MedExpert Reviews

Jeffrey Hiller

1. A Chance to Be A positive influence

Current Employee - Medical Professional in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Professional in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert (More than 5 years)

Pros

A couple of days ago I received a letter from a patient that I had worked with. He wanted to quit smoking but didn't know how. We worked out a plan and we are executing that plan. The information we sent to him was leading world literature, but the freedom I have to spend the time to work with him is fantastic. He now wants us to help a family member of his who has more pressing issues.

This mix of technology and relaxed discussion makes a difference. If I can even just help one person at a time, I am fulfilled.

Cons

When you are dealing with individuals' medical issues all day, you also get tired. But that is why we went into this profession.

Advice to Management

Thank you.

2. Medical Information Director

Former Employee - MIC
    Former Employee - MIC

I worked at MedExpert part-time

Pros

I made more of a difference in peoples lives with MedExpert than I did in the hospitals. Being able to work so closely with state of the art technology that provides me information to help peoples lives is the most rewarding job I have ever had. Everyday I enjoy going to work and working with the patients. I would receive handwritten notes, emails, and phone calls with praise after the doctors they saw in the hospitals couldn't figure out what was wrong with them.

Cons

Being a doctor I was not great with computers. It took me a little bit of time to learn the systems not because they are complex but because I am not very computer savvy.

Advice to Management

You have created a system that has the ability to change the way the world views healthcare. Keep growing and doing what you are.

3. Awful place to work

Former Employee - MIC/RN
    Former Employee - MIC/RN

I worked at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The doctors are very nice! That's about it.

Cons

Well since my previous review was removed for no reason... here goes! I will keep posting reviews and I'm sure for every negative review that gets posted, a positive review will pop- up from the owners. Very classy!
    The RN's that work there cannot handle the real world of nursing so they work there in a call center doing nothing with their lives.
    Clients have to participate in a "wellness" program or else they will lose insurance. Families with ill children are affected, it's disgusting what this family will do to make a buck.
    Questionable employees with questionable backgrounds, I'll leave that one to your imagination. Can't give too much detail otherwise my review will get removed.
    Toxic environment with owners screaming at people and laughing about it later. Awful!
    I am so glad I quit without notice because they don't deserve any courtesy.
    Horrible technology that constantly crashes, then, you get yelled at for not working.
    NO chance for promotion because they hire family members for management positions.

Advice to Management

Keep posting positive reviews owners and "managers." It's assuming to read because all your positive reviews sound the same.
    If you need to earn a buck people then work there but look for a real job on the side.

Malignant Atmophere - Nurses avoid at all costs

Current Employee - Nurse in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Nurse in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are zero pros of working as an RN or medical coordinator here.

It's glaringly obvious all positive reviews have written by company owners and middle managers. All positive reviews have identical syntax and phrasing. "Keep doing what you're doing?" "keep pushing the systems, processes" "ramp up the technical systems" cmon, give me a break. No employee would actually write something like that.

If you're considering accepting a position at MedExpert, read through all the glassdoor reviews and focus on the bad experiences. They will tell you a lot about the sketchy practices and shady history of this unethical company.

My biggest pro was the day I left and got a job at a non-fake, non-unethical, real company that offers health insurance. Sayanora MedExpert, working at your company really sucked!

Cons

CEO goes on swearing rampages and storms around office, causing terrorized employees to cower in their cubes.

No healthcare, no benefits, no paid time off, no cell phone at your desk, no eating at your desk, get yelled at if you get up and walk around, no chatting with coworkers, no too-long bathroom breaks, no external websites from your computer, no personalized photo on your computer background, no hanging up too many personal decorations in your cube, and on, and on, and on.

Passive aggressive notes posted all over the office about various stupid rules and enforcements. If the passive aggressive notes fail to deter unwanted actions and instill insufficient culture of fear, the prolific spycams above from all angles should do the trick. If you're still out of line the latino laborers they have spying on employees will narc you out.

Every little thing you do is monitored. You will not feel supported- exactly the opposite. Management is not on your side. There is a very malignant culture unless you are the owner's personal friend from Stanford or their polo horses, dating one of their daughters or are otherwise in with the insular family that runs this place.

Only nurses who stay in this job long term are washouts and burners who couldn't hack it in a clinical environment. Sorry I hate to be mean because some of my coworkers were very nice, but it's true- everyone halfway decent leaves immediately as soon as they get a better job.

Advice to Management

Stop saying you're rapidly growing; people quit so fast there has been zero net growth in employee numbers.

Stop calling yourselves a startup; you're 15 years old.

Stop calling yourselves a healthcare company unless you actually offer healthcare to your employees.

Consider trying to run a pyramid scheme of screwing over employees based on a culture of lies.

medical coordinator job is awful

Current Employee - MIC in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - MIC in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

other mic level coworkers are all cool but man this job just kills people you can see the dead souls thought thier eyes

free sodas but their fridge sux so its like gross warm room temp soda yuk

the doctors are really nice but i feel bad for them working here the doctors all drive junky cars like hondas and subarus but meanwhile the executives family members all have lexuses escalades mazeratis and jaguars.

execs dont work often or much so at least you dont have to see them much

alledgedly free lunch but rarely happens maybe like 1x a month

their are "prizes" for prerformance bu they are really cheap about the prizes so it just upsets people more

Cons

its a call center

get yelled at if you are up from your desk, not allowed to walk around or talk to coworkers

middle management be power tripping

pretty sure this company is just a scam cash cow for the owners because they pay the workers basically minimum wage and dont get helathcare but meanwhile the family that runs this company has like 5 vacation homes and all luxury cars, flys their own private planes and travels the world its really lame

everyone quits or is trying to quit asap

Advice to Management

OFFER HEALTHCARE

Lies upon lies

Former Employee - MIC in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - MIC in Redwood City, CA

I worked at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were friendly and they were the only reason I had a decent 10 mins per day there
    Not sure if free sodas are a considered a pro
    And for the time I was there we got lunch 3 times...i dont know why people keep saying they get lunch once a week-must be the management writing these oh so positive reviews. The only reason nurses are there is because they hate nursing and couldn't make it in the real world of nursing

Cons

Revolving door
    So many employees quit and left the 'boxes' full of clients, no one bothered to check in on them.
    Management is all family and personal friends, don't ever think you'll get promoted no matter how hard you work
    Supposed to receive a bonus after 3 months but instead you get called in and nothing but negative feedback during your evaluation (to the point where 'you took too many bathroom breaks on day X therefore you didn't work hard enough')
    Been 10 years and still calling themselves a start up, they need to learn that they will never be successful

Advice to Management

Go home and stop pretending to help people

8. Nurse / MD

Current Employee - RN
    Current Employee - RN

I have been working at MedExpert

Pros

The unique design of MedExpert creates a platform where you can help patients by actually talking to them to find a direction or solution. There is no doubt in my mind that all nurses/MDs went into that field because they want to be able to help, but in the traditional doctor's offices etc. there was no time to really converse face to face with each person because there were so many people to see. This company has mastered the scenario in which you can work with each patient for the amount of time they deserve.

Cons

The technical system is a bit tricky to learn. I would ramp up the training to help people in those beginning weeks and months to be as proficient as fast as possible.

Advice to Management

We constantly get feedback and letters from patients, I think if it's possible we should share those stories because it is a team effort if there is a success.

medical coordinator- hated it

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they pay great lip service about how they're helping people but its a sham
    USED TO have meetings to keep people informed but stopped having them becuase they thought it was a waste if time
    the doctors working here are awesome i dont know how they convinced them to work in this play, they must pay them a ton to make it worth it for them

Cons

absolutely no training
    only source of information in the office is the gossip tree or if youre one of the girls who sucks up to middle managers
    extreme nepotism
    ask 3 different people the same question, get 3 different answers
    toxic atmosphere
    seem not to value employees and not to care about fi people are happy in their role, the people in charge have obviously found peace in it being a revolving door and dont care to work on retaining good employees
    people quit so fast
    clients come to do a site visit and they have us all act so fake, do things we normally never do- its a complete fraud
    system crashes constantly
    maybe the reason they dont bother training you at all is because people hate working here and quit so fast that they think its a waste of time to bother train anyone properly because no one will stick around
    no health care- isn't that illegal?
    family execs care more about their stupid ridiculous designer outfits (leopard print skin tight pants? leather shirts?) and designer heels than any real work or leadership. it's like they're pretend playing fake Corporate Barbie Dress Up than actually running a real company.

Advice to Management

have meetings
    work on employee retention- do you even care that it's a revolving door?
    communicate with your employees
    don't make it such an us vs them atmosphere
    hire and promote people other than your family
    needs more male managers and male employees

Rewarding job

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job is perfect if you want to help people. You get to make a difference and impact someone's life, just by giving them a phone call. The management is very supportive, and more than willing to listen to feedback and new ideas. Flexible hours and time off. Stable hours and work schedule. You get free sodas/snacks and the company buys lunch about once a week. The moral around the office has gotten so much better. The disgruntled employees have left, for the most part. Almost everyone in the office is happy to be there and the tension is now gone. Amazing how a few negative people can contaminate the workplace. All companies have ups and downs. Things are defiantly looking up now.

Cons

It does seem like all the upper management positions are filled by family members and friends. But, even with that said, they are all very nice. Hopefully as the company grows and continues to expand, there will be more promotions available for non family members.

Also, there is no sick time, vacation, or health benefits for hourly employees. Hoping that eventually changes because we work hard and it's nice to be rewarded with benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It is exciting to work for a company with so much potential. All of our hard work will eventually pay off.

If you want to make a difference, this is the place for you.

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love MedExpert. I love what the company stands for and I have yet to be a part of a company that holds more true to their mission and goals than this one.

I am extremely thankful for all that management provides constantly. On a silly perk note, we have lunch provided at least every other week (I think it's actually every week, but don't want to exaggerate), snacks and beverages. The facility is always clean, temperature moderated, and located next to a ton of food options (downtown Redwood CIty has really turned into a wonderful place).

Most importantly to note, I am treated with respect from management (and other employees), and they have created an environment in which I can truly help other people. If you are someone who treats other people well, works hard and wants to make a difference, then this is the place for you.

This type of website usually gets filled with negative reviews because, let's be honest, someone who is upset and angry is more likely to find an outlet for their frustration than someone who is happy with their situation. This is why I'm glad to have discovered this site so that I can write down what most of the people I work with actually think... that this is a great place to work and it is filled with great people.

Cons

If you are someone who just wants to punch a clock and physically be at work without turning on your energy then this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Please, please understand that most of the people working for you love it. They want to see this company succeed and those that think otherwise may just not fully understand how valuable a company this is. Thank you for all that you do.

RSS Feed </> Embed