MedExpert

Add Photos

Jeffrey Hiller

They helped my mom and now I fully understand why I love MedExpert

Medical Case Manager (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsI have been working at MedExpert for more than 4 years. I kind of knew what we did, but really didn't appreciate the company until my mother had a medical problem that was going south fast. I had to travel home and was offered that MedExpert provide my mother with help. My mother liked her doctors and I thought that maybe my stubborn mom wouldn't accept MedExpert's help. I was floored. My mother said that the people at MedExpert are "the most thoughtful people ever." She said that the doctors and her case manager called her regularly, set up her appointments, kept her informed with all the latest information, explained all the information, explained my mom's medical records to her, helped my mom make decisions every step of the way. The MedExpert doctors and case manager always were kind, listened and my mom never felt pushed. My mom said that in the confusing world of medicine "MedExpert is a breath of fresh air."

My mom is happy, living by herself, able to drive to the store and go shopping for food and go visit with her friends. My mom's illness was threatening all of that.

My mom's case manager continues to check in with my mom and just say hello.

I know we all work very hard at MedExpert and the standards for security are high. I use to be annoyed about having to keep my cell phone off the floor but now that my mom has been one of the patients, I get it. I know my mom could talk freely and never fear that someone is mishandling her information.

When it is personal, when it hits your own family, you really appreciate how sophisticated the systems are to help. I know we spend a lot and lot of time on the phones but now I think that each one of these calls could be my mom and it gives me a sense of calm.

The executives of this company really care. If you have a problem you can go to them. They are very discreet and never make a public display of their generosity. They have been in business for more than 30 years and they may not put up with young people's antics but they remain focused on patients.

The executives are very loyal to the employees. They treat the facility managers with the same respect as the senior execs. All you have to do to get along with the executives is put in an honest day's effort. They always understand family issues. MedExpert has engineers who have recently had babies and they are accommodating to young father and mother schedules.

Mistakes are understood if they surface immediately. Mistakes that are hidden are disapproved.

MedExpert is a very transparent organization. If you work hard and are honest you NEVER have a problem with anyone in the company. If you waste a lot of time, hide mistakes, or try to cheat the system, then you have issues.

ConsPlan on working. This is not a place that likes time wasting.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecently we had a wonderful summer barbeque at a local hillside park. Our family LOVED IT! The entire executive team cooked hamburgers and hotdogs for us, served us, played with our children and enjoyed our friendship. My family loved how "down home" everyone really is. PLEASE have more of these!!! :)

Run away!!!!

MIC (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsFree drinks? Greasy pizza once a month? Some clients do actually receive some help, don't think lives have been saved- that is their dirty little lie.

Cons-Total chaos!
    -Under educated and under qualified "directors" that MAKE NO SENSE.
    -Recently, a lot of employees left due to the disorganization and mismanagement. There are constantly new people being hired as others are on their way out the door.
    -It actually makes no sense to me how a company would ever survive or be run this way? They treat people like animals. They do not care! Give one day notice, and it's totally fine.
    -Their program is always crashing, actually I heard that a few months ago that the "amazing" phone system started calling old people at 3:00 am and all throughout the night LOL that is what you get for being CHEAP!
    -The only positive comments on here are from the owners or they forced the usual people that have been with the company 5+ years because those people are scared and will no whatever the owners want.
    -No health insurance. This place is supposed to be making people healthier, yet they offer no insurance- cheap!

Advice to Senior ManagementWe know you're rich, and you think you're better than the next. Get over yourself! That is why people keep leaving, and the people who stay HAVE NO CHOICE!

Stop posting positive comments, it's so obvious it's you! Instead, focus on training your "director" on how to lead.

Terrible company go some where else save yourself headache

Anonymous (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsFree drink and forget about anything else

ConsManagement issue fake reviews to Glassdoor with attempt to improve rankings. No benefits of health for medical company.

They fight not to pay unemployment benefits to you, they rather use indefinite leave of absence when they fire you and fight you in court if you sue.

Monthly management forcing you to move desk. The workers become friendly with each other, management become very afraid. If you say no you do not want to move they say you have no choice. They remove cubicle from building as excuse when you force to move.

They not allow you have cell phones in the workplace, but I read the employee handbook and the employee handbook say you can have cell phone but on vibrate. Management staff fear of being target. Duh! Of course you are.

Management say importance on security because they a medical clearing house, but security actually least of worries. I afraid every day of HHC and HIPPA because my knowledge I may be responsible.

Internal application break every day. I was told it was because of no software testing. Why client do business with no software testing make no sense to me when sensitive medical data is stored on MedExpert system. The very near future, every engineer will leave MedExpert they already tell me and it become very impossible to support to us.

Very high rate of employee leave within 12 months. Each employee I speak to find a new job right now. They hire recruitment but no one want to take job because they read Glassdoor review.

HR and project management unqualified but they continue put employee into these positions with no degree for position.

Management swear at employee loud every day but tell us treat every customer nice. They treat employee like slave working in MedExpert labor camp who get less respect then there dogs.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou understand Glassdoor important so instead write fake review you should not mislead public people and read negative criticism and turn into positive.

No benefits of health is nonsense because MedExpert is not start up. MedExpert is more then 10 years old. You can not say it is start up. You need provide better life for employee family and employees with benefits of health. Are you that cheap to not afford benefits of health?

Micro-management is sad and why company not rise to level you expect. How will you hire engineer? They all tell me they leave before year end and no one want work here because public people read Glassdoor review.

The software already crumble in current condition. If you think you meet expanding population you try to get, you are very wrong. You never get there because of many reasons.

It time to get your act together.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Medical Treatment Coordinator

Medical Coordinator (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsPros: Schedule Mon- Fri, casual dress

ConsCons:
    - Projects are very unorganized that at first have a goal, however always fall apart because they never listen to their team or employees
    -There is an okay group of coworkers however management is horrible...it consist of a family (These people are pretty wealthy and treat people who are not as wealthy as them as insignificant bugs)
    -They do not care about their employees and they can keep a pretty good facade up about how much they do. However when they cannot suck you dry anymore and do not care to train or move you up. They will treat you worse than their pets dogs they bring in the office everyday.
    They are a health company, however they do not have any healthcare benefits, no sick days, no vacation, no paid time off, and they offer tons of soda and gatorade to slowly poison you. Like crack in a slave shop to keep us working.
    - They make you clock out when you want to use the restroom (Illegal)
    -They cheat you of your time
    - They are constantly saying because there is Personal Health Information that you cannot use your phone inside the building. However they are constantly on their phones.
    -Immediately when I was hired, tons of employee had quit their jobs (warning sign)
    -High turnover
    -They cuss and scream and demean their employees
    -The HR even left the company
    -They lie to the government about the work they are doing there
    -they use their lower management as pawns to do the dirty work
    - they do not treat people with respect at all
    - the company has been around almost 10 years and still doesn't have it together
    -only work here if you really really really need the money and if you can find another place in 3 months. I dont think you will be able to take much more.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is better to treat your employee's with respect and to give them opportunities. That way you employees will want to work for you and the company will succeed. At this point most employees are just working for a paycheck and are actively looking for another position. Get HR and do not manipulate them either, they are their to support your employees. Respect the laws or else you could be sued sooner or later and then you will have no company at all. I am now at a biopharmaceutical company that treats employee with so much respect and encourages innovation, originality, development, discover. Provides employees with all benefits and more, tons of healthy food and free health snacks (whole foods status) and cooked breakfast and lunch in a beautiful cafeteria. We are never micromanaged and can go to the bathroom as many times as we please. We also have internet and are able to have phones and food at our desk.

Get your foot in the door with a quickly growing company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProjects are interesting and always have new ones. Good group of colleagues and a management team that truly cares about employees and the companies future. Great work environment with the CEO and upper management being active enough to address everyone by name. Drinks always stocked and lunches provided.

ConsI really enjoyed my time at the company. Only con could be that while they are growing they haven't yet offered full benefits but most young companies don't. They do offer a wellness program that helps cover your insurance costs

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue strong relationship with all employees. Do not give cancerous employees the opportunity to have second and third chances to poison your great culture.

MUST READ!!! Bad Experience at Medexpert.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsFree soda. Oh, don't drink too much, you have to clock out for using restrooms.

ConsFrom professional perspective:
    1, Projects are not interesting, they don't use any new technologies, and the engineering team manager doesn't know Engineering at all!!! Can you imagine that?
    2, The management told engineers ' hey, don't waste your time on testing your code, we don't need it'. After they will come back and yell that why bugs are there!!!
    3, As an engineer, you can not utilize your skills and education background, because some non-engineer people will tell you how to write your code.
    4, There is a time, all engineers left the company. So now, all new hired engineers have less than 16 months experience in this company.
    5, If you are a junior, don't expect learning anything from this company, they have only ONE senior engineer.
    6, If you are a senior, you can find a job easily in valley, why waste your time here?

From company culture:
    1, I heard CEO says that "F" word everyday to his employees. Again, can you imagine that?
    2, Camera are hanging on your head, so don't pick your nose, people can see you.
    3, NO personal cellphones, NO personal bags, NO food on your desk.
    4, Don't use your computer to check tech news, it's not allowed and your computer is monitored.
    5, Don't say anything in the company, the management force some people to be informer.
    6, The job is not stable, they fire you or change your job status every minute they want without any benefits..
    7, Oops, all HR left, I think they know the CA labor code better, and they don't want to against the law.

Summery:
    It's a family owned company, all management are family members. The only rule to survive in this company is kiss this family's ass.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou don't want your employees to against you, then respect them.
    You want your system more robust, do it yourself OR listen to your employee and respect them.
    You want to grow your company, stop lying and get a better reputation.
    You think people will work harder if you monitor their computers and put cameras on their heads, You really think so?
    Engineers can put a bug in your code, and make the system crash at a specified time. They didn't because they have humanity, so please treat them like a human!
    You said you wanna help poor people, they why not start from respecting your own employees.

Stop lying to the government.
    Stop lying to your interviewee.
    Stop lying to the labor union.
    Stop lying to the Glassdoor reviewers.
    Stop Lying!!!

Don't waste your time

MIC (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

Prosfree soda and occasional pizza, of course the cheapest out there- pizza hut

Cons*major disorganization *awful management *owners are rude and always breathing down your neck *you'll be treated like you're in kindergarden, no respect *no medical benefits, paid time off, or sick leave, they act like they're doing you a favor by offering a wellness contribution towards your insurance, which equals $60 per month *there is no room for growth, don't believe them at the interview if they tell you there is growth potential *you'll just end up calling old people and harassing them to speak with one of the doctors *everyone hates their job there and most people are actively looking for jobs elsewhere *shady doesn't begin to describe this place *if you're desperate take the job, but keep looking *micromanagement is a light word compared to what goes on there *people have been there 3+ years doing the same thing, no variation or promotions

Advice to Senior Managementyou will never get anywhere, you're the lowest of lows- you treat your dogs better than your employees that work hard for you.

medical information coordinator

(Former Employee)

Prosnothing good comes to mind, maybe that their cheap and broken down office is close to target?

Cons-you'll have to clock out when you need to urinate
    -rude owners that think they're better than Obama
    -lies, lies, and LIES!
    -claim they save lives...
    -they lie to government officials about their success so they can get more funding
    -family business, they only promote and hire family for higher management positions
    -no medical benefits, they're a "medical company" so you would think they would take care of their own people
    -sooooo cheap
    -they hire trashy people with no manners
    -cheap and unpredictable software with so many bugs
    -bad news!
    -owners don't care about employees
    -just a telemarketing job no room for growth
    - high turnover
    -horrible software
    -horrible phone system
    -no structure, owners will yell at employees in front of entire office
    -just an overall terrible environment and the location of the office doesn't help- in the trashiest area!

Advice to Senior Managementstop lying to people! stop acting like rich stuck up people, you're not better than anybody. you take union employees medical insurance away with sick families- you should be ashamed.

Tough place to work

Medical Coordinator (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsNone that I can say

ConsLots of hope when I first started but quickly realized this company was different. Management is a total train wreck and they swear loud all the time even at times at the employees so uncomfortable when I working there. No health benefits and way too many do's and dont's. Every company even smaller ones then this employer offer health benefits. They are just too cheap to offer it to you but walk around bragging about how many people they helped save lives.

I was never allowed to have my phone at work because they say its the law but management walks around with phones all day. Not only management, but I also saw engineers and maintenance guys using and talking on their phones. They use the law excuse every time they don't want you to do or have something but then they break every law for themselves and your locker is subject to random searches.

No food at your desk and you are required to clock out just to use the bathroom. Is that even legal? Every where you go in the building, you have to swipe your badge and if you forgot to swipe going one way... well guess what... your locked out and have to find someone to help you open the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementI've worked for much smaller companies and they all offered benefits and medical. Stop being so cheap. I left this company and went to a competitor that offers health benefits. Just offer health benefits and treat your employees like humans. We have feelings that you need to think about and not just about yourself and how you can save a dollar.

information coordinator

Engineer (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

Prosgood pay, stable hours, no weekends, and employees are awesome and helpful

Conswhere do i start with the cons, they lead a sense of false hope management acts as if they care in the interview but when you actually start your treated worse than her dog. They are rude and expect so much and give you so little. Employees all hate their job but love their coworkers. The management tries to break up ties with co workers.

My friend started and in two days was fired after she moved from another state for the job because they weren't ready to hire people after she signed hired papers.

Advice to Senior Managementconsider taking your head out your butts and care for your hard working employees and stop delivering a false sense of hope to new hires.

Worked for MedExpert? Contribute to the Community!