Medco Health
www.express-scripts.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

Medco Health Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2014
Medco Health – Portland – “office”

Medco Health CEO George Paz

George Paz

Pros:
  • "You can work from home or go into the office - this is the best and probably only perk"
    in 28 reviews
  • "Ability to work at home can help with work/life balance issues"
    in 15 reviews
Cons:
  • "There are a lot of politics and there is no such thing as work life balance"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Looks like Express Scripts is just another low-wage job in a company that hands out jobs in Manilla"
    in 16 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Worse place to work in Dallas

Customer Service (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsPay and benefits and that is all

ConsThe management does not know how a call center should be run. the system is archaic. I have been there for a while and the system is the same as it has been since I started with very few upgrades. Merged with another company and 150 left on voluntary layoff. No consistency from one supervisor to the next on procedures and statistics...

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to quit and start over

Started as a great company to work with, but degraded with Express Scripts bought them.

ProsIt is a Fortune 50 company

ConsIt is a Heartless company now

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some human relationships integrated into your business culture

Medco was a great place to work because the roles were challenging and employees were compensated well for contributions

Director (Current Employee)
    Franklin Lakes, NJ

ProsTotal compensation was good and employees were treated with respect.

ConsAfter the merger with Express Scripts, some job responsibilities changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease acknowledge East Coast cost of living,

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great learning experience in a good company

Medco Pbs (Former Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsCommission was amazing as well as the benefits. Training was thorough and assisted in completing duties to the fullest. Managers were there to help assist you in improving sales and provided great learning feedback on how to improve sales techniques.

ConsAt times there were several changes to scripting and dialogue to callers. Need more training on how to pronounce medicine names and which were maintenance form medications and which were temporary.

Not worth working there

Business Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsGym. Cafeteria.
    HR always have food laying around, so you may go there for a bagel, snack or something.

ConsEverything is done the hard way. Female managers constantly cat-fighting each other, using their employees like pawns. You can get 3 different answers from 3 people of the same unit on the same question. Constant disconnects, pointing fingers and email chains running till 11 PM. Very little or no knowledge-sharing, some managers passing knowledge to temps, not full timers. Poor parking .

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope maybe ESI suits will clean up this mess.

Medco is now Express Scripts ESI

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Dublin, OH

ProsIt's an income. That's about it.

ConsSince Express Scripts took over this place went down hill fast. The work at home reps now have to purchase our own business class Internet to work for the company. This was provided to us previously. We also lost our company paid retirement plan and the medical benefits are not great for a company that is fortune 50. If you decide to work there keep it short term. Hopefully a union gets voted in eventually. The place needs one bad. It didn't when we were Medco.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your reps as valuable people. Not robots!!

Not for those interested in marketing

Senior Director (Former Employee)
    Franklin Lakes, NJ

ProsCasual work environment. Solid operations and technology discipline.

ConsSelf absorbed leadership were hungry to get rich. Limited philanthropic contributions.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Sr analyst

ProsGreat pay and great people

ConsIntegration of two companies has been difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people within the group

Eyes on the ROM

Technical Specialist (Former Employee)
    Franklin Lakes, NJ

ProsI have never worked with a more competent crew. Innovation under Medco was a priority and a plus. The culture is shifting to a more monolithic model. If something does not fit a pattern, it is not done.

ConsWork life balance is non existent. 60 hour work weeks mean that you are slacking. Duplication of effort due to the lack of a clear definition of roles and responsibilities by management more than 1 year into the acquisition of MHS by ESI. This has caused a very confrontational environment. Management has fallen down on the retention of key employees post acquisition.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace more value upon the opinions of your staff. Provide a clear and unique purpose for departments to reduce friction between teams.

Working here is like working in jail.

Pharmaceutical Benefits Representative (Former Employee)
    Dublin, OH

ProsFlexiibility in hours; able to work two jobs

ConsBottom line profit is the major concern of this company. Tied to a headset and given exactly thirty minutes for lunch, no leeway. Meet sales goals, or be treated as if you're worthless. Work in a room with cubicles with high sides so that you don't see co-workers, and talking is discouraged. Cubicles are in a room with gray walls and no windows - like a jail cell.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo some team building to increase employee morale. WOW awards do not cut it. Improve work environment by adding windows and adding some greenery to make it look like an office, not an institution.

Worked for Medco Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medco Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Medco Health CEO George Paz. All 223 reviews posted anonymously by Medco Health employees.