Medecision

www.medecision.com
Employer Engaged

Medecision looking good

I have been working at Medecision full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

All companies have ups and downs. Medecision is just like the rest. Work life balance is great, people great, company direction awesome! 2015 brings great innovation. Excited to be a part.

Cons

Although the momentum is strong and the employee commitment even stronger, putting in extra hours to complete project timeline is still evident. Future holds opportunities. Looking forward to 2015

Compensation for long hours and commitment to strong work ethics must be recognized not just to those squeaky wheels … but to all. The people keeping the lights on and the coffee hot need to be recognized.

Well positioned for growth and success

I have been working at Medecision full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Thanks to its long history, what most companies talk about and have as part of their vision is already in place and available in terms of expertise, customers, solution maturity, scale of operations, and breadth and depth of solution.

Management focused on setting the company up for success in the future, with a plan to address key issues and challenges facing the company.

Move to new office locations with brand new, innovative ways to work.

Cons

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. If Charles Dickens were to write a tale about the healthcare industry instead of the two cities, he may well have started with that same sentence.

The industry is going through what an industry analyst called the mother of all speed bumps. There will be winners and losers. This creates conditions where the cheese is moving around a lot, and creates uncertainty among employees. Medecision has its share.

There is lots going on, and a lot less time to do it in (again true for most of the industry, and Medecision has its share). Prioritization is a constant battle, and also the key.

Continue the investments and build on the momentum. Continue the focus on World Class Employee Experience.

Optimistic for future

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Flexibility, work-life balance, compensation, super dedicated & talented people. Solid products that help solve customer needs. Great thinking for future products.

Cons

Having work in larger & smaller organization, the challenges are very similar. Not exclusive to Medecision. Talented people leaving company. Workload heavy at times. As with all, there is room for improvement.

Hopeful that new collaborative space will foster more engagement between upper management and employees.

Medecision - Great work, challenging industry, good people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is competitive, New office buildings are fabulous. VIrtual work is an option. New tecnology opportunities abound.

Cons

Lots of change with Medecision. Folks that work here need to like a challenging environment where work is ever changing. Leadershhip, Innovation and Candor are expected so be prepared!

Ringling Brothers a. k.a Medecision

Former Employee - Employee in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Employee in Wayne, PA

I worked at Medecision full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There's a lot of experience to be gained at this company. It's a great place to grow your career, if you can stomach the environment. Compensation is above average to its competitors. There are still a lot of good dedicated, and talented employees that remain at this company.

Cons

Why Ringling Brothers? It's more about the show to usher the curious and fascinated in. Once you're in, the real show begins: Constant fire drills and hoops to jump through that often derails an employees work day. The current environment is an overall demanding and thankless environment that is lead with fear and intimidation. Although some departments experience work life balance, others do not. A 50 hour work week is most times never enough. There's an overall lack of support to the employees from a leadership level. Leadership has seemed to constantly miss their wake up call to these problems which leaves me with one final question: Is their commitment truly with the company?

If you want to balance out these reviews on glass door.com the correct way, start by focusing on the internal problems first. For an example: The incredibly high turn over rate for a company of less than 200; product defects/ failures that result in poor sales; the mismanagement of the company that starts at the top. When people start to visit glass door.com to write a great review about their experience with Medecision, then maybe that will be a sign that you've turned a corner, instead of desperately instructing your employee base to post positive reviews as your bandaid to this site. Remember: If the surface is dirty, bandaids will come off.

Medecision Response

Oct 24, 2014Chief People Officer

It’s true - work/life balance remains a challenge for many of us in healthcare IT – including Medecision employees. Our leadership team continues to seek ways to support our growth, add to our ... More

This place is full of people with passion and drive and newer leadership is really pushing the company to new boundaries

I have been working at Medecision

Pros

Excellent work environment with significant growth potential for people willing to step out and be accountable. Much team work and consideration - fast pace and high expectations. Very creative HR and Sales and Marketing approaches. The company is willing/able to invest in people and resources to be successful and client satisfaction is improving

Cons

Some processes and key resources are still a work in progress and need to happen; benefit programs are competitive.

Great place to work with a lot of momentum going on .

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Company is growing. The leadership team is strong, listens to the employees, and is client focus. More importantly, they are approachable. The company is moving to state of the art facilities, which plenty of opportunities for work life balance. It has an unbelievable mentoring program. We have a lot of momentum going on for us with exciting on-going projects and lot of opportunities in the Pipeline. If you like working hard, like challenges, and not afraid to speak up, this is the place to be.

Cons

There is always room for improvement in any organization. The leadership team is putting a lot of effort to improve legacy processes that could block future growth.

Fast paced and demanding

I have been working at Medecision

Pros

Smart people, flexible work environment, innovative thinking, fast paced. Medecision is not for everyone...you have to work hard and bring your whole self. I feel supported from many areas in the company and Leadership has been actively working on breaking down barriers. Best of all, we are on the forefront of changing healthcare for the better.

Cons

Light on resources and high expectations makes work demanding. Managers don't only manage, they have to get in there with employees and work. If you don't want to do get your hands dirty then this is not the right place for you.

Balance staff vs. management. Senior leadership needs to be more visible to staff.

Once a great company that was like a family to many

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Medecision full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Flexible schedules and work arrangements.
    - Above average pay and generous bonus structure
    - Non-management employees want to do a good job, want to succeed and want their peers to success as well

Cons

Deb Gage named CEO in 2011 which coincidentally(?) is the last year Medecision was awarded as one of the best places to work in PA. I have no idea why they would still want to list, on their website, an award they last won 3 years ago. It raises questions as to what happened in 2012 and 2013.

Deb has surrounded herself by people who only agree with her. Recent, abrupt departures and demotions of some
    senior directors and VPs were of those who:
    A. Were hired in the pre-Gage era
    B. Will voice their opinion and provide constructive criticism if they do not agree with a decision or directive.

Each of the layoffs in 2011 and 2012 included at least one person who had a noticeable run-in or disagreement with Deb.

If the accusations that recent positive reviews on Glassdoor were planted or submitted per Deb's instruction shows that senior management has no interest in understanding why morale is low. This, coupled with a rebranding and an expensive lobby facelift (which was for naught since they moved to a new building) shows they want to mask any problem rather than resolve it.

Start with the inside and work your way out to return Medecision to its glory from the 90's and early 00's.

Embrace the outspoken, the dissenters, the loudmouths, the squeaky wheels, the challengers. It's nice to work with people who all have the same ideology and agree on everything. But the flaw in that utopia is you all may be agreeing on the wrong thing.

Glassdoor, is used by potential new employees, and increasingly, by potential clients, as a peak into your company. You should start using it for that reason as well. This is an incredible opportunity for you to receive very candid feedback from your employees. Use it to your advantage.

It is on you to improve morale.

Every employee is part of your Marketing department. If they are happy working for you, they will have nothing but positive things to say about the company they work for and be excited about the products they develop. But, as you can see, they are not happy working for you and your are realizing that bad press is not necessarily better than no press.

Engaged, Inspired, and Empowered

Current Employee - Sales Operations
    Current Employee - Sales Operations

I have been working at Medecision full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I work at Medecision because I am inspired by a leader that challenges to me be innovative, to ask why, and empowers me to think for myself, and acts as my bulletproof vest.

Cons

I've worked at Medecision for some time and I am still unaware of the companies values.

Invest in your workforce at all levels