MedPlus

Add Photos

Richard A. Mahoney

Good then not as Good

Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) Mason, OH

ProsGood People, and Work Life Balance.

ConsThey lost a lot of their leadership as they became Quest Diagnostics, Outsourced IT, and always having to do more with less. Too much micro management and trying to squeeze every last drop out of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust and Accountability. Stop the Baby Sitting

QA Engineer

QA Engineer (Current Employee) Mason, OH

ProsFlexible hours, some middle management are very understanding about family matters, and they allow working from home a few days a week.

ConsThey will work you as hard as they can, many are underpaid, employee moral is terrible, as well as a long list of other cons. When Quest Diagnostics fully absorbed MedPlus it was all downhill from there. Prior to that it was not too bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying more attention to the HITS business unit as it could actually make you more money. The re-organization hindered more than it help. New senior management is needed, again.

Great Company but overburdens its resources

Staff Accountant (Former Employee) Mason, OH

ProsGreat benefits, great atmosphere, great people, great company. It is the extra things and activities the company does for its employees that make Medplus a great place to work.

ConsManagement will continue to overload employees through restructing/layoffs but will not compensate fairly for work being assumed or produced.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive fair work loads, don't set employees up to fail.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An innovative healthcare software company with the backing of a very stable Fortune 500 organization.

ProsGood management structure, good benefits, competitive salaries, many people telecommute, relatively stable within the industry.

ConsMany jobs require living in the greater Cincinnati, Ohio area.

A good company

Intern IT (Former Employee) Mason, OH

ProsHad a lot of freedom working there.
    Great team work
    Got paid as part of my internship
    Worked with me around my college hours

ConsInterns only did the help desk
    Lack of direction
    Manager didn't care about what was going on
    Too many changes were being made with the company

Advice to Senior ManagementI really don't have any since they were getting a new manager and she promised there would be changes.

Good

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mason, OH

ProsGood benefits, flexibility to work from honw

ConsChanging directions too many times

Loved the people I worked with, but not so much the ones I worked for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mason, OH

ProsBenefits are pretty good
    Great casual environment
    A lot of good people. Most are skilled and enjoyable to work with.
    The culture doesn't tolerate someone who is a really, nasty, backbiting or a dirty, underhanded person.

ConsPoor management due to a culture of fear of missing the almighty deadline.
    Unrealistic deadlines which management cares about more than quality products.
    There used to be well rounded leadership, but now it is nearly all the boys club. No female leaders in technology, when there used to be an equal distribution.
    Quality issues cause unnecessary over working of critical resources.
    Culture of clicks. Only the in crowd can move up, even though they may not be the most skilled.

Advice to Senior ManagementSr. Management can't take a path and stay with it to the end. The constant priority switching is ruining the business.
    Sr. Management needs to stop expecting more than they are willing to pay for. You can't refuse to fund something then expect it to be done on the backs of the staff.
    While a lot of staff are willing to work hard, sometimes the management just expects all the personal time to be given, and frequently does not give back.

This company is a train wreck waiting to happen

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mason, OH

ProsMedPlus has lots of talented employees who try to do their best for the customer. Pay and benefits are pretty good for the Cincinnati area.

ConsMedPlus has the most dysfunctional and incompetent senior management team I have ever seen in my career. They have made incredibly bad business decisions that have cost the company millions of dollars and many jobs. The CEO leads by fear and intimidation and anyone who dares to question his decisions is gone. Their new products are not catching on and their old ones are falling apart due to neglect. This company days are numbered.

Poor company to work for

Support Desk (Former Employee) Mason, OH

ProsShort term income until I found another position.

ConsThe training was the absolute worse! I almost left the first week. Finally left after one month.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some trainers that care! You have trainers that talk down to people when they ask a simple question!!

MedPlus is a pretty good employer in some of it departments.

Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Mason, OH

ProsMedplus is fairly flexible. There is a Work from Home policy in various departments. They have good insurance. Most of their employees are skilled and competent.

ConsThe IT (Tech Services) department has an extremely low moral. Development does not care about the product after it is out of their hands. There is some serious fat in QA even though most of the staff is good. Management needs some serious classes in decision making.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to make faster decisions. Pick a direction and go with it. And use the tools that you currently have to their abilities. There are problems with change management and the flow of information from development that are causing production problems. Expand your load test group and get some truly competent people in there that understand the application. That is too important of a position to recycle people from other groups and it should NOT be under development (fox guards hen house).

Worked for MedPlus? Contribute to the Community!