MedSynergies

Updated Apr 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John R. Thomas

Great place to start your career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MedSynergies full-time

ProsThis is a great place to start your career, especially if you're a new college graduate. Great timings, no micromanagement, great co-workers. The culture is amazing and the company puts emphasis on the character which is awesome. There's a nice workout center in the building and the location is convenient. You'll learn a lot especially if you're new in the work force. Build relationships with quality people.

ConsThe longer you stay here, the more you'll uncover annoying practices that you won't be able to get over. There are days where we are super busy, then days where we are super bored. Management will put you through hours of meetings where they stress the importance of "hiring internally" but when you want to apply internally, they'll tell you they'd rather hire from outside, even though you can do the same job 10x better. Due to this, you start to feel undervalued and unappreciated. Warning: Graduate students, only work here while you're getting your degree. The second you get it, move on because it will be useless here and management will tell you point blank that your advanced degree holds no value.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your junior co-workers, when they ask for work, give them the toughest projects and help them GROW rather than trying to do everything yourselves. We are here for a reason, utilize us. Be more transparent about promotions-have an open door policy. HIRE INTERNALLY, there are a bunch of employees willing to work 10x harder if they got the opportunity.

Run for the hills!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MedSynergies full-time

ProsNice location, gym on premises

ConsHorrible benefits, bad management. Cut throat environment and un-trustworthy coworkers.

Sad

Client Accountant (Former Employee)

I worked at MedSynergies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI cannot find any pros to fill the 20 word minimum. I cannot find any pros to fill the 20 word minimum.

ConsManagement is selfish, non caring, and quite egotistical. Just the fact that you have to tell someone you are the one with the office shows just how shallow you are. That forced smile is actually a snarl. Low level accountants get treated like secretaries. You are not peers, you are only staff and there is no working together. You don't work "with" management, you work "for", and it is made very clear. You are told not to ask your teammates for help. Attrition is atrocious. Management has no idea how to relate to employees and couldn't care less. It is quite Machiavellian. Management has no idea they are not respected due to the way they treat others. They actually think they are good managers. Yet they have as much respect as they have earned, which is zero. They create the rift they speak of .They believe creating a career path for employees is the solution. The reason that won't work is because your PERSONALITY is the problem. Change that and you will find a direct correlation to attrition. Or better yet, leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the employee surveys anonymous from a 3rd party website and you will get the answers you seek so the employees don't have to sit through another unbearable HR rah rah presentation from a completely out of touch executive, presenting countless slides of statistics that aren't even from the company. Employees are afraid even anonymous surveys will be tracked from their work computers.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Medsynergies has grown too quickly and does not have the people or leadership to support the growth.

Human Resources (Current Employee)

I have been working at MedSynergies full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBusiness is great. Signing new business at a phenomenal rate.

ConsLacks leadership and commitment to support the growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should never forget the people who helped start your company.

If offered employment--DECLINE QUICKLY!!!!

I have been working at MedSynergies full-time for more than a year

ProsThe onsite gym is well equipped and FREE and the Café in Tower 1 is AMAZING.

ConsEVERYTHING!!! There are managers that run an tattle as if we are on the school yard. Some managers bully their employees and HR does not assist in resolving these types of problems. Sr. Management treat you as if you are invisible, does not directly communicate with you (something simple as responding to an email your manager is CC'd) but they feel qualified enough to give you a review. The environment sucks...worse decision of MY LIFE to come and work for such an unorganized, uncaring, and unprofessional company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your greatest asset--your Human Resources. Take time to figure out WHY all your positions and turning over. Figure out how to retain your employees--hint, start with appreciating them.

Horrible Benefits

I have been working at MedSynergies

ProsGood place to learn if you are new.

ConsThe benefits have been downgraded. We had Blue Cross Blue Shield with decent deductibles and rates, now we have Meritain (What is that you say?? EXACTLY), the deductibles are high, and for emergency room visits it is $250 plus coinsurance.

You do not get paid holidays, you use your PTO to cover any holidays. Just so happen to use all of your PTO before Christmas or New Year's? Sucks to be you.

Offshoring. They laid off 250+ employees to hire overseas employees instead.

There is horrible communication. When something is wrong, there is no one that you can talk to in upper management.

They do have bonuses, but the goals that they set for you to meet makes it almost impossible to obtain. As the years continue, more and more people have been losing their bonuses. Everyone can't be doing a horrible job.

They don't give you your raise in time. This year, they told us that we would receive our raises in April. The raise will not retro back to include the beginning of the year.

BOTTOM LINE: this company is very money hungry, they cut costs wherever possible. They don't care about their employees which is apparent in the transfer of jobs, decrease in benefits, and low pay, unless you are in upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop putting money before your employees. If you have good employees and you don't treat them well, that will cost you more money to replace them, as well as paying to fix a newbie's mistakes.

Wonderful place to grow while it was small however has not been able to handle company growth it has had.

I have been working at MedSynergies full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPeople here have a sense of what needs to get done and do it.

Cons"Good 'ol boys club environment."

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to listen to the individuals who are doing the work not just the ones managing them.

Current Employee

I have been working at MedSynergies

ProsNice building and covered garage

ConsTerrible place to work. Especially DO NOT join to JV group between Medsynergies and Vanguard Healthcare System if you are applying there for new opportunity. Tenet Healthcare has recently announced to purchase Vanguard Healthcare System so everyone in that JV group will loose his/her job in near future. In addition, some individuals in that JV group have terrible personalities to work with. They will claim credit by making you work hard and throw you under bus to get anything done.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care people who really work hard instead of some people at management level with poor skills

Best place ever worked

Irving, TX

I have been working at MedSynergies full-time for less than a year

ProsTremendous opportunities for growth. Recognition for hard work. Rewarded for knowledge and experience. Great location, building, amenities. Good salary.

ConsRapid growth means limited resources. It's just growing pains and growth is a good thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a close eye on leaders. Inexperience can really cause damage if not monitored closely. Enforce accountability.

can you rate a company no stars?

Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee)
Irving, TX

I worked at MedSynergies full-time for less than a year

ProsNice building, location, Covered parking, Amazing gym... And the cafeteria is pretty good

ConsPretty much everything. This company is the most disappointing job experience I've ever had. People in management frequently get promoted with no actual industry experience. You're micromanaged, and I witnessed people who were constantly harangued over the most trivial things. Employees are definitely NOT all treated equally. Run, don't walk away from a recruiter if they approach you for a job

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a shakedown. Study what is being done by each department in order to improve this company. It could have been the most amazing place to work but instead, I think a sweatshop has more employee satisfaction. I don't know if this company is too far gone to be saved. The corporate values are great but if they're not enforced, they're just words

Worked for MedSynergies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedSynergies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MedSynergies CEO John R. Thomas . All 26 reviews posted anonymously by MedSynergies employees.