Medecision Reviews

Updated October 18, 2014
2.4

Medecision President & CEO Deborah M. Gage
Deborah M. Gage

Pros
  • Flexibility, work-life balance, compensation, super dedicated & talented people (in 10 reviews)

• You can setup a schedule where you work from home full time, which is very progressive (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • A lot of talk about work/life balance, but don't try to actually have (in 6 reviews)

• Senior management brought in hand-picked people that did not know the business or were particularly good at there jobs (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Well positioned for growth and success

I have been working at Medecision full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Thanks to its long history, what most companies talk about and have as part of their vision is already in place and available in terms of expertise, customers, solution maturity, scale of operations, and breadth and depth of solution.

Management focused on setting the company up for success in the future, with a plan to address key issues and challenges facing the company.

Move to new office locations with brand new, innovative ways to work.

Cons

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. If Charles Dickens were to write a tale about the healthcare industry instead of the two cities, he may well have started with that same sentence.

The industry is going through what an industry analyst called the mother of all speed bumps. There will be winners and losers. This creates conditions where the cheese is moving around a lot, and creates uncertainty among employees. Medecision has its share.

There is lots going on, and a lot less time to do it in (again true for most of the industry, and Medecision has its share). Prioritization is a constant battle, and also the key.

Continue the investments and build on the momentum. Continue the focus on World Class Employee Experience.

Medecision - Great work, challenging industry, good people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is competitive, New office buildings are fabulous. VIrtual work is an option. New tecnology opportunities abound.

Cons

Lots of change with Medecision. Folks that work here need to like a challenging environment where work is ever changing. Leadershhip, Innovation and Candor are expected so be prepared!

Engaged, Inspired, and Empowered

Current Employee - Sales Operations
    Current Employee - Sales Operations

I have been working at Medecision full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I work at Medecision because I am inspired by a leader that challenges to me be innovative, to ask why, and empowers me to think for myself, and acts as my bulletproof vest.

Cons

I've worked at Medecision for some time and I am still unaware of the companies values.

Invest in your workforce at all levels

Great place to work with a lot of momentum going on .

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Company is growing. The leadership team is strong, listens to the employees, and is client focus. More importantly, they are approachable. The company is moving to state of the art facilities, which plenty of opportunities for work life balance. It has an unbelievable mentoring program. We have a lot of momentum going on for us with exciting on-going projects and lot of opportunities in the Pipeline. If you like working hard, like challenges, and not afraid to speak up, this is the place to be.

Cons

There is always room for improvement in any organization. The leadership team is putting a lot of effort to improve legacy processes that could block future growth.

Interesting

I have been working at Medecision as a contractor

Pros

Still learning the environment and meeting people.

Cons

Unsure what to say at this time.

working on it

Excellent place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I worked at Medecision

Pros

flexibility, good people, caring management, innovative

Cons

have to wear many hats

Superb & Fantastic Place to work

Current Employee - Professional Services in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Professional Services in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Medecision

Pros

The team is very supportive and willing to help.
    Lots of hard work, but great pay. It is worth it!

Cons

401K company match needs to be more robust

Place the entire team in one building
    Employee Suggestion email/box
    Quarterly/Annual employee recognition awards

MEDecision is a great place to work!

I have been working at Medecision

Pros

I have enjoyed my time here at MEDecision very much. The three years I have spent with the company have been very exciting and rewarding. I look forward to what the future has to hold and I am proud to be in this organization. I have worked hard and been rewarded for doing so. I really enjoy working with my team, and being a part of the growth at MEDecision.

Cons

I really don't have any complains about MEDecision. It has provided me many opportunities to grow and the leadership has been very supportive of my career goals and giving me the freedom and support to achieve those. I continue to be impressed by all the ways this organization gives back to their employees including intensive employee product training, leadership training, company picnics, company meetings and bi-monthly town hall sessions, just to name a few. There aren't many companies out there in this economy who are continuing to invest in their employees like this.

Keep up the good work! I am really liking where the leadership team is taking this company and I am excited to be a part of it.

Great place with great benefits and flexibility if you have to have some flexibility in your work/life schedule!!!

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision

Pros

Good pay, nice benefits
    Resonable amount of time off
    Good corp structure and management discipline
    Positive outlook of the future of the company and good communication as it relates to business changes from upper management

Cons

Speed of making some decisions
    All in all it is hard to come up with anything too measurable.

Push the sales force to get sales moving and make us an even stronger company than we already are!

Great place to work and grow your career

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Medecision

Pros

* Competent staff
    * Very little, if any, slackers
    * Great pay
    *Fosters career advancement

Cons

* Medical/Dental benefits are not great
    * 401k match could be better

More respect to workers. * The new GA management belittles and chastises his staff in meetings in front of peers (lack of respect and professionalism)