MedExpress Urgent Care Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Frank W. Alderman

Pros
  • Working 12 hour shifts allows more days off (in 5 reviews)

• I've met some great people who all have now mostly left the company (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Center manager talks down to clinical staff to make herself feel better (in 6 reviews)

• They make changes to the front office constantly (in 4 reviews)

1. RN

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Selinsgrove, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Selinsgrove, PA

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care (Less than a year)

Pros

3-12 hour days are great, great manager easy to talk to, very supportive. Listens to my concerns. No reporting off to other nurses, when you leave for the day your work is finished. No f/u the next day. Medexpress runs smoothly

Cons

More money would always be better.also overtime would be nice after 36 hours not 40

Advice to Management

Pay raises should be given at 6months for new hires and on time yearly . not giving everyone a raise at the same time I waited a year for a pay raise because I started right after raises were given out. Better HR department needed

2. Front Office Assistant

Former Employee - Front Office Assistant
    Former Employee - Front Office Assistant

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Efficient. Great self pay plan if you do not have insurance or if you have bad insurance.

Cons

Constant new policies while the company works through growing pains

Advice to Management

Do not pick favorites. It is a small office, help people like each other and watch out who who complain to.

Great Work Experience

Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist
    Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist

Pros

Working as an RT for almost two years, I gained a lot of experience as far as the triage of patients, learning how to do UDS, working with wound care and laceration repair, etc. Working twelve hour shifts at an urgent care facility definitely gives you a good range of variety since anything can come through the door.

Cons

The higher ups could be a little more diligent about inclement weather and making sure employees are well taken care of.

Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Canonsburg, PA

Pros

MedExpress is a growing and innovative organization that keeps its focus on its employees. Leadership is accessible and concerned about its employee's well-being. I always feel I can bring any issues to my supervisor and they are addressed. We are a top leader in Healthcare and I enjoy being a part of this growing organization and finding the right talent to serve its communities. I feel good about what MedExpress represents and the healthcare we provide to our patients. As an employee, it's great to see the founding members of the organization still heavily involved in the operations of MedExpress and to be so available to its staff.

Cons

None. Any concerns I've had, I have taken to Management and they have addressed them in a timely and professional fashion.

Each center varies

Former Employee - Front Office Assistant in Charleston, WV
    Former Employee - Front Office Assistant in Charleston, WV

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a full time employee, you only work 3 days a week. I enjoy working 3 12 hour shifts, you can go to appointments without needing to take time off like regular M-F jobs. At times, there are opportunities to pick up overtime & travel time to another center. Company provides scrubs; 3 for full time and then 2 pairs on your anniversary each year. Company provides a gift from a catalog for Christmas and milestone anniversaries.

Cons

Each center works completely differently even though it's supposed to be uniform. Some providers (doctors, PA, NP) are rude to patients and FOAs then have to deal with an upset patient, sometimes unruly patients while the provider goes in to see another patient or hides out in the breakroom. Management is constantly changing policy, sometimes without communicating it to employees. Absolutely no room for advancement, it's a dead end job.

Advice to Management

Show all employees how much they are valued. Consider closing centers in inclement weather, especially in locations where you have 5+ centers within 20 minutes of each other (keep one open, close remaining...let employees volunteer to work at open center if their center closes), consider management's attitude when a center has high turnover. I understand providers are in high demand but they are treated far better than anyone else. I've seen providers make multiple mistakes, yell at patients, belittle patients and staff, loudly complain when patients come in late, treat a patient horribly due to their insurance type (medicaid), show up late, leave just before closing time and nearly attack a patient. Employees should all be treated the same, fair is fair. Create opportunity for employees who have stuck with the company.

7. Medexpress review

Pros

Great doctors to work with and manager was great

Cons

12 hr shifts. Although it q as good to get four days out of the wk off those three twelves can be very boring at time when the office didn't get that mich business

8. Center Manager

Current Employee - Center Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time

Pros

Room to move up in company/relocate if desired, supportive operations and clinical managers at corporate, company genuinely does care for employees (despite rapid growth making it more difficult to please everyone).

Cons

Managers are expected to be on call 24/7 (attached to company cell phone at all times), staffing is difficult and covering call offs is next to impossible, newer HR members seem to be doing more harm than good (and don't promote company vision or values), medical leadership is weak, and centers often have to spend months trying to rebuild a reputation once a bad provider leaves the company.

Advice to Management

Get back to supporting the centers instead of working against them (HR, Finance, IT). Jobs at corporate would not exist if it weren't for the people on the front lines seeing patients and bringing in the profits.

Employer Health Services Coordinator

Current Employee - Employer Health Services Coordinator in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Employer Health Services Coordinator in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great, PTO accrual time is awesome. Very close to where I live.

Cons

Very unorganized. Been in my position for a few weeks and I still do not have a desk to sit at, I have to keep borrowing other people's cubicles or desks. Was only trained for at most 3-4 days and expectations are far too high for me when I've barely had any training or experience in this department. Do not have any set responsibilities and am constantly bounced back and forth between 3 different people with work to do. The pay is also very low for being in corporate.

Advice to Management

Be organized before having people start. Offer more incentives for current employees to want to move up in the company. I was asked to interview for a training position which I would be traveling 90%-100% of the time and they were only offering me $.50 more than what I was making working in the center.

10. FOA

Current Employee - FOA in Lavale, MD
    Current Employee - FOA in Lavale, MD

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training program, wonderful culture to work in. Make patients their first priority and promote great work qualities. Definitely all about employee appreciation which is awesome!

Cons

Few full time positions become available. Slow accumulation of vacation time.

11. Front Office Assistant

Pros

its a good job if you are looking to start out in healthcare administration

Cons

no opportunity for advancement. very stagnant.

RSS Feed </> Embed