MedRisk Reviews

2.6
MedRisk Founder and Chief Executive Officer Shelley Boyce
Shelley Boyce

1. Bill Review

I worked at MedRisk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work was fairly easy most days. Flexible schedule. Can be an okay job if this is your first office job. You receive a yearly bonus which is nice. Co-workers are friendly and willing to help with questions.

Cons

The pay could be better. Don't expect to get a big raise. Expect lots of change some of which does not make any sense.

Advice to Management

Create a better work environment for the people you manage and not get involved with or start drama with them. Spent more time with training employees.

2. Great People to Work With!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at MedRisk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best part is the people you work with. Majority of the people truly care and will help you out. Fast paced and growing very quickly.

Cons

More training is needed especially for new hires.

3. Love my job

I have been working at MedRisk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work as part of a great team here; my manager is passionate, hard-working, and a wonderful role-model which makes the job even more enjoyable. The people are all friendly, compassionate, and fun. I trust in the both the president and CEO. My job on a daily basis is fulfilling and challenging. For me, this is a standard company, good qualities and bad included, but I would argue mostly good.

Cons

The employees in entry-level positions are treated as if they are worthless, and I feel bad for them. I agree with the other reviews here in relation to these departments--Customer Service, Advocacy, etc. There seems to be too rigid management in these departments, and I do agree, these employees are treated as if they are children.

Advice to Management

Please consider offering better compensation--I've noticed certain employees are paid at the industry minimums. Consider offering less 'treats,' like pie contests and taco lunches, in order to invest in slightly higher wages for those who work for it.

Only in desperate times

Former Employee - Customer Advocate
    Former Employee - Customer Advocate

I worked at MedRisk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If it's been over a month or so of aggressive job searching, then totally go for it in the mean time of finding a new one. Easy to make new friends with people your age. Very supportive peer environment (not so much management). Casual dress code was awesome (but this is only really in place because you're treated like a modern day serf). Nicest cubicle I've ever had and the building is pretty.

Cons

You're basically paid chump change to do pointless baby work. Daily work flow is the same exact thing every day. Be prepared to call people who don't want to talk to you. The micromanagement is unreal - I hope you're not used to free will. The promotion system is based on peer relations with higher ups, so work on your brown nosing skills.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring recent graduates and giving them false hopes. People need to be paid AT LEAST 45K to make a living on top of their student loans. The sooner you learn that, the less shocked you will be when people quit "all of a sudden."

6. Great people - Fast Pace

I have been working at MedRisk

Pros

Great people. Alot of folks right out of college so its fun and the company promotes from within. They also have fun things for employees like contests and holiday parties and discount programs.

Cons

Things are always changing processes so it's hard to keep up. if you don't like change or hard work its not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Better communication before things change -- not after when you've made a mistake.

Smiling in your face, all the time they wanna take your place, back stabbers

I have been working at MedRisk

Pros

You can count on a cut throat till environment that will screw with your mind and break your spirit

Cons

Whether they stab you in the front or back they will try to kill you

Advice to Management

Fix problems...seems to be a trend here, oh and don't have someone post some sappy positive review to counter this honest review

Stay Away

Former Employee - Customer Service in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at MedRisk

Pros

Casual dress code, benefits, that is about it.

Cons

The management here is very selfish, though they do put on a good act. They pretend to appreciate their employees, but they could not care less about anyone under them. They put so much pressure on you to meet their unrealistic expectations, yet have no idea what any departments actually do.
    If you do not suck up and become a favorite, do not expect any sort of promotion, no matter how hard you work; I saw numerous undeserving people get promotions in my time there. Credit is never given where it is deserved. You are expected to clean up other people's messes and work for hours on something that should have been done right the first time, but there are never any repercussions. When you point out an error, supervisors say they will address it, but it is clear they never do.
    The turn over rate became alarming to me after my first few months and I quickly learned to understand why. I saw over 30 people, just in one department, come and go in the year and a half I was there. As time went on I envied those people getting out.
    Oh also, if you work here, I hope you don’t ever get sick. They do not give you sick days and you get penalized if you call out. That’s another thing that just shows management does not care one bit.
    So, all in all, everything that comes along with this company is basically a “con”. A lot of people get this job right out of college, so at least it is something. You may soon forget that you are a college grad though because you will get treated like a kindergartener.

Advice to Management

Learn what your employees actually do, set realistic expectations, and show some appreciation for the hard work.

Company Need to be Reported!

Former Employee - Customer Service Professional in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Professional in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at MedRisk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only a few honest people let at this workplace.
    Incentive Plan

Cons

Training is horrible,the people they recently hire as your supervisors are probably idiots! And the sad thing is they don't know their stupid! If you appear to be remotely intelligent, you will not be promoted because they are afraid that you will discover that they know less than you! To be a favorite and get promoted quickly you must be good at lying, cheating, stealing, and willing to throw an employee under the bus at a moments notice! The performance reviews are ridiculous! How are you going to give me back my review and then turn around and ask me to train the new hires! Really!!! Apparently, I haven't kissed enough assess!

Advice to Management

Shelly Boyce needs to bring in an independent consulting team and fire several managers, directors, supervisors and team leads that have been given jobs without taking a written and verbal test for their position and passed!

If you like office politics work here...

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at MedRisk

Pros

Easy hours. Flexible. Benefits are okay. Generally a young professional crowd so it can be fun.

Cons

Upper management makes sexual advances on younger employees on business trips. Hardcore office politics. No formal training whatsoever. If you don't buy into their game, you are out of inner circle.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all upper management. The president is an imbecile.

Great place to work just after graduating.

I worked at MedRisk

Pros

Was a great place to work.
    Really enjoyed the people and the environment.

Cons

Management seemed slightly disconnected from the front line work force during my time there.