MedExpress Urgent Care

MedExpress Urgent Care Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Frank W. Alderman

Rollercoaster Ride

Prosbenefits such as life insurance

Consno evaluation for first 17 mos which means no raise for 17 mos "bet the executives VPs got one this year " :(

Advice to Senior Managementgive the hourly yearly evals and raises as per your policy dictates

Th bitter reviews on here are one sided. There are many positive aspects

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsI read thaws reviews before hand and have of them were dismissed with on a weeks time this is a positive company with good benefits. Clear company vision and mission. High standards.

ConsNegative nancy get out, your type doesn't thrive in this fun friendly hardworking environment. Positive culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's just legally fire the negative Nancy's before they damage what we are working hard to build

Just not the same anymore

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsFree uniforms, sometimes free snacks and sodas.

ConsThey used to care about the employees, not any more. More about the bottom line and selling medications. Used to be a pretty good place to work,

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about your employees instead of yourselves.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MedExpress is not like it used to be, where they cared about their employees and not just their bottom line.

Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee)

ProsWorking 3 12's gives you more days off during the week

ConsMedExpress is not very competitive with wages, you are under-paid for your job while still being expected to go above and beyond to do your job and then some

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your employees and don't play favorites

Good Company

FOA (Current Employee)

ProsFast service, great co-workers, good management

Consmeeting quotas, long hours, and early morning meetings

Family fell is gone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers and docs who are in it for the patients.

ConsGoing from feeling like you are family to feeling like you are just a number and the company doesn't care about you or your family. Seeing management stressed beyond belief. Seeing employees who used to love coming to work and now just coming to work because that's what they have to do. It's sad; the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. It's hard to make it with what we make and the VP's just keep climbing the ladder; hmmmm almost like UPMC......

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the old ME; Get back to the basics and care about the ones who always enjoyed working for your company.

Great medical experience

Front Office Assistant (Current Employee)
    Hagerstown, MD

ProsFree snacks and working 3 days a week

ConsLong hours low pay no recognition

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the pay and reward the staff to increase morale

company has poor leadership

Front Office Assistant (Current Employee)
    Greenwood, IN

Pros12 hour days, snacks, coworkers, center manager

ConsMicro-management. No care for what is best for the patients. Doctors have no standards when hired. Some are really bad. Very low pay and poor benefits. Corporate only seems to care about getting their bonuses. My current manager is awesome but talks about how corporate is very out of touch of what he deals with on a day to day basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow centers to run as they see fit and be better at trusting employees. Hire doctors with better bedside manner.

Good Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule. Four days off each week. Great coworkers

ConsMust be able to juggle multiple priorities while maintaining a good attitude.

McDonald's Medicine in a Box,

Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsCo-Workers, and patients, snacks

ConsNot so Great Care, Not so FAST..They might as well have a drive thru window.
    The pressure to try and get patients in and out in and unrealistic 45 minutes or less causes a lot of errors in treatment as well as stress on the staff. I have done labs tests on patients only to find that they were already discharged. One case in point was a woman with a urinary tract infection who was prescribed antibiotics. I had run a pregnancy test which was positive and the test wasn't even finished when the patient was discharged. The nurse called the patient back and she was prescribed a different course of care and referred to a OB/GYN.
    I have also seen staff document "made up" vital signs and histories just so they can get the triaging done more quickly. NOT so great care......I worked for this company when it was Doctors Walk-In and it was bought out by MedExpress whose focus is more on selling prescription drugs than on quality of care. The shifts are 12-13 hour days and lunches are often nonexistent.
     I was terminated 2 weeks ago for 2 clerical errors, and suddenly being TOO slow after 6.5 years, coincidentally after I wrote to management about all the errors I was seeing. (I still have the emails).
     Just about everyone I knew when I started has quit, and they have a tough time even finding Medical Assistants to work there with all the responsibilities since they fired all of the Lab Techs and cut the staff in half.. Now all the back office staff is required to know ALL the procedures. I am an xray tech and we have to do our job as well as medical assisting, giving injections, blood draws, drug testing, ear levages, nebulizer treatments,FX casting, drug screens...the list goes on and on.
    Oh and as far as pay raises go...how does $.09 sound? Actually NO raise this year.. My pay has gone up less than $2.00 in 6 years. That doesn't stretch far at the grocery store.
    Steer clear of this company....... patients and staff alike!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease realize that quality patient care also means having quality, caring staff. It also costs a lot of money to train new staff, especially with all the responsibility that goes with the job. Training on the job often takes a month...do you not see how expensive this is?
    And why was the perk for employees seeing MedExpress doctors for free cut? Certainly that cost the company NO money, only a small amount of the doctors time as we triaged ourselves.
    Word travels fast on the internet these days so management should take notice.

Worked for MedExpress Urgent Care? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedExpress Urgent Care reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MedExpress Urgent Care CEO Frank W. Alderman. All 38 reviews posted anonymously by MedExpress Urgent Care employees.