Medecision Reviews

Unhappy employees, Unhappy clients

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule with telecommuting and work-from-home options. Adequate pay and benefits. Everyone is buzzing about the fancy coffee machines in the new offices.

Cons

ELT and SLT do not get along in their own teams, hire personal cronies without the requsite skills sets or industry knowledge to move Medecision forward, and are not seen as credible by the employees. Performance issues with leadership and staff, are not addressed while high performing staff is exiting out the door at an alarming rate. Employee morale is at an all time low. Clients are dissatisfied and we cannot seem to turn the tide. Unprofessional communication is frequent, in person, on the phone and during meetings. We are encouraged to speak candidly, yet when the few who risk it are blackballed, it makes people think being quiet is the better option. The workplace pipeline is rich with information as leadership seems incapable of knowing when and what to share.

Advice to Management

ELT/SLT-Hold each other accountable and if your peers cannot lead the Medecision charge, help them out of the organization now. Stop lying to employees and clients.

Business Case of how NOT to run a company

Current Employee - Senior Director in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small and initmate feel Work/life balance Employees from every level that commisurate with each other

Cons

Leadership is grossly underqualified Voted "most hated job thus far" by current employees Leadership can not articulate a strong business strategy

Advice to Management

I have seen this company go from very promising to a nightmare on all levels. Morale is horrilble and has been for about 2 years. Leadership knows this yet will do nothing to make it right The most recent insult is a message we received from the top asking us to post reviews on Glassdoor to dissuade the negative views. Good or bad wink-wink. The employees that stay are merely doing it because its comfortable. You would be hard pressed to find an employee that really cares about the happiness of our customers or quality of what they receive at this point. Top leadership is generally just unliked. The prevailing feeling is that chief is not trustworthy. HCSG should really consider dissolving the relationship if they wish to have a stronger bottom line.

Medecision Response

Sep 28, 2014 – Chief People Officer

No ‘wink-wink’ intention at all, Senior Director. The leadership team at Medecision welcomes, honors and works hard to address all employee feedback, the pros and the cons, and offers many avenues ... More

Optimistic for future

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Flexibility, work-life balance, compensation, super dedicated & talented people. Solid products that help solve customer needs. Great thinking for future products.

Cons

Having work in larger & smaller organization, the challenges are very similar. Not exclusive to Medecision. Talented people leaving company. Workload heavy at times. As with all, there is room for improvement.

Advice to Management

Hopeful that new collaborative space will foster more engagement between upper management and employees.

Well positioned for growth and success

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Thanks to its long history, what most companies talk about and have as part of their vision is already in place and available in terms of expertise, customers, solution maturity, scale of operations, and breadth and depth of solution. Management focused on setting the company up for success in the future, with a plan to address key issues and challenges facing the company. Move to new office locations with brand new, innovative ways to work.

Cons

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. If Charles Dickens were to write a tale about the healthcare industry instead of the two cities, he may well have started with that same sentence. The industry is going through what an industry analyst called the mother of all speed bumps. There will be winners and losers. This creates conditions where the cheese is moving around a lot, and creates uncertainty among employees. Medecision has its share. There is lots going on, and a lot less time to do it in (again true for most of the industry, and Medecision has its share). Prioritization is a constant battle, and also the key.

Advice to Management

Continue the investments and build on the momentum. Continue the focus on World Class Employee Experience.

6. This place is full of people with passion and drive and newer leadership is really pushing the company to new boundaries

Pros

Excellent work environment with significant growth potential for people willing to step out and be accountable. Much team work and consideration - fast pace and high expectations. Very creative HR and Sales and Marketing approaches. The company is willing/able to invest in people and resources to be successful and client satisfaction is improving

Cons

Some processes and key resources are still a work in progress and need to happen; benefit programs are competitive.

Medecision - Great work, challenging industry, good people

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is competitive, New office buildings are fabulous. VIrtual work is an option. New tecnology opportunities abound.

Cons

Lots of change with Medecision. Folks that work here need to like a challenging environment where work is ever changing. Leadershhip, Innovation and Candor are expected so be prepared!

don't drink the kool-aid

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

smart people who are hard working

Cons

parent company plugged in leaders because they were friends from prior lives not because they were good leaders who care about how people are treated; seems like recent positive reviews are either from those who drank the Kool-Aid or submitted by senior managers to off-set the overwhelming negative feedback about them

Advice to Management

it is not all about you, your salaries and bonuses. How about showing commitment by actually living nearby not in another state that requires air travel to and from your home. Parent company, shame on you too.

Great company for VPs; so bad for workers

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. If you are a VP or SVP, the money and perks flow.

Cons

The cast system is in full play at Medecision. Upper management lives the high life while anyone working or producing is expected to work like a dog! There is too much work for the number of staff.

Advice to Management

Cut scope or add staff. Listen to employees. Consider promoting existing employees instead of bringing in new high dollar people that know nothing.

Medecision Response

Sep 30, 2014 – Chief People Officer

Medecision is actively recruiting staff at all levels of the Company. In the last year, we have hired many employees at Director and lower levels, or about 75% of total recruitment. We also have an ... More

Medecision looking good

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

All companies have ups and downs. Medecision is just like the rest. Work life balance is great, people great, company direction awesome! 2015 brings great innovation. Excited to be a part.

Cons

Although the momentum is strong and the employee commitment even stronger, putting in extra hours to complete project timeline is still evident. Future holds opportunities. Looking forward to 2015

Advice to Management

Compensation for long hours and commitment to strong work ethics must be recognized not just to those squeaky wheels … but to all. The people keeping the lights on and the coffee hot need to be recognized.

11. Engaged, Inspired, and Empowered

Current Employee - Sales Operations
    Current Employee - Sales Operations

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work at Medecision because I am inspired by a leader that challenges to me be innovative, to ask why, and empowers me to think for myself, and acts as my bulletproof vest.

Cons

I've worked at Medecision for some time and I am still unaware of the companies values.

Advice to Management

Invest in your workforce at all levels

RSS Feed </> Embed