MedSynergies

Updated October 27, 2014
Updated October 27, 2014
2.3

John R. Thomas

Good company to work for

Current Employee - IT Quality Assurance Analyst in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - IT Quality Assurance Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at MedSynergies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Leadership has good vision. Good technologies. Focus on automation

Cons

Average Salary. Lack of professional training services

Need to help the employees train in automated technologies and other latest software best practices.

Depends on your personality

Former Employee - Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at MedSynergies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growth, expansion. Freedom to explore new ideas.

Cons

Lack Organization, No leadership in operations. No one will make decisions. Wants to move forward but can't seem to figure out how to do it. Impossible to get anything done.

A little more structure

Growing, forward-thinking, and exciting company to work for

Former Employee - Marketing in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing in Irving, TX

I worked at MedSynergies as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Fast paced
    -Growing company with a lot of excitement
    -gives responsibilities/promotes based off quality of work as compared to tenure

Cons

-Culture could use an improvement. Office is a cubicle labyrinth
    -Communication could be better and more forward

Good company but bad management.

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Irving, TX

I have been working at MedSynergies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Their is a lot of room for advancement.

Cons

Management is unprofessional and liars.

They need to learn how to be professional and not discriminate.

Goat Rope Central. Avoid at all costs.

Current Employee - Analyst in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at MedSynergies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice workout facilities and cafe. Covered parking.

Cons

Direction and projects change hourly. Forget to include key stake holders during implementation of new clients. Key stake holders brought in months after go lives. Short sighted. No long term vision except for dollar signs. No training (internal and external). Promotions are based on the archaic nepotism ideals in place. Silo'd communication. Always seeking how to bring in the new client and then the old clients are forgotten about. Zero timely follow through. Imagine a company ran by kindergarteners with ADD... Turn over well into the double digits.

Officially give up as it is readily apparent senior management is riding out a buyout/merger.

Great place to start a career!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Irving, TX

I have been working at MedSynergies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You're in charge of your own destiny. Nothing is ever going to be given to you on silver plater. Bring your fresh look on processes and provide your ideas. You can make things happen here. It's a TEAM, high performance, and quality driven environment. Take charge. Positive attitudes will go far to envolk change here. Up and coming roaring for success operetion!

Cons

Very lean, sometimes overwhelming, work environment. Need more mentoring, coaching and investment in your employees. We can't do it alone. Sometimes a little bit of polish can do wonders. Too sterile of an environment, cold and inability to have fun is greatly reduced by gustoppo type working environment. You may be chastised for trivial things that may be important for some, but blows the heck out of moral.

Let your people be people and have fun. Let your employees be heard and be who they are at work. Invest and show your employees you care with timely incentives for all their hard work!

Don't do it

Former Employee - Training in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Training in Irving, TX

I worked at MedSynergies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced company. Decent pay. Nice safe facility (Irving office). Great business model. The company truly serves a purpose. I have never seen anyone do anything illegal or unethical. They continue to build controls into processes to protect systems and patient privacy.

Cons

Where to begin...
    1. Seems as though the company exists only to serve CEO's ego.Very self serving and egotistical. He loves to brag on his car and name drops all the time about who he had dinner with or played golf with or who he had to schmooze to close a deal.

2. Everyone in leadership positions (Director or above) got their job because they are golf buddies or old college friends or other good old boy relation to someone in leadership. This is true in the corp office but not necessarily in the clinics.

3. The absolutely worst culture. Leadership or managers never want to change because to them the need for change means that they were doing something wrong and no one ever wants to be wrong. Change management as evolution, progression, or just a state of improvement is not supported in any way. What's worse is they brought in a manager to create a culture program and MEDSYNERGIZE folks. He has no background in change management or developing culture. He just made friends with the right people.

4. Corporate structure is a joke. There is a reorganization approx every 6-9 months. Reorgs are done with little foresight or planning. Mostly reorganization are done when another good old boy is hired and they need to give him some staff to manage. There are VPs reporting to VPs and Directors reporting to Directors for no particular reason. I went through more reorgs there during my 2.5 year tenure than I have during all my years of corporate experience combined.

5.Front line managers are given a lot of responsibility with little authority to manage. First management position I've ever had where I didn't get a budget. I had to ask my manager for everything. He in turn had to ask his manager for approval even though he was a VP by title. What VP doesn't have a budget and I mean for menial things like ordering lunch or buying pens.

6 The environment is sterile and unwelcoming.
    To use the printer every department had to have their own paper. Makes sense if every department has its own printer but it doesn't which means you actually had to carry a stack of paper to the printer each time you want to print anything.

At you cube there can be no med or large size plants at a desk. Limited number of photos and you can't hang anything inside your cube. I've been a manager for a long time and am business educated. I know that when an employee makes him/herself comfortable at the office the greater the loyalty. If you don't have any personal items at your desk it makes it easy to walk away.

7. They flat out don't care. Evident by the exit interview which is done by Surveymonkey and doesn't ask any specific questions about why you are leaving. One of the leadership members that took over my department during one of the many reorgs told me that he had never heard of my profession and he didn't know what I did (as a job)and made it very clear that he didn't care.

If you have meetings scheduled with leadership they will just not show up for the meeting. No reschedule or apology. It happened many times because they don't respect what you do and the higher the title the more important they think they are and the less important you become.

I would never recommend this company to any one unless looking for a short term experience to build a resume.

I know the spelling and grammar is pretty bad here but I'm on a mobile device. All apologies.

Get a culture specialist and change management program so that you can begin to build a sustainable company. 16 years in business is great but 60 years is better. You won't make it at this rate.

Good place for beginners

I worked at MedSynergies

Pros

Growth opportunities for new college graduates.

Cons

Leadership is horrible. They have hype without substance

Open your eyes

Love working here!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at MedSynergies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management is great, salary is competitive, lots of room for advancement, very low key atmosphere, flexible schedules, benefits, and they treat you with respect.

I really enjoy working here because it is so much better than a call center job (where I came from), and it pays more and is more relaxing. I have never been happier at a job. My manager takes the time to acknowledge my efforts, and the CEO is super friendly and will talk to you at any opportunity.

Cons

I have no problems that I can think of, aside from the awkward placement of the common/break room.

Great company to work for!!!!

Current Employee - Department Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at MedSynergies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Commitments made are commitments kept.
    Small company that is big on integrity and values.
    CEO, President, CIO and COO are honest nice people who are very visible and engaged with the company and employees.
    Opportunities exist everywhere.
    Leaders listen to their teams.
    Consistently doubled business in past three years.

Cons

The quick growth ofthe company requires continuous many changes and some people view change as a negative.

Continue to bring in strong talent!