MediaMath

Updated March 3, 2015
4.5

MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance - Working hours are less than most other places (9-5 with an hour for lunch) (in 9 reviews)

• MediaMath hires really smart people and challenges them every day (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the company is growing and has a limited amount of space, desk sizes are somewhat tiny (in 7 reviews)

• Definitely fast paced and a lot to constantly keep up with - but that's the whole industry, really (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Best company to work for! Great environment, culture, spirit, opportunities and countless benefits!

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company growth is outpacing the industry's.
    Great training for non-industry newcomers
    Fantastic environment
    Flexible working hours
    Career Opportunities
    BENEFITS: food, massages, social events
    Dinamicity: TONS TO LEARN

Cons

It's a really fast-paced environment, but that's inevitable as the whole industry is exploding

Keep up the great culture! This is a big challenge as the company is growing so fast and more and more people are joining the company!

I've been working here for almost two months, and couldn't be happier.

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath

Pros

I began working at MediaMath about two months ago. I had grown somewhat accustomed to a background of micromanagement, high turn-over rate, and overall employee dissatisfaction at my previous job, so working here has been an overwhelmingly positive change, to say the least. I was shocked when my manager told me that I could come in/leave at times that were convenient to me (as long as it was 40 hours a week). At my previous job, someone was waiting for us with a clipboard writing down when we came in. :) Also, at my previous job we were constantly being asked to stay late without being compensated for it. If I ever have to stay late or complete a project during the weekend (which has only happened once) I receive over time pay. (This may depend on your position, though). Everyone has been nothing but helpful and kind. The environment is relaxed, and I find myself laughing with co-workers several times a day. I still haven't had a day where I haven't felt like coming into work. The unlimited paid time off policy is very comforting to have, especially for people who work hard but also enjoy travelling throughout the year. There are also lots of opportunities for growth/advancement in the company. There honestly isn't any work drama (at least none that I've seen) which was a breath of fresh air for me. I've worked in several places where people were constantly bickering/gossiping and it becomes exhausting and annoying after awhile. The cell phone data plan reimbursement and free snacks/keurig coffee are an added bonus, as well.

Cons

I wouldn't say that there are any challenges working here. It probably depends on your position; I'm an executive assistant and never feel stressed out or that my job is overwhelming. If I had to change one thing, I would probably ask from more of a 401K match. Other than that, I really can't think of any suggestions that would make working here better than it already is. If you're considering accepting a position here, I would highly recommend it!

Amazing in every way

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I can only speak for my experiences as a member of the engineering team, so here goes:

- smartest and nicest people you'll ever get to work with; family-like atmosphere
    - great nurturing culture, closely knit cross-functional teams ready to tackle a problem at a moment's notice
    - you get to face real engineering challenges
    - truly wants employees to become empowered to tackle projects in their own way
    - great work/life balance, but everyone always wants to do more and more.
    - very-very fast paced, get ready!
    - management cares about us and it shows, very approachable and friendly

Cons

- very fast paced, there's just always lot of things always going on (we are expanding rapidly), however most people love this (myself included)

You guys are the best of the best, please keep up the amazing work! We love the culture you've created!

Great company, great culture!

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

MediaMath is a wonderful company to work for. The London office has a happy and positive culture, excellent work/life balance and offers great benefits. Individual contributions are recognised and celebrated. It's the sort of workplace where everyone comes to work and is happy to be there. The upper management team are friendly and approachable.

Cons

In my role, the goal posts tend to shift quite a lot but this is to be expected when you're working for a relatively young company that is rapidly expanding.

Fantastic environment and perfect place to develop

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than a year)

Pros

From the first interview I had with MediaMath, I instantly felt a warmth and passion from the people who I spoke with and all of them offered me a different insight into the company but all offering the same passion and enthusiasm for the brand and culture and values of MediaMath. The HR team were very warm and made sure I was completely comfortable with my set up and would go out of their way for any requirements I had, which is very rare.

MediaMath understands what is important for the company and also understand what is important for their staff. From the cool quirky offices, to non stop offering of soft drinks, sweets, alcohol (when we are good), takeaways every Friday, arcade machine, massages every other week and various company social events, MediaMath give you the working environment which makes work seem that little less stressful and also more fun. With this said, MediaMath understand the important of culture and if they don't think you will fit into the team or culture, no matter how good you are - they will not risk upsetting this perfect culture and will not bring you in!

In regards to your career, MediaMath instantly talk to you about the importance of your career progression and getting you to the next level. They offer a genuine sense of wanting to develop their staff and have everyone get to the next level. Goals will be set for you to meet and you will not be left to meet them alone but instead guided by your team and also others around you, again emphasising the qualities of the culture within MediaMath.

Cons

None I can think of!

Keep up the good work!

Top company with top talent

I have been working at MediaMath

Pros

Mediamath hires smart, hard working individuals. It's very easy to find your niche and get your job done. I've never worked at a company with such effective teams. The leaders of the company have an open door policy and even when they're busy they'll take time to hear your ideas and tell you about their goals.
    The culture is accepting and comfortable. People work hard here, but taking care of yourself (sick leave and annual leave) are both integral parts of your life-work balance.

Cons

We are currently very tight on space (thanks to growing so quickly!) so you have to allot for walking between offices to collaborate and/or schedule meetings in different places. That will be solved when we move into a larger space later this year though.

What I've seen so far

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

DEPT: the team that I work with is comprised of extremely friendly people, who are always willing to help you any problems that you might encounter!
    CULTURE: a fun environment, with a lot of growth opportunity, and chances to take ownership of projects. Great deal of flexibility!
    BENEFITS: A wide array of policies that are used to promote overall satisfaction such as PTO(basically unlimited), phone reimbursements, stock options, and snacks!
    Weekly announcements allow employees to learn about what's going on in different departments and promotes overall transparency.

Cons

DEPT: subgroups in the department can sometimes feel a bit separated.
    CULTURE: Because of the various locations, you don't get to meet or interact with everyone you normally would, can feel slightly distanced because of that.
    BENEFITS: your other perks, such as your gym membership could be better.
    CAREER DEV: this aspect seems to be slightly lacking, while MM has a great training function which allows its employees to learn about its platform and other things, there don't seem to be much job specific training to allow you to either learn more about your field.

Continue investing in your people, although not everyone feels that they're getting paid as much as they should, you should make it known that along with the fairly competitive pay, they are also receiving benefits which can be turned into huge sums later on!

Internship

Former Intern - UI Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - UI Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at MediaMath as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, relaxed work flow, great work environment.

Cons

Not much that i didnt like.
    Just that there is construction going on in the building.

Best environment I've experienced by far

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone has an equity stake and I don't know if that's the secret sauce that makes everyone so aligned and the politics so low - but everyone is super-aligned on the vision of revolutionizing marketing and there's hardly any politics. It's a true meritocracy as far as I can see in terms of the biggest contributors getting the quickest advancement. MediaMath's also big on training - NMI and Marketing Engineering Program are industry-leading.

Cons

The work-life balance isn't always great. Don't think you can beat Google without some long hours!

The core culture is strong and should be celebrated and reinforced but at 550 employees now - we'll have to celebrate sub-cultures in departments and geos away from the NYC/Engineering heart of the company.

MediaMath is a very special place to learn and grow fast.

Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Amazingly smart, fun, kind, and driven team. MediaMath has gone from an idea to a global player in seven years. The boldness of the team, a kind of high level of confidence without any arrogance, is the secret sauce I think. It's very easy to imagine our MarketingOS being the platform through which the Marketing function gets done around the globe by 2020. Nobody here seems to doubt it for a minute! The senior leaders being off-the-charts brilliant helps.

Cons

We move so fast (sometimes dizzyingly) that I always fear there's a risk we'll take a wrong turn. But so far so good. The culture of constructive debate is high so don't be under any illusions that a fancy title will make your ideas sacred in any way here. Ramping quickly is a must in order to thrive.

Don't mess up the good thing you've got going!