MedExpress Urgent Care

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Frank W. Alderman

Reality

Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) Bloomington, IN

ProsThe staff that was chosen was awesome, I loved everyone I worked with. Yes there were times when we didn't see eye to eye but that was quickly pushed a side.
     Medexpress as a whole is a pretty organized urgent care, compared to some of the other places I've worked, it's like heaven! The reason I say that is because there are NO PAPER CHARTS.... Everything is electronic and efficient. Patient's were always amazed at how fast we got them in and out, and that is a nice part of the job, having you and your team appreciated. Also the experience is a nice perk, it looks great on a resume.

ConsCorporate.. that should sum it up nicely... They make changes to the front office constantly... Then the center manager get's the brunt of the complaints from higher up if we do something wrong, or if we aren't getting enough of the patients credit cards on file. They cut hours and expect the little front office people to sit there and not get upset. I wrote a letter to the vice president of operations and I got the most generic responds back ever. So if you can look past the "Man" of the company then it is a pretty decent place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people and try to get on a middle ground with them, especially the front office assistants.

MedExpress Administrative Office

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWonderful employees who are great to get along with. The company is expanding ;centers are popping up in different states.

ConsOver worked, under paid employees...every single one of them. Good luck trying to balance you work/life when your cell phone is blowing up with pointless emails.

Great facility for patients, management does not care about employees.

Rad Tech (Former Employee)

ProsThree day work week for full-time employees, work three 12-hour shifts/week. Provided snacks/drinks for employees (as long as center manager KEEPS this stocked). Great learning opportunity, learn a lot of new clinical skills at this job. Decent pay and benefits.

ConsManagement does not care about employees, they seem to fail to realize that without the clinical and clerical staff, the facility WOULD NOT run... Managers would turn a blind eye to conflicts as they arose or sometimes would not even be available for conflicts, leaving the employees to fend for themselves. Managers are also clueless as to what happens in the front office or in the clinical area, so they aren't much help anyways! Management is all about cutting costs in any way, shape, or form. Promises we were hired with, were quickly taken back once employed for a year. They stated that food/drinks would be provided, they would put us up in a hotel room for inclement weather so we wouldn't have to risk our lives driving home, never wants to permit overtime... All of these "promises" were quickly taken away from us, "wasn't permitted in the budget". Policies change so frequently and no communication is made to ensure that all employees are kept up to date with changes. MedExpress decided to close our center and gave us only 2 weeks notice that all of us would be losing our jobs, with no attempt to re-locate any employees. Some of us were with the company since our center opened... We didn't get one word of sympathy or even a GOOD BYE or "Good luck" from our original center manager... Very very uncaring company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWAKE UP AND APPRECIATE YOUR EMPLOYEES FOR ALL THEY DO! Maybe you should stop building new centers when you can't even keep the ones you do have OPEN!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior management has forgotten who is the face of the company and who generates the income.

Provider (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits and pay are relatively good. Working 12 hour shifts allows more days off. Company will work with you to adjust schedule around other obligations.

ConsTo have a better bottom line and to support what has become a ridiculously large upper management team the centers are consistently understaffed. This leads to poor morale as well as losing most of best people who find the stress to not be worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember where company income is generated and take care of the people in those positions. It does not matter how many people you have in management or how often you restructure those people they will never generate income for the company.

Rollercoaster Ride

Prosbenefits such as life insurance

Consno evaluation for first 17 mos which means no raise for 17 mos "bet the executives VPs got one this year " :(

Advice to Senior Managementgive the hourly yearly evals and raises as per your policy dictates

Run for the Hills

ProsCoworkers are friendly and kind and the only thing that keeps you sane while working here. Its a good place to work for an interim period but not a company to stay at long term

ConsPoor Management and Poor Company.

Management- Puppets for the guys on top. Only concern is self-promotion and how they look to their superior. They have no concern for the people they manage, how they feel or helping them grow within the company. Employees not in a management role are totally expendable. Managers also micro-manage to the extreme to make sure they look good due to the company culture/environment that has been established

Company- Zero work-life balance. Expected to answer emails at all times; weekends, evenings, and holidays (this also relates to poor management). Certain roles are also expected to work weekends, evenings and holidays with no comp time even though you're promised a 9-5 position. Be warned that the job description you are applying for is probably at least 5 years old and will have nothing to do with your actual day to day tasks. The company morale is horrible, they had lay offs in the first quarter and no one is safe. The administrative office is a constant revolving door of personal. The pay is horrible compared to national averages with no bounces and poor increases (standard 2% and don't expect to get anything more)

General- Expect to be over worked, under paid and undervalued when working here. If you are not apart of the original crew that started when the company was formed, be expected to face adversity as people are resistant to change and set in their old ways

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at the people in current management roles and reevaluate.

Make sure the people keeping you in your management role are appreciated and taken care of. The extra "you did a great job" goes along way. Also make sure your people are getting compensated for the job they are doing and if job roles change, make sure expectations are communicated.

Th bitter reviews on here are one sided. There are many positive aspects

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsI read thaws reviews before hand and have of them were dismissed with on a weeks time this is a positive company with good benefits. Clear company vision and mission. High standards.

ConsNegative nancy get out, your type doesn't thrive in this fun friendly hardworking environment. Positive culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's just legally fire the negative Nancy's before they damage what we are working hard to build

Just not the same anymore

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsFree uniforms, sometimes free snacks and sodas.

ConsThey used to care about the employees, not any more. More about the bottom line and selling medications. Used to be a pretty good place to work,

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about your employees instead of yourselves.

When they hire new folks they should tell them that they want their blood to!!!!

FOA (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsInsurance once they get it right, prescription co pays,

ConsUnderpaid, over worked, and the feeling of not being appreciated, nor cared for. Did I mention underpaid????

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees and dont Ignore your employees when they tell you there having pain or that there falling ill while there on the clock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MedExpress is not like it used to be, where they cared about their employees and not just their bottom line.

Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee)

ProsWorking 3 12's gives you more days off during the week

ConsMedExpress is not very competitive with wages, you are under-paid for your job while still being expected to go above and beyond to do your job and then some

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your employees and don't play favorites

Worked for MedExpress Urgent Care? Contribute to the Community!