Medcan Clinic Reviews

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
Dr. Robert Francis, MDCM

Amazing service offering, great people, but lack of vision and leadership from senior management.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Medcan Clinic as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

During my time at Medcan I had the opportunity to lead a number of exciting projects. I loved the variety of projects that I was able to participate in and was given a huge amount of autonomy. The people are amazing......friendly, smart and a joy to work with. I also had the opportunity to make use of some of Medcan's service offerings and they are world-class - I cannot recommend this aspect of Medcan highly enough.

Cons

There are some serious politics and a lack of support from key senior leadership in dealing with issues in a timely manner. Lots of frustration (across the board) around the internal processes which don't always set people up for success. Sometimes the focus is very sales heavy and less about building mutually beneficial relationships.

Advice to Management

Better coaching and guidance needed for junior staff members so that they learn early on how to behave appropriately in the workplace. More transparent and open communication goes a long way.

2. great place to start..

Current Employee - Clinic in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Clinic in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Medcan Clinic

Pros

great place to start, training available with multiple teams

Cons

private company, more concerned about money and business sales rather than preventative health

Advice to Management

value employees and their hardwork rather than concentrating on business and money

3. Great work place

I have been working at Medcan Clinic

Pros

- great environment - nice coworkers - great team building

Cons

- far from where I live

Advice to Management

- keep doing what you're doing

It's a good place to work, however there is lots of unnecessary politics. Far too many managers

I have been working at Medcan Clinic

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, lots of good people, nice offices and workspace, great accommodation for employees (nice lunch room), company offers great service to clients

Cons

Poorly trained managers who were promoted because they knew someone up top. There are far more competent and qualified staff who work there and should be managers but they're not due to nepotism. Many managers are workplace bullies, expecting staff to work long, arduous hours (oddly enough this place is a health clinic that promotes a healthy work/life balance). Far too much micro managing. Senior managers are downright rude, ostentatious and will never even make eye contact with other staff and simply say hello or good afternoon. Sometimes it seems that senior management ensures that employees are apprehensive in voicing their concerns about policies.

Advice to Management

Several managers here are wasting company resources and money. A company this small doesn't this this many managers, most of who are incompetent.

6. Temporary to get started if you have no experience - too much bureaucracy

Current Employee - Medical Tester in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Medical Tester in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Medcan Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

professional, early shifts (no late nights or after 5pm), positive environment for clients

Cons

take full advantage of existing resources with only casual staffs (no benefits/nothing), too much of bureaucracy, vp/managers are not in touch with their employees, hard to really communicate about issues

Advice to Management

hire full time/part-time permanent employees - rather than being short-staffed every single day with casuals, it is a growing company but things needs to be a little bit more structured

Way too many VP's and Directors / Not enough support staff

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Medcan Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Medcan Clinic is a great place to work, great compensation and perks The people are fantastic and really work hard Offer 2 big events every year (you can even bring your spouse to the Christmas party) Smaller events offered throughout the year Eligible for bonus - twice a year Excellent wellness program 40% staff discount on all services free Comprehensive Health Assessment every year (or for a friend/family member)

Cons

Positions within the company are no longer being posted: friends or friends of friends are being hired instead. It is becoming a "who you know" type of workplace Senior management is out of touch with their front line staff - do not seek feedback or input Frustration on the front line level: not enough admin support Benefits are good but could be improved upon Vacation time is standard (2 weeks per year). Not what you would expect from a company that promotes work/life balance and claims to be leading edge.

Advice to Management

Organization is very top heavy - too many VP's and Directors that are out of touch with front line staff. Post positions internally Share your vision - communication is very poor across the board Company is becoming very corporate/sales focused making a less fun place to work

Bad Senior Managent-baddly managed company. Too many senior managers and little support. Good people in lower levels

I have been working at Medcan Clinic full-time

Pros

Meet hard working and kind hearted people in lower levels. Find that there are some people very willing to help when you are new. Flexible schedule

Cons

Too many senior level managers with very little admin support, who tend to pile on tasks/responsabilities to the existing admin people- to a point where it is too overwhelming. There is no proprer management structre- messy. Little planing is involved when deciding to implement new projects. No proper training program exists for new hires.

Advice to Management

For less turnover senior managers need too listen to their employees needs and make an effort to improve their work environment. An oranized/complete training program should be created for each specific position. Need to hire more admin staff so less mistakes are made by staff being too overwhelmed.

9. Great Entry-Level temporary experience

I worked at Medcan Clinic

Pros

Fast pace environment, which I like to work in.

Cons

When I arrived there was a lack of organization with the files.

Advice to Management

Improve file saving skills

10. Great company but....

I worked at Medcan Clinic full-time

Pros

Medcan Clinic is a great place to work, great compensation and perks as well as the people. Medcan is a high end clinic and you definitely get the best here.

Cons

I worked in I.T. and was dissatisfied with management. I just felt at times my manager was VERY unprofessional and disrespected his employees. If you're not working in I.T. then definitely come here to work.

11. Best Place I've Ever Worked

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Medcan Clinic part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Medcan Clinic is a fantastic place to work. One of Canada's Top 50 best managed companies, Medcan has a strong brand affiliated with the highest quality services and professional development. The company takes a strong interest in developing successful employees who make a difference with their clients everyday. Compensation is competitive and the work environment is second to none.

Cons

Because Medcan is still a relatively young company, it is still developing its policies and procedures in several departments. As such, there can be a void sometimes in terms of how something should best be done, or in consistency when there is a lack of policy.

Advice to Management

Keep filling in the gaps and the hard work will pay off!

RSS Feed </> Embed