Medecision Reviews

Reset
2.5
Medecision President & CEO Deborah M. Gage
Deborah M. Gage

Pros
  • The company is moving to state of the art facilities, which plenty of opportunities for work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Flexible schedule with telecommuting and work-from-home options (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • A lot of talk about work/life balance, but don't try to actually have (in 6 reviews)

• Senior management brought in hand-picked people that did not know the business or were particularly good at there jobs (in 6 reviews)

1. Great place to work and grow your career

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Medecision

Pros

* Competent staff * Very little, if any, slackers * Great pay *Fosters career advancement

Cons

* Medical/Dental benefits are not great * 401k match could be better

Advice to Management

More respect to workers. * The new GA management belittles and chastises his staff in meetings in front of peers (lack of respect and professionalism)

Great place with great benefits and flexibility if you have to have some flexibility in your work/life schedule!!!

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision

Pros

Good pay, nice benefits Resonable amount of time off Good corp structure and management discipline Positive outlook of the future of the company and good communication as it relates to business changes from upper management

Cons

Speed of making some decisions All in all it is hard to come up with anything too measurable.

Advice to Management

Push the sales force to get sales moving and make us an even stronger company than we already are!

Superb & Fantastic Place to work

Current Employee - Professional Services in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Professional Services in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Medecision

Pros

The team is very supportive and willing to help. Lots of hard work, but great pay. It is worth it!

Cons

401K company match needs to be more robust

Advice to Management

Place the entire team in one building Employee Suggestion email/box Quarterly/Annual employee recognition awards

5. Excellent place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I worked at Medecision

Pros

flexibility, good people, caring management, innovative

Cons

have to wear many hats

Great place to work with a lot of momentum going on .

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Company is growing. The leadership team is strong, listens to the employees, and is client focus. More importantly, they are approachable. The company is moving to state of the art facilities, which plenty of opportunities for work life balance. It has an unbelievable mentoring program. We have a lot of momentum going on for us with exciting on-going projects and lot of opportunities in the Pipeline. If you like working hard, like challenges, and not afraid to speak up, this is the place to be.

Cons

There is always room for improvement in any organization. The leadership team is putting a lot of effort to improve legacy processes that could block future growth.

7. Engaged, Inspired, and Empowered

Current Employee - Sales Operations
    Current Employee - Sales Operations

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work at Medecision because I am inspired by a leader that challenges to me be innovative, to ask why, and empowers me to think for myself, and acts as my bulletproof vest.

Cons

I've worked at Medecision for some time and I am still unaware of the companies values.

Advice to Management

Invest in your workforce at all levels

Medecision - Great work, challenging industry, good people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is competitive, New office buildings are fabulous. VIrtual work is an option. New tecnology opportunities abound.

Cons

Lots of change with Medecision. Folks that work here need to like a challenging environment where work is ever changing. Leadershhip, Innovation and Candor are expected so be prepared!

Well positioned for growth and success

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Thanks to its long history, what most companies talk about and have as part of their vision is already in place and available in terms of expertise, customers, solution maturity, scale of operations, and breadth and depth of solution. Management focused on setting the company up for success in the future, with a plan to address key issues and challenges facing the company. Move to new office locations with brand new, innovative ways to work.

Cons

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. If Charles Dickens were to write a tale about the healthcare industry instead of the two cities, he may well have started with that same sentence. The industry is going through what an industry analyst called the mother of all speed bumps. There will be winners and losers. This creates conditions where the cheese is moving around a lot, and creates uncertainty among employees. Medecision has its share. There is lots going on, and a lot less time to do it in (again true for most of the industry, and Medecision has its share). Prioritization is a constant battle, and also the key.

Advice to Management

Continue the investments and build on the momentum. Continue the focus on World Class Employee Experience.

10. Innovative company, focused on changing healthcare by delivering exceptional value to customers and employees

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Medecision is hyper focused on delivering exceptional service to our current and prospective clients. This creates an environment that encourages employees to act like owners and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. Only second to customer experience is employee satisfaction, our executives are actively engaged in improving our work experience to ensure employees are happy, healthy and productive. Medecision has been in the market for over 25 years so we have extensive experience and capabilities that we are able to share with our clients. Finally our executives are passionate and razor sharp driving the vision for our company and solutions.

Cons

401K match is not competitive. The market is in a constant state of flux demanding flexibility and challenges on the employees. Time off is fairly conservative and you are not allowed to roll over time not used.

Advice to Management

Keep driving the market is still in front of us. Even though this is a mature company the market is new and may require nimble and quick responses to be competitive.

11. Software developer

I worked at Medecision

Pros

This company in great business and great ideas

Cons

The software and technology is always up to date

Advice to Management

Keep up a good work

RSS Feed </> Embed