ton of food options (downtown Redwood CIty has really turned into a wonderful place).

Most importantly to note, I am treated with respect from management (and other employees), and they have created an environment in which I can truly help other people. If you are someone who treats other people well, works hard and wants to make a difference, then this is the place for you.

This type of website usually gets filled with negative reviews because, let's be honest, someone who is upset and angry is more likely to find an outlet for their frustration than someone who is happy with their situation. This is why I'm glad to have discovered this site so that I can write down what most of the people I work with actually think... that this is a great place to work and it is filled with great people.

Cons

If you are someone who just wants to punch a clock and physically be at work without turning on your energy then this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Please, please understand that most of the people working for you love it. They want to see this company succeed and those that think otherwise may just not fully understand how valuable a company this is. Thank you for all that you do.

Leading The Future

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm not going to lie. There are a lot of ex disgruntled employees on here ripping on MedExpert and I would like to add my two cents.
    Their quality of work is so tremendously high that they also hold every. single. employee to their highest capability. I have been working here for 5 years. I have seen employees go in and out. It's sad how manipulative and lazy our society has come that MedExpert has been forced to up their security and safety of the company due to bad apples. This company has almost seen it all and it's an incredible testament their perseverance that they are becoming stronger day by day.
    It's an honor to be apart of this company, I love the employees, the management, and the overall work atmosphere. I love the Hiller family, each member has something incredible to offer and they are always willing to help and listen. Cutest girls ever! Also the sweetest service dogs I've ever seen.

We are apart of something so great that we are breaking through with new findings and providing new capabilities.

I truly believe that the most limit pushing discoveries are those that receive most ridicule. Once they succeed, everyone cannot wait to be apart of the change. This is what MedExpert is.

Cons

Yes, we don't get our cellphones during work ( meaning we actually are forced to focus instead of hide the phones under our desks like children). That is really not that terrible. I actually really like not being addicted to my phone!!
    Have to clock out to use the restroom? It wasn't always this way, but like I said, too many people tried to cheat the system so now we take 5 minutes tops to do our business and get back to work.

Advice to Management

I think the world will be thanking YOU some day.

MIC

Current Employee - MIC in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free drinks, lunches a few times a week, AT TIMES help people who need a second opinion from a doctor, and flexible hours only because they don't believe in sick pay, personal time off, or holiday pay. OK job if you're desperate and need cash, student, or need a job ASAP while looking for a CAREER. It's an easy job, no thinking required.

Cons

POSITIVE REVIEWS ARE POSTED BY COMPANY OWNERS!

Since it's a family owned company, there is very small chance to move up in the company. This is a big family, don't count on a promotion. The attitude from the owners is "you don't like it, get out." Directors will steal your ideas and pass them off as their own. Boring job, same calls day in day out. You never know what to expect when you come in the door each day. I spoke to many people, sick people with sick children, who lost their insurance due to the contract this company has set up with various unions and other company's. A lot of lies and cover- up's. Again, the positive reviews on here are posted by the company owners- so obvious!

Advice to Management

They won't listen, why bother? Stop being shady and stop posting positive reviews. How do you sleep at night doing what you do?

It's a joke

I worked at MedExpert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hourly rate was fair
    Bonuses where new clients were signed up

Cons

-no medical insurance, PTO only for salaried employees
    -screamed at on the regular by owners
    -treat their employees terribly, no matter what department
    -revolving door of employees
    -employees didn't earn air conditioning for several years, were forced to work in an old airplane hangar with swamp coolers
    -by far the worst job I've ever had

Advice to Management

Be careful. The amount of employee rights that you deny will catch up with you

They helped my mom and now I fully understand why I love MedExpert

Current Employee - Medical Case Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Case Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at MedExpert for more than 4 years. I kind of knew what we did, but really didn't appreciate the company until my mother had a medical problem that was going south fast. I had to travel home and was offered that MedExpert provide my mother with help. My mother liked her doctors and I thought that maybe my stubborn mom wouldn't accept MedExpert's help. I was floored. My mother said that the people at MedExpert are "the most thoughtful people ever." She said that the doctors and her case manager called her regularly, set up her appointments, kept her informed with all the latest information, explained all the information, explained my mom's medical records to her, helped my mom make decisions every step of the way. The MedExpert doctors and case manager always were kind, listened and my mom never felt pushed. My mom said that in the confusing world of medicine "MedExpert is a breath of fresh air."

My mom is happy, living by herself, able to drive to the store and go shopping for food and go visit with her friends. My mom's illness was threatening all of that.

My mom's case manager continues to check in with my mom and just say hello.

I know we all work very hard at MedExpert and the standards for security are high. I use to be annoyed about having to keep my cell phone off the floor but now that my mom has been one of the patients, I get it. I know my mom could talk freely and never fear that someone is mishandling her information.

When it is personal, when it hits your own family, you really appreciate how sophisticated the systems are to help. I know we spend a lot and lot of time on the phones but now I think that each one of these calls could be my mom and it gives me a sense of calm.

The executives of this company really care. If you have a problem you can go to them. They are very discreet and never make a public display of their generosity. They have been in business for more than 30 years and they may not put up with young people's antics but they remain focused on patients.

The executives are very loyal to the employees. They treat the facility managers with the same respect as the senior execs. All you have to do to get along with the executives is put in an honest day's effort. They always understand family issues. MedExpert has engineers who have recently had babies and they are accommodating to young father and mother schedules.

Mistakes are understood if they surface immediately. Mistakes that are hidden are disapproved.

MedExpert is a very transparent organization. If you work hard and are honest you NEVER have a problem with anyone in the company. If you waste a lot of time, hide mistakes, or try to cheat the system, then you have issues.

Cons

Plan on working. This is not a place that likes time wasting.

Advice to Management

Recently we had a wonderful summer barbeque at a local hillside park. Our family LOVED IT! The entire executive team cooked hamburgers and hotdogs for us, served us, played with our children and enjoyed our friendship. My family loved how "down home" everyone really is. PLEASE have more of these!!! :)