MediaMath

Updated December 12, 2014
4.6

MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance - Working hours are less than most other places (9-5 with an hour for lunch) (in 9 reviews)

• MediaMath hires really smart people and challenges them every day (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the company is growing and has a limited amount of space, desk sizes are somewhat tiny (in 7 reviews)

• Definitely fast paced and a lot to constantly keep up with - but that's the whole industry, really (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

What I've seen so far

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

DEPT: the team that I work with is comprised of extremely friendly people, who are always willing to help you any problems that you might encounter!
    CULTURE: a fun environment, with a lot of growth opportunity, and chances to take ownership of projects. Great deal of flexibility!
    BENEFITS: A wide array of policies that are used to promote overall satisfaction such as PTO(basically unlimited), phone reimbursements, stock options, and snacks!
    Weekly announcements allow employees to learn about what's going on in different departments and promotes overall transparency.

Cons

DEPT: subgroups in the department can sometimes feel a bit separated.
    CULTURE: Because of the various locations, you don't get to meet or interact with everyone you normally would, can feel slightly distanced because of that.
    BENEFITS: your other perks, such as your gym membership could be better.
    CAREER DEV: this aspect seems to be slightly lacking, while MM has a great training function which allows its employees to learn about its platform and other things, there don't seem to be much job specific training to allow you to either learn more about your field.

Continue investing in your people, although not everyone feels that they're getting paid as much as they should, you should make it known that along with the fairly competitive pay, they are also receiving benefits which can be turned into huge sums later on!

Internship

Former Employee - UI Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - UI Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at MediaMath as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to work, relaxed work flow, great work environment.

Cons

Not much that i didnt like.
    Just that there is construction going on in the building.

Best environment I've experienced by far

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone has an equity stake and I don't know if that's the secret sauce that makes everyone so aligned and the politics so low - but everyone is super-aligned on the vision of revolutionizing marketing and there's hardly any politics. It's a true meritocracy as far as I can see in terms of the biggest contributors getting the quickest advancement. MediaMath's also big on training - NMI and Marketing Engineering Program are industry-leading.

Cons

The work-life balance isn't always great. Don't think you can beat Google without some long hours!

The core culture is strong and should be celebrated and reinforced but at 550 employees now - we'll have to celebrate sub-cultures in departments and geos away from the NYC/Engineering heart of the company.

MediaMath is a very special place to learn and grow fast.

Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazingly smart, fun, kind, and driven team. MediaMath has gone from an idea to a global player in seven years. The boldness of the team, a kind of high level of confidence without any arrogance, is the secret sauce I think. It's very easy to imagine our MarketingOS being the platform through which the Marketing function gets done around the globe by 2020. Nobody here seems to doubt it for a minute! The senior leaders being off-the-charts brilliant helps.

Cons

We move so fast (sometimes dizzyingly) that I always fear there's a risk we'll take a wrong turn. But so far so good. The culture of constructive debate is high so don't be under any illusions that a fancy title will make your ideas sacred in any way here. Ramping quickly is a must in order to thrive.

Don't mess up the good thing you've got going!

Smart People, Smart Company, Smart Growth

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As a vet of the ad tech industry, I have seen some pretty bad times in the start-up world. MediaMath is a reprieve from all that. The management is smart, the employees are dedicated, and there is a lot of cultural benefits to be had. Managers are dedicated to finding what employees are really good at and make a real effort to cultivate those positives.

Cons

In New York, the company is expanding so rapidly that we have three offices, so it can be a challenge getting face-to-face time with other employees even if they are in the same city as you. But that will be fixed next year, thankfully.

Keep on doing what you're doing!

Fast paced, highly motivating with awesome opportunities

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than an year)

Pros

From my interviews (2 years ago) to now I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute. HR made me feel very welcome and helped me feel at ease coming into a potentially daunting environment (having never worked in Media before).

I have also had the opportunity to work with a number of other teams (NMI, OPEN, Engineering, PS etc) both UK and US based who have all been very professional and a joy to work with.

The office environment is fun to be a part of - who can argue with an arcade machine, vending machine and endless sweets / chocolate?

I enjoy the fast paced nature of the Media Industry and being on the edge of integrating with new technologies.

Cons

I would have said the on-boarding process as it can be daunting if you haven't worked in Media before. However, MediaMath have recognised this and have really focused their attention on improving this for new joiners.

Great place that encourages innovation with little to no red tape!

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very collaborative environment with the encouragement to innovate with little to no red tape, which is great for those interested in building and improving processes. If you're the type to help a company during the growth stages this is the place to be!

Lots of office perks: Snacks, Massages, Manicures, Monthly Birthday Celebrations - You can't complain!

Personal growth is absolutely possible here and it is a company wide initiative to ensure all employees get to where they want to be in their career.

Cons

Naturally since we are growing so quickly, changes are constantly happening. One would have to be easily roll with the punches and adapt to stay on top of our evolving company and industry! Not a con for me but can be for some.

Management is pretty on par. Exec team has strong, smart, even genius leadership, who also know how to have fun.

Love my job and working for this company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

- My colleagues at MediaMath aren't just very smart. They're also very cool, friendly pleasures to work with. I feel lucky to work among such spirited individuals every day. This morale undoubtably trickles down from upper management; the C-level execs are the same way.
    - I feel challenged in my role every day (in a good way). The company is expanding fast, and therefore so are the scopes of our jobs. Never a dull moment. It's undoubtably an exciting time to be in AdTech.
    - New hire on-boarding and training impressed my from my first day on the job.
    - Benefits are great. Loads of food in the office, partially paid phone bill, 401K match, fun office culture.

Cons

I'm at a loss for words.

Keep up the good work.

Excellent place to work

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work life balance, friendly team, innovative training program in development, company growth, values, caring employers - and fantastic perks!

Cons

Office space is becoming limited but not a major issue. A clear policy for time off for medical reasons would be beneficial as I have had issues here.

Fast-paced and amazing environment

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great perks and brilliant environment for personal growth. The company is very well known in the space and allows you learn and develop constantly. The colleagues are very dedicated and knowledgeable.

Cons

Nothing I can think of so far.