Medecision Reviews

77 reviews filtered by
2.5
Medecision President & CEO Deborah M. Gage
Deborah M. Gage

Pros
  • Flexibility, work-life balance, compensation, super dedicated & talented people (in 10 reviews)

• You can setup a schedule where you work from home full time, which is very progressive (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • A lot of talk about work/life balance, but don't try to actually have (in 6 reviews)

• Senior management brought in hand-picked people that did not know the business or were particularly good at there jobs (in 6 reviews)

Great pay, lousy work

I worked at Medecision

Pros

MEDecision pays great and lets you work from home or remote whenever you want. They are also good with flexible work schedules. The offices are close to the King of Prussia area so you have access to shopping and restaurants. Also there's a great community park right out back where you can take lovely walks on your lunch hour. When I worked there, they paid for satellite TV service in the lunchroom downstairs so you could watch whatever you wanted during the day. The facility was modern as well and the air seemed pleasant, unlike some of these office buildings that seem to pump out toxic air

Cons

Lots of change without communication. Favoritism toward employees who worked there when it was a small privately-owned company. This favoritism plays out in projects and promotions. Very cliquish and unfair.

Advice to Management

Get some managers who know what they are doing and pay attention to ALL of their staff, not just their favorites.

Proceed with Caution

I worked at Medecision

Pros

As a small company, MEDecision may give you the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and activities. There is a lot of work to do and they are in a good business. MEDecision had a good vision and a good legacy and they have been in business a long time (20+ years). They have a loyal customer base and some very good customers who will be with them for a long time. They are willing to pay their technical staff a good starting salary and they invest in good performance with fair merit increases, for the most part. Their new product has promise, and they need to create a bridge for getting their current clients there. The future, therefore, is positive. Scott Storer, the new President and COO, is promising and appears to be a good leader. It will depend on how much he is permitted to lead -- and how long he stays.

Cons

There has been too much executive turnover in the last couple of years and no communicated or stable strategic plan. No one at MEDecision seems to own communicating to employees; it is non-existent. The board hired a consultant to recommend improvements to the services organization and no material changes have occurred in the last year despite ousting one executive and bringing in a new one who is unpopular; it's worse than before. Senior Management, despite its platitudes, does not listen to its employees. As a result of the smaller size of the company, there is still favoritism of the long-time employees that have been with the company regardless of performance results. The company is so busy trying to get projects complete that process and infrastructure are not addressed or invested in after all of the years the company has been in business.

Advice to Management

Standardization and stability in process, and not just the development processes, is necessary for long-term sustainability. MEDecision needs to establish and stabilize one vision and then execute on that while investing in its infrastructure to ensure its long-term viability. It also needs to take a long, hard look still at its executive ranks for anything or anyone that may be toxic.

Most racist & ill managed company ever

I worked at Medecision

Pros

Some of the employees at MEDecision honestly wanted to improve the company.

Cons

1) No corporate values: Most companies have a mantra or a set of values by which they conduct business. MEDecision has no such value system and it shows. Additionally, they seem to be rather proud of the fact that they have no core values.

2) MEDecison is more like a fraternity than a company: Middle managers are rather crafty at keeping upper management in the dark. Since upper management has little to no tech nor hands on business training, keeping them in the dark is quite easy. Typically, middle managers in the systems & development areas would simply lie about the direction or solution for a project. And, would even go as far as to point fingers at other departments as being the cause of a problem. When the truth is that the middle manager is simply not skilled enough or harbors some type of personal contempt.

3) Robbing Peter to pay Paul: Overall, MEDecision is not a financially sound company. Because of its overwhelming debt from the past few years, they have had to be very "liberal" with their commitment to clients by double billing clients and grossly over extending employees. While their new owners have helped slightly, it is obvious that the issue is deeper than they can handle.

4) MEDecision is the only company in its industry that has an unspoken policy of not recruiting people of color nor women for executive positions. As noted on their site: http://medecision.com/Content.aspx?cid=4.1 Additionally, their HR department is proud to say that they have a Neanderthal's approach to professional development.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone & start over. This time, institute drug testing of employees and Pre-employment Personality Tests to weed out divisive personalities.

5. Great place to work and grow your career

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Medecision

Pros

* Competent staff
    * Very little, if any, slackers
    * Great pay
    *Fosters career advancement

Cons

* Medical/Dental benefits are not great
    * 401k match could be better

Advice to Management

More respect to workers. * The new GA management belittles and chastises his staff in meetings in front of peers (lack of respect and professionalism)

A disappointment

I worked at Medecision

Pros

Great people who want to do a good job
    Travel experienced was exactly as advertised
    Growing company

Cons

Awful work/life balance
    Sales team sells features that do not exist
    Customers not satisfied/product not where it needs to be

Advice to Management

Take a good hard look at the sources of issues, not the symptoms
    Take the time to plan

7. OK Place to Work

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Medecision

Pros

Medecision has a very good compensation / benefit package. Time off, 401K and salary were all fair to good. People were great.

Cons

It always seemed like management was following its own agenda nad not letting the masses in on what was really going on.

Advice to Management

It would be good to set clear goals and make sure you stick by your staff when they are carring them out.

8. Great place - growing pains

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA

I worked at Medecision

Pros

Management changes and lots of false starts. Mix of moderate to high tech skills. Easy to learn where there is initiative. 5K education credit and good vacation if negotiated up front.

Cons

Management bent on managing things and missing the bottom line. Typical clueless infrastructure could be doing more for less cost.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the right people and stop the Office Space mentality. Don't say things and not follow through.

Great place with great benefits and flexibility if you have to have some flexibility in your work/life schedule!!!

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision

Pros

Good pay, nice benefits
    Resonable amount of time off
    Good corp structure and management discipline
    Positive outlook of the future of the company and good communication as it relates to business changes from upper management

Cons

Speed of making some decisions
    All in all it is hard to come up with anything too measurable.

Advice to Management

Push the sales force to get sales moving and make us an even stronger company than we already are!

MEDecision is a great place to work!

I have been working at Medecision

Pros

I have enjoyed my time here at MEDecision very much. The three years I have spent with the company have been very exciting and rewarding. I look forward to what the future has to hold and I am proud to be in this organization. I have worked hard and been rewarded for doing so. I really enjoy working with my team, and being a part of the growth at MEDecision.

Cons

I really don't have any complains about MEDecision. It has provided me many opportunities to grow and the leadership has been very supportive of my career goals and giving me the freedom and support to achieve those. I continue to be impressed by all the ways this organization gives back to their employees including intensive employee product training, leadership training, company picnics, company meetings and bi-monthly town hall sessions, just to name a few. There aren't many companies out there in this economy who are continuing to invest in their employees like this.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I am really liking where the leadership team is taking this company and I am excited to be a part of it.

Superb & Fantastic Place to work

Current Employee - Professional Services in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Professional Services in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Medecision

Pros

The team is very supportive and willing to help.
    Lots of hard work, but great pay. It is worth it!

Cons

401K company match needs to be more robust

Advice to Management

Place the entire team in one building
    Employee Suggestion email/box