MedExpress Urgent Care Reviews

Great Workplace

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Watchung, NJ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Watchung, NJ

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great workplace culture. Benefits are great. Absolutely love the people I have met through MedExpress.

Cons

Sometimes management loses site of what their clinical and office personnel are up against when it comes to providing patient care. It is important to make our patients happy but sometimes patients may not agree with their care. Our scores suffer if the patient doesn't agree with the care but they have to remember they don't always know best.

Was Great Care,Fast

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Has great center level staff that can be very family oriented as you spend long days together. Only work 3 days a week. Great learning opportunity

Cons

Owners have lost true vision and will let outsiders dictate how things should be ran without knowing anything about true day to day operations

Listen to what is going on in the field and go back to a employee friendly practice that values patients

Fantastic Place - Recommended

Current Employee - Manager with Dwayne D'Souza  in  Harrisonburg, VA
    Current Employee - Manager with Dwayne D'Souza in Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Environment, Good Salary, Interesting Work.
    Really enjoyed working with my co-worker. Would Recommend this place.

Cons

Sometimes I felt I was working too hard but management were always quick to resolve these issues.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Reality

Former Employee - Front Office Assistant  in  Bloomington, IN
    Former Employee - Front Office Assistant in Bloomington, IN

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

The staff that was chosen was awesome, I loved everyone I worked with. Yes there were times when we didn't see eye to eye but that was quickly pushed a side.
     Medexpress as a whole is a pretty organized urgent care, compared to some of the other places I've worked, it's like heaven! The reason I say that is because there are NO PAPER CHARTS.... Everything is electronic and efficient. Patient's were always amazed at how fast we got them in and out, and that is a nice part of the job, having you and your team appreciated. Also the experience is a nice perk, it looks great on a resume.

Cons

Corporate.. that should sum it up nicely... They make changes to the front office constantly... Then the center manager get's the brunt of the complaints from higher up if we do something wrong, or if we aren't getting enough of the patients credit cards on file. They cut hours and expect the little front office people to sit there and not get upset. I wrote a letter to the vice president of operations and I got the most generic responds back ever. So if you can look past the "Man" of the company then it is a pretty decent place to work.

Listen to your people and try to get on a middle ground with them, especially the front office assistants.

Great place to gain experience, run away shortly after

Former Employee - Front Office Assistant  in  Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Front Office Assistant in Winchester, VA

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

will hire just about anyone. lenient on uniform policy. uses up to date technology which makes registering patients fast and effective.

Cons

The pay is horrible. I repeat HORRIBLE! and the workload given to you is enormous. You have high, unrealistic sales goals for selling overpriced meds to patients and when you don't meet them you get disciplined by management. You are expected to force patients to keep a credit card on file to pay for any balance on their account. You only get one 30 min break for working a 12 hour shift. There is no such thing is calling off work sick. You are always working with a skeleton crew. Sometimes there is even only one doctor and the the wait time is over 2 hours. No bonus pay. No holiday parties. And the raise you will receive is laughable. You will seriously get a higher raise working in fast food..Seriously.

Change your corporate policies show that you're employees aren't treating sick patients like they are walking into a car dealership. Patients don't want to hear a sales pitch and should be treated with courtesy and respect.

Worst employer I ever had ( Physician)

Former Employee - Physician  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Physician in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not much- Urgent care in general has lifestyle advantages( e.g no call, weekdays off )but there are better companies to work for than this one

Cons

Poorly managed. Large disconnect between employees and leadership. Focus on profit above all else including quality care, adequate staffing and employee morale. Physicians would be wise to get any promises in writing especially regarding midlevel staffing support you will( or won't) get when working at busier clinics. Company reputation has taken a serious hit in many of the communities they serve in the Western PA area. Worked for them for several years but didn't want my name associated with them anymore.

Refocus on what made you successful. Be honest with your employees and keep your promises. Staff adequately and provide a quality product to the community, as your advertising implies. Promote those to leadership positions who can truly lead.

MedExpress Administrative Office

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time

Pros

Wonderful employees who are great to get along with. The company is expanding ;centers are popping up in different states.

Cons

Over worked, under paid employees...every single one of them. Good luck trying to balance you work/life when your cell phone is blowing up with pointless emails.

Great facility for patients, management does not care about employees.

Former Employee - Rad Tech
    Former Employee - Rad Tech

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Three day work week for full-time employees, work three 12-hour shifts/week. Provided snacks/drinks for employees (as long as center manager KEEPS this stocked). Great learning opportunity, learn a lot of new clinical skills at this job. Decent pay and benefits.

Cons

Management does not care about employees, they seem to fail to realize that without the clinical and clerical staff, the facility WOULD NOT run... Managers would turn a blind eye to conflicts as they arose or sometimes would not even be available for conflicts, leaving the employees to fend for themselves. Managers are also clueless as to what happens in the front office or in the clinical area, so they aren't much help anyways! Management is all about cutting costs in any way, shape, or form. Promises we were hired with, were quickly taken back once employed for a year. They stated that food/drinks would be provided, they would put us up in a hotel room for inclement weather so we wouldn't have to risk our lives driving home, never wants to permit overtime... All of these "promises" were quickly taken away from us, "wasn't permitted in the budget". Policies change so frequently and no communication is made to ensure that all employees are kept up to date with changes. MedExpress decided to close our center and gave us only 2 weeks notice that all of us would be losing our jobs, with no attempt to re-locate any employees. Some of us were with the company since our center opened... We didn't get one word of sympathy or even a GOOD BYE or "Good luck" from our original center manager... Very very uncaring company.

WAKE UP AND APPRECIATE YOUR EMPLOYEES FOR ALL THEY DO! Maybe you should stop building new centers when you can't even keep the ones you do have OPEN!

Senior management has forgotten who is the face of the company and who generates the income.

Current Employee - Provider
    Current Employee - Provider

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits and pay are relatively good. Working 12 hour shifts allows more days off. Company will work with you to adjust schedule around other obligations.

Cons

To have a better bottom line and to support what has become a ridiculously large upper management team the centers are consistently understaffed. This leads to poor morale as well as losing most of best people who find the stress to not be worth it.

Remember where company income is generated and take care of the people in those positions. It does not matter how many people you have in management or how often you restructure those people they will never generate income for the company.

Rollercoaster Ride

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care

Pros

benefits such as life insurance

Cons

no evaluation for first 17 mos which means no raise for 17 mos "bet the executives VPs got one this year " :(

give the hourly yearly evals and raises as per your policy dictates

Worked for MedExpress Urgent Care? Contribute to the Community!