MediFit Corporate Services Reviews

Updated March 22, 2015
36 reviews filtered by
3.3
Vin DeProssino

Intern for a few months with them

Former Intern - Intern in Norwalk, CT
    Former Intern - Intern in Norwalk, CT

I worked at MediFit Corporate Services as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Open and easy going environment, very close office community and very much like a family. Great vision is very clear and the management is excellent

Cons

Slow to adopt new technologies and is lacking in progressive thinking. It is a very risk averse company for how fast it is growing and how young it is.

Low salary for interns and not much support given to training them effectively. They are quite new to the idea of internships and thus its not a perfect environment for growth yet.

Clients are wonderful, MediFit as a company needs some work.

I have been working at MediFit Corporate Services

Pros

Wonderful clients
    Benefits
    Easy job
    Rewarding
    Great job to go to straight out of college

Cons

Pay sucks
    They say they promote with the company but rarely do
    Favorites
    A lot of mess within the company
    Management will lead you on

Health and Fitness Specialist

I worked at MediFit Corporate Services part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Location to where I lived. The Program was great and knowledgeable. The Fitness facility nice and had a great layout for a basement gym.

Cons

a lot down time. Not a bad thing I prefer to always be busy.

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

Former Employee - Personal Trainer in Scotch Plains, NJ
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer in Scotch Plains, NJ

I worked at MediFit Corporate Services part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Members are pleasant and receptive to advice

Cons

Excessive management turnover
    No clear direction or message from management
    Little to no assistance from corporate

Provide the resources and stability necessary for the staff to succeed

6. Very strategic and well organized.

I worked at MediFit Corporate Services full-time

Pros

A very well organized company with great management. Created a scaled model that helped the management of the different accounts. Great opportunities!

Cons

Lots of paperwork. Salaries were good but not great. Sometimes does too much for the client instead of leading and doing what is best.

Always keep assessing the competition

7. Encouraging environment

Current Employee - Health Fitness Specialist in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Health Fitness Specialist in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at MediFit Corporate Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company offers educational stipend and is dedicated to the growth and development of their employees

Cons

Need more layers between manager and HFS position so that employees have more opportunity for promotional growth.

Keep supporting employees and involve them in site decisions.

Worked there as a Temp... Thank goodness it wasn't permanent !!

Former Contractor - Human Resources Temp in Florham Park, NJ
    Former Contractor - Human Resources Temp in Florham Park, NJ

I worked at MediFit Corporate Services as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Nice gardens outside the office, good lunch spots close. (Notice both have nothing to do with work)

Cons

This place was a complete joke. About 25 people in the entire office, about 90% female dominated and very cliquey. The Human Resources department where I helped was literally a mockery - a couple of people doing rudimentary administrative tasks for a living. There is ZERO strategic initiative going on in this office. Completely administrative nonsense. Now lets talk about the compensation - honestly, the people were so poorly compensated that I actually felt awful for most of them. Like literally it was scary how low some of the compensation was and well, let's just say I know because it was my job to know. I was actually sickened to the point where I couldn't believe that is what people were making for their full-time hours, and was very confused as to why they would even accept the job. Most likely because no one there had any experience doing whatever they do so basically you will be working with the most lackluster talent in the labor market. I mean the HR people had no idea about actual real human resources, and the IT guy was a nice guy, but I could have done his job in high school. So let's just say they didn't poach this dude from Google. Next lets touch on the office culture (LOL). Most people were highly miserable and rude with pathetic attitudes. Very surly and depressed type women for the most part. I was bugging out the whole time being around them. Normally I would feel worse and be more sympathetic because I knew they got paid like dirt and I would just assume most likely this is why they were such horrible people to work with, but then again I have no respect for any of them because they were such pathetic individuals in general that I could really care less. Killed my vibe being in that place - it is literally an office for slow zebras.

Well lets see.... The HR Director has a degree in exercise science, was a trainer for 20 years, and admitted on the first day she knows nothing about HR but can "manage people" LOL. The VP of HR is a lawyer who only deals with compliance and is an arrogant guy but really just makes simple contracts you can probably get off legal zoom. So basically there is no actual corporate leadership. There is a CFO and the CEO who makes all the money (cool for him) and never shows up in the office literally... So I would probably whomever it may concern out of the bunch to pay your employees at least in the 20th percentile, but for some reason the people actually stay at their jobs and keep showing up for work every day so if they're happy then why not right? I guess just keep doing what you're doing, if it ain't broke don't fix it! Hopefully anyone with any sense and respectability will leave get a real job.

Working for Medifit: Perfect for the rookie exercise professional

Former Employee - Health Fitness Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Health Fitness Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at MediFit Corporate Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was able to accrue the necessary experience in order to qualify to take the ACSM RCEP credential

Cons

The salary is nothing to scream about.
    High expectations for a little bit of money.

Management needs to be more cognizant skilled and experience employees and utilize them.

10. Personal Trainer

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at MediFit Corporate Services part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great management at my site! Environment is super friendly

Cons

Down time from work when company goes through changes

11. Medifit is a great company to work for and has a very professional and strong management support, decent benefits.

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at MediFit Corporate Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The PTO policy is AMAZING
    The upper management takes a vested interest in career development and training.
    The Vice President of the company takes a personal call with all new employees to discuss Strength Finder which they are very big into. The regional managers also seem to really care about making clients and employees happy. GREAT company!

Cons

Depending on what city you live in, there may not be much opportunity for growth within the company and advancing your career.