Media Storm

Updated Jan 19, 2014

Craig Woerz

Exciting Busy Workplace

I have been working at Media Storm full-time

ProsThere are many great people in a very exciting and dynamic environment. Company provides parking and there are some nice social perks such as weekly happy hours and Friday morning bagels. Pay is good.

ConsThere are undeniably some long hours to be put in as the company goes through some transitions and some system upgrades.

Advice to Senior Managementcomp time! continue the good communication policies with the staff

Broken Promises

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Media Storm

ProsSmall Company - Many great ideas

Constrips over themselves alot. Trying to become something they are not.

Advice to Senior Managementgo back to your roots

Growing fast; a lot of potential

New York, NY

I have been working at Media Storm full-time

ProsThe agency has grown a lot in the short 12 years of its existence, and there's no sign of slowing down. Fun client list. Management really tries to make it a good environment (they don't always succeed, and some departments and teams have more issues than others, but at least they care). Employees of every level are encouraged to make an impact on the company, from defining the vision to being involved in new business initiatives.

ConsOffice space has not kept up with the company's growth. Although the office is cool (nicely designed, in a hip area), we are sitting on top of each other, with no privacy (it gets difficult to have a rep meeting or even hear what is going on during a client call). Now there are even people sitting in conference rooms. Some of the new policies are confusing, but at least there's transparency and effort to explain them and the rationale behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffice expansion to another floor would be nice. I would kill for a cubicle. That open office concept is overrated.
Also, promotions sometimes take a long time compared to other agencies. Give your junior staff what they deserve before they go looking for it somewhere else.

Bad experience at mediastorm

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Media Storm

Proscasual dress and laid back atmosphere

Consadministrative and accounting branches practice favoritism in promotion and salary increases. Promotional opportunities totally restricted whoever management likes and not based or work ethic or work performance.

Advice to Senior Managementhire some fresh faces

Great place to grow

New York, NY

I have been working at Media Storm full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFeels much more "personal" than a large agency. Senior management that cares. Well-structured annual review process: steps needed for promotion/further development clearly outlined. Creativity is encouraged. A lot of responsibility given at every level - the sky is the limit, if you can handle it. Employees are compensated well, and annual raises (if deserved) are given: from my experience, this is highly unusual in this industry. The bar is set high at this agency, but you will be generously rewarded and appreciated for your hard work.

ConsWork hours are until 6... officially (vs 5 at most agencies). Half day before a holiday means you leave at 3 versus the typical 1pm. A lot of West Coast clients which often means longer hours (luckily all employees have full access from home, so if you have to work late, you don't have to do it in the office). Stingy with holidays and vacations versus every other agency I have worked at. Clients are demanding, and expectations from all the way up are extremely high (you really cannot "coast" at this agency, you will work your butt off). "Process" leaves a lot to be desired, the agency grew too quickly and the systems are still catching up.

Amazing opportunities for growth. Close knit environment....laid back, fun.

Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Media Storm

ProsGenerous owners. Entrepreneurial environment that allows all employees to participate in and develop the company's growth.

ConsConstant growth spurts (good thing) and always running to catch up with those growth spurts (bad thing)

Not a good experience at Media Storm

I have been working at Media Storm

ProsHigh profile clients. Fast moving environment.

ConsThe company has pretty bad communication. None of the people on the lower end of the totem pole every really know what's going on because all decisions are made at the top and not shared with the people below. It's also a very strange review/promotion process. You basically don't get promoted unless you are very aggressive and ask that you be promoted. There's a lot of mystery surrounding promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone at all levels of a organization are important to its success and should be treated as such.

Worked for Media Storm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Media Storm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Media Storm CEO Craig Woerz. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Media Storm employees.