Medecision Reviews

Reset
2.5
Medecision President & CEO Deborah M. Gage
Deborah M. Gage

Pros
  • The company is moving to state of the art facilities, which plenty of opportunities for work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Flexible schedule with telecommuting and work-from-home options (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • A lot of talk about work/life balance, but don't try to actually have (in 6 reviews)

• Senior management brought in hand-picked people that did not know the business or were particularly good at there jobs (in 6 reviews)

Initech

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pockets of intelligent, passionate people Smart CEO

Cons

Where are the executives? High turnover - cut-throat environment Battle between old company and new company Micro-management amuck

Advice to Management

Secure the talent you have left

Where the action is

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- At the forefront of HIT innovation - Smart, committed people - Not afraid to have fun, while getting serious work done - Growing, so lots of room for advancement

Cons

- Fast pace isn't for everyone - HIT market in general is frothy- so expect continued change as healthcare transforms - 401k plan anemic

Advice to Management

Continue on the path we've laid out. Focus on hiring doers and change agents. Keep transparency and lines of communication open.

Medecision Response

Jun 11, 2015 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write. You are correct that the fast pace isn't for everyone but for those that thrive in an environment like that, it's a great place to be.

Former Employee

I worked at Medecision

Pros

Salary and some very talented co workers. I am sorry that I have to just type words to fulfill the 20 word minimum, because I can not think of any other Pros.

Cons

Placed employees in situations that guaranteed failure. After severe layoffs employees were expected to perform tasks and fill positions that they were not qualified for. Writing QA test scripts and acting as Project Managers and or Business Analysts when they were degreed in and hired for a completely unrelated field. This was a no win situation for the employee, the company and the customer. No wonder Medecision is a sinking ship.

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice for Management. I offer advice only if I have a reason to believe that the advice will be considered. Deb Gage and her team of friends have taken Medecision down the wrong path. I don't believe they are interested in advice.

surprise - a decent review

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

people are great. pay, benefits and perks are good. always work with new technologies. i've always been treated well by management. never an issue to work from home.

Cons

work/life balance can be a real drag. moral often seems low with employees. changes seem to be too rapid and impetuous at times. we seem to bite off more than we can chew. i don't think mgmt ever consults employees, and this is sometimes to their detriment. i think project managers have too many projects too manage and this creates serious gaps.

Gleeful I am Gone; Leaving was Liberating!

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get out as soon as you can. The pros are so few. Removing myself from the unethical behavior of the executive--Liberation of the best kind.

Cons

The cons are well articulated in other reviews. If you do not work at Medecision, do not start. If you use Medeicsion's solutions, go to RFP as soon as you can. If you are in-process with implementation; break your contract. The price is worth it. If you are unfortunate enough to still work at Medecision, dust off your resume today and find a real opportunity.

Advice to Management

Current management does not listen to advice so I will type to get to the 20 word minimum. Hurry. Leave.

Broken from within

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing support from co-workers Flexible time and ability to work from home Pay is above market value. Small company benefits

Cons

I really wonder how this company can look at itself and say they are in a good place. There is so much talent and potential, but leadership cannot see beyond their own departments to see the company as a whole. Leadership is encouraged to establish policies that drive wedges between departments.. All for the sake of accountability. Employees do have a voice and I believe we are heard, but the listeners are working against a tsunami of hurtful learned behaviors and resentment. Our legacy product is holding us back technically. I do believe that there is a plan in place to fix that. But we are our own worst enemy. We are keeping ourselves stuck with the old technologies because we are spending too much time and money on answering customers needs. The unrealistic expectations of work level and output is another issue. This is a small company. The plans for each release would be overwhelming for a 1000 person company, let alone a 200 person company. It creates burnout, frustration, low quality products, and employee dissatisfaction.

Advice to Management

Be true to yourself as a company. It is a small company. Accept that truth and own it. Stop and decide what the company's focus truly should be that serves the employees and customers the better. (The best is impossible) You can't fix any external relationships until you fix what is broken internally. Evaluate and fix it instead of just throwing band aids on the problems. Take this necessary time, it is worth it in the long run for the overall health of the company.

Software Developer

Former Employee - Software Developer in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Wayne, PA

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Reasonable compensation and time off good work/life balance

Cons

Management had lost it's connection to the underlying teams Monolithic legacy applications are holding company back technologically lack of new product vision: new projects were based around customer funding instead of new approaches that provide resale opportunities

Medecision Response

May 11, 2015 – Chief People Officer

Dear former Medecision team member, You are correct that Medecision had a history of prioritizing development around specific customer needs. In its first 20 years, Medecision produced care ... More

Brutal and I don't see it changing any time soon

Former Employee - Technical Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Technical Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Medecision pays well and the flexible work schedule is nice So, why would you want to work at Medecision? 1) if you are unemployed 2) if you don't mind working on your vacations, nights and weekends (primarily in the technical groups) 3) if you don't mind being led by an executive team that manages with empty slogans: "World-Class employee experience!", "World-Class customer experience!", "MOJO!" 4) if you are a shameless self-promoter. Generously sprinkle in the terms innovation, future state and world-class and you will find yourself on the fast track in no time 5) if you are just there to collect a paycheck, and all of the daily nonsense doesn't get to you

Cons

At this time I can't recommend Medecision to anyone doing technical work (Development, IT, QA) unless you are a glutton for punishment or looking to make more money. Technical work is no longer valued by the company hence the technical departments have been eviscerated and left to the mercy of whoever yells the loudest on a given day. Those positions were replaced by a crop of VPs and other talking heads who attend meetings for a living and create no discernible output. As far as general work environment, Harvard Business School should do a case study on how it is possible to have such wide disconnects between organizational layers and poor communication within a company this small.

Advice to Management

The management team is all about talking, not listening so I won't waste any more time on this section.

Was once a good company to work for, but economic downturn changed that.

I worked at Medecision

Pros

Salary was good, coworkers were pretty great

Cons

Management changes were rampant; a revolving door for senior management

badecision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

progressive telecommuting policy generous pto smart teams

Cons

culture of keeping your head down leadership don't follow the company's cultural agenda

Advice to Management

practice what you preach

RSS Feed </> Embed