MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center

Be The First To
Add Photos

Overall experience was great

Day Shift Supervisor (OIC) (Former Employee) Rosedale, MD

ProsThe best thing about working was being to provide exceptional customer service to our nursing staff, who provides patient care.

ConsNeeding supplies for staff to do their job , and constantly been it's not in the budget.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupervisor's need support from upper management in order to do their job effectively. When dealing in customer service, that support should and must be there, to maintain a positive work flow.

Staff RN

Staff Nurse (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsSafety, Size, Parking, Cleanliness, Communication

ConsScheduling, No cafeteria, Events, perks and meetings centered on day shift

Good Place to Work

DaySHIFTsUPERVISOR(OIC) (Current Employee) Rosedale, MD

ProsBenifits good people to work with

Consoutsourcing lot of jobs below management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The people who work are the one who get Screwed over( Horrible Supervisor)

Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) Rosedale, MD

Prosvery close to my home

ConsIn our dept. management is clueless. It's like kindergarden in there.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some new Blood in there you need it, I mean new Directors and Supervisors in some departments( start checking it out)

Sadly at the Square

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLocation is the only thing that comes to mind.

ConsLow employee morale. No bonuses, no pay raise (1.25% is not a raise). Stressful. Upper management don't have a clue how to make things work. Too many people in upper management positions. Too few people in clinical/clerical areas where they are needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real!

I have been with MFSMC for about 5 years, but with MedStar Health for nearly 9 years.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rosedale, MD

ProsMedStar offers great benefits with plenty of time off. Staff are mostly friendly and professional. HR really cares about the employee satisfaction. Lots of perks are offered: picnics, give-aways, fun contests. The new tower is nice.

ConsManagement does a poor job of firing poor performers (had a person in our department for 4.5 years before she finally resigned on her own. She shouldn't have made it past her 90 day eval.) The hospital as a whole really only recognizes our nursing department for good work but preaches team work and the SPIRIT values. Too many mico-managers.

(Also, to the moron that posted about pharmacy department sucking: we know who you are and we are THRILLED that you're not longer here. You are the worst pharmacy technician in Maryland.)

Advice to Senior ManagementFire poor performers, enforce attendance policies.. basically: practice what you preach.

One of the places to work

Day Shift Supervisor (OIC) (Current Employee) Rosedale, MD

ProsEmployee's are great and trhat makes for a great team to work with

ConsHospital across the country are money problems

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the employee's can not get a rise management should not take one either

I had a wonderful experience at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center until, I was fired over the phone.

Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) Nottingham, MD

ProsGreat staff, appreciative of the opportunity, organized with all administrative duties, warm welcome when I was hired.

Consneeds up to date software for all systems & units, wish HR department handled my termination in a better manner, no proper explanation during termination process, needs more diversity.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to advise that there be more diversity and more professionalism from Supervisors in departments when it comes to termination of employees. If the former employee has a valid explanation with proper documentation there should not be a termination. Especially, if a meeting is held specifically in their former department of employment upholding that employee to a standard that they've kept. No one who is fresh from school & having the opportunity of an entry level position should be wrongfully terminated due to an illness they cannot control.

Overall a nice company who really do care about the patients

Patient Transporter (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsVery nice people to work with very close to one another.

ConsSome parts of the hospital are understaffed which requires people to do a lot more work.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd more nurses to certain departments like the Emergency Room

Other staff, GREAT, Pharmacy staff SUCKS

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat staff, very caring, Dr and Nurses knowledgeable. Most everyone willing to pitch in to make your stay or clinic visit comfortable.

ConsThe "clique" mentality. I'm an adult and do not like feeling like I need to compete w/ a clique or Supervisors "pet" to get answers to questions or help when I need it. Too many chiefs and not nearly enough Indians.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of your A## and start being leaders not following the lead of those that curry favor with you by sucking up or being your special firiend away from work. Friendship outside of work is OK< but leave that Friendship home when it comes to business dealings!!

Worked for MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!