MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center

CEO

Great place to work at

Former Employee - Outpatient in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Outpatient in Baltimore, MD

I worked at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly environment, nice staff, excellent benefits

Cons

Nothing negative to report at all

Overall experience was great

Former Employee - Day Shift Supervisor (OIC) in Rosedale, MD
    Former Employee - Day Shift Supervisor (OIC) in Rosedale, MD

I worked at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best thing about working was being to provide exceptional customer service to our nursing staff, who provides patient care.

Cons

Needing supplies for staff to do their job , and constantly been it's not in the budget.

Supervisor's need support from upper management in order to do their job effectively. When dealing in customer service, that support should and must be there, to maintain a positive work flow.

Staff RN

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Safety, Size, Parking, Cleanliness, Communication

Cons

Scheduling, No cafeteria, Events, perks and meetings centered on day shift

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - DaySHIFTsUPERVISOR(OIC) in Rosedale, MD
    Current Employee - DaySHIFTsUPERVISOR(OIC) in Rosedale, MD

I have been working at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benifits good people to work with

Cons

outsourcing lot of jobs below management

The people who work are the one who get Screwed over( Horrible Supervisor)

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Rosedale, MD
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Rosedale, MD

I worked at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

very close to my home

Cons

In our dept. management is clueless. It's like kindergarden in there.

Get some new Blood in there you need it, I mean new Directors and Supervisors in some departments( start checking it out)

Sadly at the Square

I worked at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Location is the only thing that comes to mind.

Cons

Low employee morale. No bonuses, no pay raise (1.25% is not a raise). Stressful. Upper management don't have a clue how to make things work. Too many people in upper management positions. Too few people in clinical/clerical areas where they are needed.

Get real!

I have been with MFSMC for about 5 years, but with MedStar Health for nearly 9 years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosedale, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosedale, MD

I have been working at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

MedStar offers great benefits with plenty of time off. Staff are mostly friendly and professional. HR really cares about the employee satisfaction. Lots of perks are offered: picnics, give-aways, fun contests. The new tower is nice.

Cons

Management does a poor job of firing poor performers (had a person in our department for 4.5 years before she finally resigned on her own. She shouldn't have made it past her 90 day eval.) The hospital as a whole really only recognizes our nursing department for good work but preaches team work and the SPIRIT values. Too many mico-managers.

(Also, to the moron that posted about pharmacy department sucking: we know who you are and we are THRILLED that you're not longer here. You are the worst pharmacy technician in Maryland.)

Fire poor performers, enforce attendance policies.. basically: practice what you preach.

One of the places to work

Current Employee - Day Shift Supervisor (OIC) in Rosedale, MD
    Current Employee - Day Shift Supervisor (OIC) in Rosedale, MD

Pros

Employee's are great and trhat makes for a great team to work with

Cons

Hospital across the country are money problems

If the employee's can not get a rise management should not take one either

I had a wonderful experience at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center until, I was fired over the phone.

Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Nottingham, MD
    Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Nottingham, MD

Pros

Great staff, appreciative of the opportunity, organized with all administrative duties, warm welcome when I was hired.

Cons

needs up to date software for all systems & units, wish HR department handled my termination in a better manner, no proper explanation during termination process, needs more diversity.

I would like to advise that there be more diversity and more professionalism from Supervisors in departments when it comes to termination of employees. If the former employee has a valid explanation with proper documentation there should not be a termination. Especially, if a meeting is held specifically in their former department of employment upholding that employee to a standard that they've kept. No one who is fresh from school & having the opportunity of an entry level position should be wrongfully terminated due to an illness they cannot control.

RN, full time Med/Surg

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

On most Med-Surg there is only a 1 on call shift requirement per six weeks and only every third weekend required.

Cons

Staffing has not been great for over a year. Often working one or two nurses short. Frequently extra units are opened in the main parts of the hospital that were closed when the patient tower was opened. These units take from the tower units to staff. Many CNA's are unpleasant to work with and often missing from their assigned areas.

There does not feel like floor nurses are supported. Many of the retention reasons are gone (bonuses, nurses gala, many events of nurses week).