Medcor Reviews

Updated August 17, 2014
Updated August 17, 2014
4.6

Philip Seeger

Fantastic, until you give notice.

I worked at Medcor as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really loved the job and the environment I was working in. My Regional manager and the Corp. Staff were very friendly and helpful with everything from the hiring process, to benefit reimbursement for HSA, and tuition reimbursement. I felt very supported by a well ran, respectable company.

Cons

It is a contracting company, so I felt a lot of the tensions from the company I was providing healthcare services for, and Corp. And when I gave my notice, a 2 month notice might I add, the fangs came out! I was no longer a valued employee, but a deserter. Treated very hostile and felt devalued.

Be reasonable. If you are losing a contract and employee's decide to leave to further careers and be able to eat, don't try to burn them at the stake. And be careful when discussing how you plan send a rude, mean-spirited email from a Regional Director to HR regarding a loyal employee of over 2 years, that has given ample notice, that you don't accidently hit "Reply All" because the employee will see it...

Exceptional place to work

Former Employee - Medical Administrator in Elkhart, IN
    Former Employee - Medical Administrator in Elkhart, IN

I worked at Medcor full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employee oriented company that invest in its people

Cons

Jobs are dependent on contracts and these can change quickly

Remember that the people on the ground in the facilities are the face of Medcor. It is not the corporate staff that keeps the renewals coming

Overall a good experience.

I have been working at Medcor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, pay, and work. Administrators for the most part are left to run their clinic.

Cons

I don't see any opportunities for growth from the field. Definitely feel like just a number. Corporate does not return phone calls or emails. You must constantly be on corporate if you need an answer. However, if corporate needs something from you...you are expected to answer immeadiately.

Upper management is distant from the field. Be more receptive and offer opportunities for growth.

Medcor is an exciting company to work for by offering a great working environment. Medcor is making a difference!

Current Employee - Human Resources in McHenry, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources in McHenry, IL

I have been working at Medcor full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great working relationships
    Company culture is important to all associates.
    Open door policy with senior management
    Associates are treated well by Medcor
    Opportunity for growth within the company
    CEO & COO are truly committed to making Medcor a fun place to work
    Medcor is unique in what it can provide in healthcare.
    Medcor has a variety of exciting sites and high profile clients.

Cons

It is a growing company - so there are some growing pains.

Keep an open ear to associate suggestions, concerns and praise.

Excellent Employer

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Medcor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Positive work environment in a rapidly growing, forward-thinking company.
    -Excellent pay and benefits.
    -Excellent, flexible schedules.
    -Willing to work with employees who are going back to school to advance their careers.
    -Open door policy with management.
    -Locations across United States.
    -Opportunities for paramedics, EMTs, nurses and practitioners alike.
    -This company breaks the class ceiling for paramedics.

Cons

-None. This is truly the best company I have ever worked for.
    -I wish I would have found Medcor sooner.

Keep up the great work. You have a great model and the sky is the limit.

Finally a decent place to work

I have been working at Medcor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

After years of bouncing around I finally have a steady, stable career, and its not as physically draining as many other jobs I qualify for.

Cons

Boring a lot of the time. When one project finishes the next may not be there immediately, so there may be a break in the steady income.

RN- triage/call center

Former Employee - RN - Triage in McHenry, IL
    Former Employee - RN - Triage in McHenry, IL

I worked at Medcor full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay scale is okay. Co-workers are friendly. The corporate environment is very employee work/life focused but it policies and values do not transfer to the call center employees. Possible work from home opportunities but there is always a string attached. Founders of the company seem to really work hard at creating a positive work environment but it does not translate to the call center employees.

Cons

Call center managers (different than corporate management) got their positions on a fluke as the company expanded and simply do not have good management skills. Consistency in policies and how weekends and schedules are offered are poor and it creates hard feelings towards managers (not co-workers).

Corporate leaders: please look closely at how the call center runs and who is running it. A portion of review and pay scale should be based on performance. Slackers get paid same as those who excel and exceed expectations. Last, treat the call center employees as well as you do the corporate and IT employees.

High growth, stable, fast moving company with plenty of advancement opportunities.

Current Employee - Manager in McHenry, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in McHenry, IL

I have been working at Medcor full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

entrepreneurial, quick decision-making, very advanced IT systems (software and hardware), readily willing to consider new services and business opportunities; very committed to wellness - employees and family members; very stable company and business, even during the recent severe recession; very low client turn-over

Cons

minimal top-down communication from CEO to rank and file organization about corporate strategy

Challenging, Fast Paced, Autonomy, Advanced IT, Travel, and to work in non-traditional medical settings.

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Medcor full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Medcor has unique positions in the field for Doctor's, Nurses, NP's, PA's, Paramedic's, EMT's, and occasionally Clerical personnel. These positions operate in construction, distripution, entertainment, EMS, Fire Dept. Competive salary, 401K benefits, dierct deposit, PTO time, paid holiday's.

Cons

Most folks have cons about their employer's, but in th eamout of time I've been here (over 25 years) it's been a good experience. My only complaint is that they do not offer 5 weeks PTO after 25 years on the job.

Keep growing the company. Would like to see it become the #1 provider of on-site medical providers in the country.

Great benefits, education reimbersement, but lacking in leadership.

Former Employee - Medical Tech in Waverly, OH
    Former Employee - Medical Tech in Waverly, OH

I worked at Medcor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary, Healthcare benefits, tuition reimbersement, and very well staffed.

Cons

Strained relations with contracted companies. Little support or directions when complications between Medcor and contracting compay occur.

More focus on mediation when conflicts occur to relieve the pressure on employess and increased overall outcomes.