MedExpert Reviews

Jeffrey Hiller

1. Work and School

Current Employee - MIC
    Current Employee - MIC

I have been working at MedExpert part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I get to work and go to school without feeling like my employer doesn't value me bettering myself. Flexible hours. Awesome co-workers in other departments. Good incentives. Always feel like I am helping others and making a difference in their lives.

Cons

The amount of drama on the floor is annoying but every call center has these issues becuase they have nothing else to talk.

Advice to Management

Provide full benefits. Get rid of people you think are causing p[roblems becuase you are probably right.

2. Good Place to Grow

Former Employee - Receptionist in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Redwood City, CA

I worked at MedExpert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned it is always better to say I do not know that to pretend I do. I worked directly for the CEO the majority of the time and he was very nice about explaining things to be the first time. I was expected to learn the first time and ask questions the first time to be able to do it on my own from then on. I got a lot of great experience by working for the CEO and being at the front desk. My duties ended up being a lot more than just answering the phone and doing random small tasks. The CEO was not quick to trust me but once he did I knew I had become a better more successful employee. It is a fast passed environment. Lots of moving parts and if I had not had to move away I would have never left.

Cons

When I came on board my job requirments were limited. They kept expanding but I would have wanted more in writing. Although they were very good about giving raises as i gained moe responsibily

Advice to Management

Give more details about job responsibilities

3. View into the healthcare industry

Current Employee - Case Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Started working at Medexpert a year after graduating high school. I knew I wanted to do something in healthcare, but didn't know quite what to do. Since working here I have been shown how many different avenues there are in this field, not just being a nurse or medical assistant. In time with the company I hope to decide which route to go.

Cons

Would be nice to have printed material on all programs MedExpert runs. This way I can review in between calls.

Advice to Management

Please try and give us notifications ASAP regarding any changes to the program's we help our clients run.

5. Going to get my degree and going back

Current Employee - MIC in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert part-time

Pros

I have a voice. I am expected and allowed to think for myself. Going to RN school so only working part time. Get more reward out of my day here than anywhere I have been. I have always been interested in medicine and it is the perfect place. Instead of billing people it is a free service and we actually help and do the right things.

Cons

Need to be self motivated because management just expects you to do your job and stays out of your way.

Advice to Management

Expect everyone to hit their numbers and not skate thru.

6. Sharpens your critical thinking skills

I worked at MedExpert full-time

Pros

I joined MedExpert as a recent RN graduate. I was unsure if I wanted to work in a clinical setting or in a health advocate setting. MedExpert was the perfect place for me to " get my feet wet". I committed to MedExpert for a year to gain experience communicating with patients in a different setting. Communicating with a patient over the phone is a lot different than communicating face to face. You have to take the time to listen to the words the patients are using to express their concerns, without (of course) being able to see them face to face and assess their body language. In my year with the company I was able to sharpen my critical thinking skills and assess a patient's situation to make sure the correct course of action was taken next. Being on the phones with patients, experiencing different situations really gives you the opportunity to think on your feet. MedExpert supported me in my decision to pursue my nursing career in a clinical setting and I am thankful for the unique opportunity I had with the company.

Cons

Add a phone tree to your phone lines. This way patients can possibly choose if their call is regarding, benefits, surveys, health coaching advice or medical situation. This could possibly allow for calls regarding health coaching or medical situations be routed to an RN immediately, instead of us being caught on a call completing a survey.

Advice to Management

Continue taking RN's to different health fair events. Its nice to get out of the office and meet the patients we speak to on the phone.

7. Brand new and love it

Current Employee - MIC in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time

Pros

Love it here. Just came on- have a family member who works here. She has been for a long time and now I am here. Started making calls quickly and very rewarding.

Cons

Working with patients can be taxing. More breaks or longer breaks would be nice.

Advice to Management

Offer more kinds of beverages and snack food.

8. Help patients and steady income

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, easy work, makes a difference in people's lives. Understanding of life outside of work. Gave me time off and guaranteed my job when I could return after a family emergency.

Cons

MIC's not being self motivated.

Advice to Management

Terminate destructive employees.

9. Where I'll be

Current Employee - MIC- RN in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - MIC- RN in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I will be here for a while and do not plan on leaving. I heard rumor of an internet site where people have been bashing the company. When I go to dinner I only write a review when I have had an awful meal or bitter. I don't write when things go well. This is the same. People need to understand that the people that left were toxic individuals that will get hired someplace else and write the same things when they get fired from the next place. Wow. I can not believe this is how people think they are constructive. There is a lot of freedom. I came from an AT&T call center where I had no flexibly and I was just one of a thousand. If you did not meet your numbers you were fired on the spot. MedExpert creates so many ways to be successful that they create different requirements so you can shine. I wont be leaving here and I know my co-workers are not going anywhere either. Last week I received a hand written letter from a patient saying how I saved her life by getting her into the right hands. My co worker was sent $20 for a lunch from a patient as a thank you (they had to send the money back but employee was compensated). Fare people. Fare management. Fare work environment. Huge reward. Huge pay off.

Cons

Hopefully you can offer full benefits soon but after research what you offer may be more beneficial because nothing comes out of my paycheck

Advice to Management

Listen to your gut. Get rid of the bad. Keep incentivizing the good.

A Chance to Be A positive influence

Current Employee - Medical Professional in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Professional in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert (More than 5 years)

Pros

A couple of days ago I received a letter from a patient that I had worked with. He wanted to quit smoking but didn't know how. We worked out a plan and we are executing that plan. The information we sent to him was leading world literature, but the freedom I have to spend the time to work with him is fantastic. He now wants us to help a family member of his who has more pressing issues. This mix of technology and relaxed discussion makes a difference. If I can even just help one person at a time, I am fulfilled.

Cons

When you are dealing with individuals' medical issues all day, you also get tired. But that is why we went into this profession.

Advice to Management

Thank you.

11. Medical Information Director

Former Employee - MIC
    Former Employee - MIC

I worked at MedExpert part-time

Pros

I made more of a difference in peoples lives with MedExpert than I did in the hospitals. Being able to work so closely with state of the art technology that provides me information to help peoples lives is the most rewarding job I have ever had. Everyday I enjoy going to work and working with the patients. I would receive handwritten notes, emails, and phone calls with praise after the doctors they saw in the hospitals couldn't figure out what was wrong with them.

Cons

Being a doctor I was not great with computers. It took me a little bit of time to learn the systems not because they are complex but because I am not very computer savvy.

Advice to Management

You have created a system that has the ability to change the way the world views healthcare. Keep growing and doing what you are.

RSS Feed </> Embed