MedTech College

Updated November 18, 2014
Updated November 18, 2014
2.1

CEO

I enjoyed teaching and mentoring the students at Medtech.

Former Employee - Nursing Faculty in Greenwood, IN
    Former Employee - Nursing Faculty in Greenwood, IN

I worked at MedTech College full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ability to use creativity in my teaching style. Pay and benefits were good. Staff was very supportive and helpful of new instructors.

Cons

Communication from upper management not always the best. Student selection process could use some improvement.

Mislead into position

I worked at MedTech College

Pros

Pay and people are nice

Cons

Stability. Make phone calls all day to people who are not interested

No upward mobility and low rate of pay

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Washington, DC

I worked at MedTech College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being able to interact with people from different walks of life. I was able to use the skills from there to move forward into different areas of work.

Cons

There is no upward mobility. After being there over 2 years I watched the higher ups (corporate) bring in their friends/former colleagues from outside and place them in higher positions versus promoting within.

Look at who has helped your company grow from within before bringing your friends in.

Terrible place to work!!!

I have been working at MedTech College full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is nothing good about this company

Cons

Long, painful hours, Lies to students

Federal Work Study is a HUGE help!!! - Atlanta Campus

Former Employee - Federal Work Study in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Federal Work Study in Atlanta, GA

I worked at MedTech College part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Extraordinary staff and students to work with and be around. Admissions really brings the place alive with energy.

Cons

Cons, not many. Perhaps, items arriving in a timely fashion.

Continue with the great job.

Very positive, learned a lot about Career Colleges and how they operate, from the admissions to process to graduation.

Former Employee - Director of Admissions in Greenwood, IN
    Former Employee - Director of Admissions in Greenwood, IN

I worked at MedTech College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is room for advancement, if you are in the right department. Not so much for instructors, due to heavy workload and high turnover

Cons

The students really are a number in this business, these for profit schools. Admissions has to meet their monthly, quarterly, enrollment goal.

Private Indianapolis College Maliciously Adjusting Grades For Profit

Current Employee - Student in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Student in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at MedTech College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Met some great instructors with excellent passion and energy before they quit due to frustrations of working for such a corruptive and greedy corporation. Special thanks to: Ms. Kimmel, Ms. Johnson, Ms. Mathis, Ms. Tawney for all of their hard work, dedication, and professional knowledge.

Cons

Admissions staff have little to no integrity for not being honest during enrollment process, High faculty turnovers which displays instability, Falsely adjusted grades to make students repeat classes which cost the students more money and Medtech gains profit, policies and procedures are not time efficient and inconsistent, lack of supplies for SIM labs, clinical scheduling is chaotic.......

Being greedy and untruthful gets you nowhere.

For profit, not for education

Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at MedTech College part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Grateful students
    Interesting subjects to teach
    Some freedom in the classroom to adapt material

Cons

Obviously putting $ into nursing program not other Allied Health programs. Old non-functional equipment & outdated class materials. Depend on adjunct faculty & then treat them like 2nd class citizens.

Stop lining your pockets with the profits & focus on actually providing the Extraordinary experience you advertise.

The media is right to be concerned about proprietary education.

Former Employee - Library Services Coordinator
    Former Employee - Library Services Coordinator

I worked at MedTech College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Initially, management was excellent. The company was small and managed as a region of four campuses. The management team was student-centered and cared about employees. I learned a great deal about higher education and had many opportunities.

Cons

Once the company merged with Sanz and Javelin Technical Schools, sweeping changes were made to the company's structure. After a year of turmoil, additional house-cleaning began to sweep the previously instated new management out once again. This led to a state of constant instability. As the company began aggressively posturing for a sale, changes continued. Massive Reductions in Force swept across all campuses, eliminating roles at all levels and requiring those left to do more with less. Before I was RIFfed, I was managing the library, coordinating students with disabilities, managing Federal Work Study, subbing for instructors, writing a significant portion of the self-study, and sitting on half a dozen committees that met for a minimum of six hours per week. To juggle all of these responsibilities, I was working 60+ hours a week. I was constantly criticized and told that we all needed to prioritize our jobs if we wanted to keep them. It was just too much.

Invest in the campuses, not in glutting corporate pocketbooks. While the Board of Directors is surely seeing an increased profit margin due to the cuts at the campus level, the quality of education is suffering and graduates are not prepared. You are creating a mess that will impact the future of healthcare for generations.

Management

Former Employee - Instructor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Instructor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at MedTech College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pros of this organization is the correlation among peers. Such great people to work with (Instructors). Most importantly, the engagement shared with the student body that is amazing from young to old,, watching them excel in each class all the way to graduation which is most rewarding for me to see their outcome on what they have achieved.

Cons

Management is unfair, unreasonable and unrealistic. Your hard work is unrecognized and unappreciated. After working three years with exceptional student evaluations, never tardy and always present with minimal time off decide to lay off. It makes you wonder why put forth positive effort. But, on the other side of that, it's all about the students! Beware when applying at this institution.

Advice to Management is to take pride, uplift and encourage your faculty for they are the backbone of the institution. In addition, this is all about the students so act like it. Medtech's motto is "extraordinary"...well act like you care when you comes to your staff!