MedExpert Reviews

Jeffrey Hiller

1. View into the healthcare industry

Current Employee - Case Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Started working at Medexpert a year after graduating high school. I knew I wanted to do something in healthcare, but didn't know quite what to do. Since working here I have been shown how many different avenues there are in this field, not just being a nurse or medical assistant. In time with the company I hope to decide which route to go.

Cons

Would be nice to have printed material on all programs MedExpert runs. This way I can review in between calls.

Advice to Management

Please try and give us notifications ASAP regarding any changes to the program's we help our clients run.

Management

I worked at MedExpert full-time

Pros

Nice welcoming family. Great cause.

Cons

could use a little more structure.

Advice to Management

Last minute decisions are always a good deal.

3. Sharpens your critical thinking skills

I worked at MedExpert full-time

Pros

I joined MedExpert as a recent RN graduate. I was unsure if I wanted to work in a clinical setting or in a health advocate setting. MedExpert was the perfect place for me to " get my feet wet". I committed to MedExpert for a year to gain experience communicating with patients in a different setting. Communicating with a patient over the phone is a lot different than communicating face to face. You have to take the time to listen to the words the patients are using to express their concerns, without (of course) being able to see them face to face and assess their body language. In my year with the company I was able to sharpen my critical thinking skills and assess a patient's situation to make sure the correct course of action was taken next. Being on the phones with patients, experiencing different situations really gives you the opportunity to think on your feet. MedExpert supported me in my decision to pursue my nursing career in a clinical setting and I am thankful for the unique opportunity I had with the company.

Cons

Add a phone tree to your phone lines. This way patients can possibly choose if their call is regarding, benefits, surveys, health coaching advice or medical situation. This could possibly allow for calls regarding health coaching or medical situations be routed to an RN immediately, instead of us being caught on a call completing a survey.

Advice to Management

Continue taking RN's to different health fair events. Its nice to get out of the office and meet the patients we speak to on the phone.

A Chance to Be A positive influence

Current Employee - Medical Professional in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Professional in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert (More than 5 years)

Pros

A couple of days ago I received a letter from a patient that I had worked with. He wanted to quit smoking but didn't know how. We worked out a plan and we are executing that plan. The information we sent to him was leading world literature, but the freedom I have to spend the time to work with him is fantastic. He now wants us to help a family member of his who has more pressing issues. This mix of technology and relaxed discussion makes a difference. If I can even just help one person at a time, I am fulfilled.

Cons

When you are dealing with individuals' medical issues all day, you also get tired. But that is why we went into this profession.

Advice to Management

Thank you.

Awful place to work

Former Employee - MIC/RN
    Former Employee - MIC/RN

I worked at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The doctors are very nice! That's about it.

Cons

Well since my previous review was removed for no reason... here goes! I will keep posting reviews and I'm sure for every negative review that gets posted, a positive review will pop- up from the owners. Very classy! The RN's that work there cannot handle the real world of nursing so they work there in a call center doing nothing with their lives. Clients have to participate in a "wellness" program or else they will lose insurance. Families with ill children are affected, it's disgusting what this family will do to make a buck. Questionable employees with questionable backgrounds, I'll leave that one to your imagination. Can't give too much detail otherwise my review will get removed. Toxic environment with owners screaming at people and laughing about it later. Awful! I am so glad I quit without notice because they don't deserve any courtesy. Horrible technology that constantly crashes, then, you get yelled at for not working. NO chance for promotion because they hire family members for management positions.

Advice to Management

Keep posting positive reviews owners and "managers." It's assuming to read because all your positive reviews sound the same. If you need to earn a buck people then work there but look for a real job on the side.

Lies upon lies

Former Employee - MIC in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - MIC in Redwood City, CA

I worked at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were friendly and they were the only reason I had a decent 10 mins per day there Not sure if free sodas are a considered a pro And for the time I was there we got lunch 3 times...i dont know why people keep saying they get lunch once a week-must be the management writing these oh so positive reviews. The only reason nurses are there is because they hate nursing and couldn't make it in the real world of nursing

Cons

Revolving door So many employees quit and left the 'boxes' full of clients, no one bothered to check in on them. Management is all family and personal friends, don't ever think you'll get promoted no matter how hard you work Supposed to receive a bonus after 3 months but instead you get called in and nothing but negative feedback during your evaluation (to the point where 'you took too many bathroom breaks on day X therefore you didn't work hard enough') Been 10 years and still calling themselves a start up, they need to learn that they will never be successful

Advice to Management

Go home and stop pretending to help people

8. Nurse / MD

Current Employee - RN
    Current Employee - RN

Pros

The unique design of MedExpert creates a platform where you can help patients by actually talking to them to find a direction or solution. There is no doubt in my mind that all nurses/MDs went into that field because they want to be able to help, but in the traditional doctor's offices etc. there was no time to really converse face to face with each person because there were so many people to see. This company has mastered the scenario in which you can work with each patient for the amount of time they deserve.

Cons

The technical system is a bit tricky to learn. I would ramp up the training to help people in those beginning weeks and months to be as proficient as fast as possible.

Advice to Management

We constantly get feedback and letters from patients, I think if it's possible we should share those stories because it is a team effort if there is a success.

Rewarding job

Current Employee - Medical Information Coordinator in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Information Coordinator in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job is perfect if you want to help people. You get to make a difference and impact someone's life, just by giving them a phone call. The management is very supportive, and more than willing to listen to feedback and new ideas. Flexible hours and time off. Stable hours and work schedule. You get free sodas/snacks and the company buys lunch about once a week. The moral around the office has gotten so much better. The disgruntled employees have left, for the most part. Almost everyone in the office is happy to be there and the tension is now gone. Amazing how a few negative people can contaminate the workplace. All companies have ups and downs. Things are defiantly looking up now.

Cons

It does seem like all the upper management positions are filled by family members and friends. But, even with that said, they are all very nice. Hopefully as the company grows and continues to expand, there will be more promotions available for non family members. Also, there is no sick time, vacation, or health benefits for hourly employees. Hoping that eventually changes because we work hard and it's nice to be rewarded with benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It is exciting to work for a company with so much potential. All of our hard work will eventually pay off.

If you want to make a difference, this is the place for you.

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love MedExpert. I love what the company stands for and I have yet to be a part of a company that holds more true to their mission and goals than this one. I am extremely thankful for all that management provides constantly. On a silly perk note, we have lunch provided at least every other week (I think it's actually every week, but don't want to exaggerate), snacks and beverages. The facility is always clean, temperature moderated, and located next to a ton of food options (downtown Redwood CIty has really turned into a wonderful place). Most importantly to note, I am treated with respect from management (and other employees), and they have created an environment in which I can truly help other people. If you are someone who treats other people well, works hard and wants to make a difference, then this is the place for you. This type of website usually gets filled with negative reviews because, let's be honest, someone who is upset and angry is more likely to find an outlet for their frustration than someone who is happy with their situation. This is why I'm glad to have discovered this site so that I can write down what most of the people I work with actually think... that this is a great place to work and it is filled with great people.

Cons

If you are someone who just wants to punch a clock and physically be at work without turning on your energy then this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Please, please understand that most of the people working for you love it. They want to see this company succeed and those that think otherwise may just not fully understand how valuable a company this is. Thank you for all that you do.

Leading The Future

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm not going to lie. There are a lot of ex disgruntled employees on here ripping on MedExpert and I would like to add my two cents. Their quality of work is so tremendously high that they also hold every. single. employee to their highest capability. I have been working here for 5 years. I have seen employees go in and out. It's sad how manipulative and lazy our society has come that MedExpert has been forced to up their security and safety of the company due to bad apples. This company has almost seen it all and it's an incredible testament their perseverance that they are becoming stronger day by day. It's an honor to be apart of this company, I love the employees, the management, and the overall work atmosphere. I love the Hiller family, each member has something incredible to offer and they are always willing to help and listen. Cutest girls ever! Also the sweetest service dogs I've ever seen. We are apart of something so great that we are breaking through with new findings and providing new capabilities. I truly believe that the most limit pushing discoveries are those that receive most ridicule. Once they succeed, everyone cannot wait to be apart of the change. This is what MedExpert is.

Cons

Yes, we don't get our cellphones during work ( meaning we actually are forced to focus instead of hide the phones under our desks like children). That is really not that terrible. I actually really like not being addicted to my phone!! Have to clock out to use the restroom? It wasn't always this way, but like I said, too many people tried to cheat the system so now we take 5 minutes tops to do our business and get back to work.

Advice to Management

I think the world will be thanking YOU some day.

RSS Feed </> Embed