MedTravelers Reviews

3.8
Susan Salka
1 Rating

1. Treated well!

Pros

My recruiter (Julia Stokes) is awesome!!! If you want a good reliable recruiter, she is the one.

Cons

I wouldn't say there are any.

First time as Traverler

Current Employee - PTA in Lake Providence, LA
    Current Employee - PTA in Lake Providence, LA

Pros

Enjoy what i do and very Happy with Mark Rosa Recruiter and Ronda my licensing gal.I have been working 9 months and will continue with this company

Cons

Some problem with payroll errors that has now been great since going to E Timecards. Bye Bye key in errors!

Advice to Management

Thanks for changing the way you do payroll

This place is a mess!

Former Employee - Travel Physical Therapist
    Former Employee - Travel Physical Therapist

I worked at MedTravelers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working as traveler is great if you like to move a lot. Its good money.

Cons

They entire payroll section....(for lack of a better word) is a disaster. Many many therapists I know are having issues with their payroll department. One person even said someone in payroll told her to "use a calculator" to figure out how payroll made a "keying error" and overpaid her over $4,000! If your going to work here you will need a magnifying glass to review your paycheck and be ready to find errors every single pay check. If you want to talk to someone in payroll about it be prepared to stay on hold for over an hour....its kind of like the credit card company customer service. The frustration of dealing with payroll is not worth working at this place. They don't know how to treat their employees and need a lesson on customer service.

Advice to Management

Consider changing the way you do payroll and getting rid of some of your supervisors that treat employees horrible and that don't have a clue what their doing.. Give your entire payroll section a lesson on customer service. Do the wait times for payroll (during the day when employees are suppose to be working with patients) have to be over an hour!? Hire more skilled customer service people.

MedTravelers Response

Dec 15, 2014 – Division Vice Present, Med Travelers

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Med Travelers truly values our travelers and we strive to provide a positive and customer service-focused experience across every aspect of your ... More

EXCELLENT TRAVEL COMPANY

Current Employee - COTA in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - COTA in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MedTravelers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kimberly Benavides is the best recruiter ever! My calls are always answered or returned promptly!

Cons

All is good with Medtravelers

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Director Or Recruiting in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Director Or Recruiting in Irving, TX

I have been working at MedTravelers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment, advancement opportunities, income potential, and strong corporate culture.

Cons

No cons to be put at this time

great company..wish you had tried to find me ANY Nuclear med position

Pros

Your recruiters were knowledgable and friendly..but clubstaffing had me travrling for twelve years

Cons

No work ever available when i was looking!

Advice to Management

Be more aggressive with specialized radiology positions..they really need the backup you can provide. They re usually one tech departments and experience burnout more than ie. Xray!!

Good experience so far

Current Employee - Traveling Speech Pathologist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Traveling Speech Pathologist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MedTravelers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My recruiter has been great. I appreciate her quick responses and good advice. I always feel like she is working for ME. It seems as though they do have some exclusive contracts that other companies do not have (although I have found other companies with a contract MedTravelers didn't have, but usually not). MedTravelers is part of the AMN network, so there is some advantage to being part of a larger organization. Also, they seem to be on top of the requirements for each state and facility. You don't want last minute surprises when you are a traveler, and I haven't had any so far. Lastly, another pro…that southern, Texas friendliness of everyone there. I get called "ma'am"... Often. := )

Cons

Like all travel companies, they are competitive with each other, and at times pressure you. However, that hasn't happened often, and I truly think the pressure was with my interest (as well as theirs) in mind.

Fast-paced environment, things always changing

Former Employee - Coordinator
    Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at MedTravelers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met with my supervisor regularly and I think that really helped me to do improve my performance. Good pay. Casual Fridays with a chance to leave early.

Cons

I was on the administrative side and noticed a great deal of turnover. Things were always changing. A lot of work needed for a promotion but the increase in pay was small.

Advice to Management

Focus on morale to reduce turnover.

Frustrating influx of new workers

Former Employee - Recruiting Consultant in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiting Consultant in Irving, TX

Pros

Fun co workers Good social network outside of the office Ok commission structure balanced by low base salary Competitive environment

Cons

Constant influx of new workers High rate of turnover Call center-like environment Limited room for advancement outside of existing structure

Advice to Management

Increase employee development to limit turnover Encourage teamwork and innovation Provide more hands on training and opportunities for advancement in department

Volatile Environment

Former Employee - Senior Territory Sales Consultant in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Territory Sales Consultant in Irving, TX

Pros

*Great commission structure *Great training *Great support on tools needed to do the job *Great rewards for achieving goals

Cons

*Promoted based on "good old boy" system *Benefits expensive for a division of large public company (AMN Healthcare) *Huge turnover - if people make it 8 months, that's a life time *Production varies with economy but goals are not adjusted to allow for that

Advice to Management

Don't promote people because they fit in with the "guys" literally. Promote on ability and track record.

RSS Feed </> Embed