MedTech College

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Federal Work Study is a HUGE help!!! - Atlanta Campus

Federal Work Study (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsExtraordinary staff and students to work with and be around. Admissions really brings the place alive with energy.

ConsCons, not many. Perhaps, items arriving in a timely fashion.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the great job.

Terrible place to work!!!

ProsThere is nothing good about this company

ConsLong, painful hours, Lies to students

Very positive, learned a lot about Career Colleges and how they operate, from the admissions to process to graduation.

Director of Admissions (Former Employee)
    Greenwood, IN

ProsThere is room for advancement, if you are in the right department. Not so much for instructors, due to heavy workload and high turnover

ConsThe students really are a number in this business, these for profit schools. Admissions has to meet their monthly, quarterly, enrollment goal.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Private Indianapolis College Maliciously Adjusting Grades For Profit

Student (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsMet some great instructors with excellent passion and energy before they quit due to frustrations of working for such a corruptive and greedy corporation. Special thanks to: Ms. Kimmel, Ms. Johnson, Ms. Mathis, Ms. Tawney for all of their hard work, dedication, and professional knowledge.

ConsAdmissions staff have little to no integrity for not being honest during enrollment process, High faculty turnovers which displays instability, Falsely adjusted grades to make students repeat classes which cost the students more money and Medtech gains profit, policies and procedures are not time efficient and inconsistent, lack of supplies for SIM labs, clinical scheduling is chaotic.......

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing greedy and untruthful gets you nowhere.

For profit, not for education

Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsGrateful students
    Interesting subjects to teach
    Some freedom in the classroom to adapt material

ConsObviously putting $ into nursing program not other Allied Health programs. Old non-functional equipment & outdated class materials. Depend on adjunct faculty & then treat them like 2nd class citizens.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lining your pockets with the profits & focus on actually providing the Extraordinary experience you advertise.

The media is right to be concerned about proprietary education.

Library Services Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsInitially, management was excellent. The company was small and managed as a region of four campuses. The management team was student-centered and cared about employees. I learned a great deal about higher education and had many opportunities.

ConsOnce the company merged with Sanz and Javelin Technical Schools, sweeping changes were made to the company's structure. After a year of turmoil, additional house-cleaning began to sweep the previously instated new management out once again. This led to a state of constant instability. As the company began aggressively posturing for a sale, changes continued. Massive Reductions in Force swept across all campuses, eliminating roles at all levels and requiring those left to do more with less. Before I was RIFfed, I was managing the library, coordinating students with disabilities, managing Federal Work Study, subbing for instructors, writing a significant portion of the self-study, and sitting on half a dozen committees that met for a minimum of six hours per week. To juggle all of these responsibilities, I was working 60+ hours a week. I was constantly criticized and told that we all needed to prioritize our jobs if we wanted to keep them. It was just too much.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the campuses, not in glutting corporate pocketbooks. While the Board of Directors is surely seeing an increased profit margin due to the cuts at the campus level, the quality of education is suffering and graduates are not prepared. You are creating a mess that will impact the future of healthcare for generations.

Management

Instructor (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThe pros of this organization is the correlation among peers. Such great people to work with (Instructors). Most importantly, the engagement shared with the student body that is amazing from young to old,, watching them excel in each class all the way to graduation which is most rewarding for me to see their outcome on what they have achieved.

ConsManagement is unfair, unreasonable and unrealistic. Your hard work is unrecognized and unappreciated. After working three years with exceptional student evaluations, never tardy and always present with minimal time off decide to lay off. It makes you wonder why put forth positive effort. But, on the other side of that, it's all about the students! Beware when applying at this institution.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Management is to take pride, uplift and encourage your faculty for they are the backbone of the institution. In addition, this is all about the students so act like it. Medtech's motto is "extraordinary"...well act like you care when you comes to your staff!

Company has good people, but terrible upper CSC management

Member of CMT (Former Employee)

ProsThe Associates and faculty are wonderful, pay is good, students are wonderful to work with and are worth all of the hard work.

ConsSenior Leadership at the CSC and Executive Director level are out of touch with the faculty and what students need. Are cutting costs and raising tuition at the same time which isnt fair to the end customer. Lack of leadership development and opportunities to advance unless you have former work experience with Senior Leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from your program director and campus management teams because you are bringing in people who have industry experience but have been cast off by other institutions.

Still chasing their tails. How exhausting

ProsThey manage to hire SOME people who really care...

Cons...but strategy changes daily and there is never any follow-through, enough resources or support to gain ground.

Completely Terrible

Admissions Representative (Former Employee)
    Greenwood, IN

ProsMet a few good friends

ConsUnrealistic expectations for amount of work that admissions representatives could have gotten done, did not understand that the market was changing and did not make the required changes, you had to ask permission before you could leave, was hired on with the intent that you would work occasional Saturdays, but it was nearly every Saturday because they were always behind goal. Encouraged to accept any student, even if sometimes it was not in their best interests.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate your admissions practices and take a harder look at what's going on.

Worked for MedTech College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedTech College reviews and ratings. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by MedTech College employees.