MedImmune

MedImmune Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

MedImmune President Bahija Jallal

Bahija Jallal

Pros
  • Pays well, nice, improving campus, trying to make work/life balance better(in 11 reviews)

• Great benefits offered by the company, work-life balance was pretty good(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Does not seem to care about work-life balance of employees(in 15 reviews)

• since its growing quickly with AZ acquisition, lots of work to do(in 4 reviews)

Great benefits and a growing company

Scientist I (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

ProsGood pay, benefits. Bonuses every year!

ConsProper training in research is lacking and accelerated projects make it more stressful. Open concept office space makes it difficult to be focused and get your work done.

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood benefits if full time employee

Conscontract extension difficult to come through

Advice to Senior Managementimprove on contract terms

Good company with great benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits offered by the company, work-life balance was pretty good.

ConsRemote sites outside of HQ, lack of communication and budget cuts made it challenging to get the work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure you stay up to date with the pulse of the organization.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Commercial Organization in state of anarchy

ProsPeople, Cross-functional collaboration where utilized

ConsWork-life balance, Inexperienced people managers, Bureaucracy, Management cliques, Favoritism, Lack of diversity especially female leaders in senior management roles

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee feedback is a gift. Use it!

Very Dynamic Environment

Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee)

ProsTakes care of their people well. Plenty of opportunities. You'l never be bored due to the fast pace

ConsOne hand doesn't always know what the other is doing. Time tables are often artificially compressed for arbitrary reasons

Advice to Senior ManagementMore time planning and developing processes before starting projects

Best place to work.

Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGreat pay and very generous benefits.

ConsDownsizing and shutting down some sites.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Good company to work for.

Validation Contractor (Current Employee)

ProsGreat People to work with. Company is supportive of the employees.

ConsModerate level of procedural bureaucracy. Some departments are given large amounts of responsibility with very little control.

Contractor

Contractor (Former Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

ProsLess stress and just need to follow what they ask you to do.

ConsEasy to lost job any time. Very less sick and vacation leaves. En-organized work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever got a chance to get involve with the management.

Great work/life balance; too top heavy however.

Engineer (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

ProsThe IT management is great. A lot of the bosses are either EU based or based in Cambridge. As a result, they have a very good work/life balance. Their philosophy of allowing you to work from home so you can get your house in order and allowing you to work on stuff while in the office lessens the stress and overall allows you to feel like management cares about you.

ConsThe management structure is very top-heavy. I report to a lot of different bosses and can rotate between managers very quickly for different projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare your intentions on converting contractors clearly.

Great company with innovative biotech pipeline

Scientist I (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

ProsGreat benefits. Very patient focused, which is inspiring. A little bit unclear how MedImmune will fit into the AZ culture in the long run, but for now the MedI/biotech culture is alive and kicking. Fun happy hours. Nice people. Nice amenities on campus with more planned.

ConsSome disconnect between AZ and MedImmune that can create problems, especially when dealing with late stage projects. Still figuring some things out on the late stage/commercialization side of development. Getting a bit crowded at HQ.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't sell the company.

Worked for MedImmune? Contribute to the Community!