MediaMath

MediaMath Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki

Joe Zawadzki

Really great people and an exciting place to work

New York, NY

ProsMediaMath hires really smart people and challenges them every day. We solve really hard problems and we are given a lot of freedom and encouragement to try new tools and technologies. Our technology stack this year is materially different than 18 months ago and 18 months prior to that. We are constantly challenging industry norms and our own in a good productive way.

People at mediamath really care about the company. They care about changing and industry and about doing it with people we consider friends. The team is full of genuinely good people.

The company is growing like crazy so its a wild ride, but we have a lot of fun at the same time. The management team does an excellent job listening to the employees and soliciting input about what we are doing right and where we can improve.

lots of company perks like cell phones, food, monthly parties, standing desks, big dual monitors, and bagel fridays

Constypical challenges of fast growing companies. constant change, frequent reorganizations, remaining focused on the top goals and simply scaling an organization to capture opportunities. These make the ride a bit bumpy but when you are all working for the same goal we recognize why its happening.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focused on the goals, communicate them clearly and to drive them relentlessly. Keep up the great work!

tons of responsibility & opportunity, great work/life balance

Sales/Marketing Side (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe pay is good, the unlimited paid time off policy is awesome.
    Best work/life balance of any company I've worked for. It's very family friendly, which really struck me when I interviewed. Tons of photos of "MediaMath babies" on the walls, and excitement around new moms and dads coming back from their mat/pat leave.
    Fun company parties like karaoke, world cup parties, that kind of thing.
    Expectations are really high, and there's lots of freedom (and expectation) that you'll figure out how to accomplish whatever tasks have been set out. It's great for personal growth that way.
    They take a very pro-active approach to employee feedback. There's a company-wide satisfaction survey every 6 months, and they not only share the results with everyone, but create real action plans around places of dissatisfaction. It's not ignored or hidden.

ConsThe office spaces in NYC are sufficient and usable, but nothing glamorous (at least not yet! will change when we get our new headquarters next spring!). Chicago is building out a new office, which will be gorgeous.
    The company is growing pretty fast, so there's the typical "who owns what / stepping on toes" dance that seems to always happen during times of fast growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a solid, mandatory onboarding program that includes all global offices. What you've got is a start, but it could be a differentiator.

Truly an amazing company to work for. Exciting and fast-growing!!

New York, NY

ProsMediaMath seems to be growing at an extremely fast pace, which is great for the company overall. The atmosphere at MediaMath is exciting. Everyone who works here is intelligent, hard working and collaborative. It is a great feeling to know you're working for a company that is number 1 in the industry. Very generous benefits and perks. The work-life balance is truly extraordinary.

ConsDue to such rapid growth, larger facilities will eventually be necessary - but seems they've already planned ahead and figured it out!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The perfect company!

London, England (UK)

ProsMediamath really looks after its employees - to the point where one could even call it "pampering." The perks are endless, from free lunch to massages. The office is constantly buzzing with high energy. Everyone is excited by MediaMath's vision and is equally passionate about transforming the landscape of digital marketing. It's such a joy working for a company that is growing at an exponential rate on a global scale, as opposed to a company constantly having to lay off employees, like so many industries today.

ConsDefinitely fast paced and a lot to constantly keep up with - but that's the whole industry, really.

Talent Acquisition

Recruiter (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat company and people. A lot of opportunity for growth

Consnone yet. So far everything has been great.

Amazing place to work

Pros- Incredibly smart people, collaborative environment.
    - Positive vibe in the office.
    - Employee-centric company. Really make an effort to show their employees they care, whether it be the benefits, activities, food, etc.
    - Employees are constantly asked for their input and feedback on many things, results are presented company-wide - whether they be negative or positive.
    - Excellent work-life balance - Working hours are less than most other places (9-5 with an hour for lunch).

Cons- Nothing I can currently think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that the way the company is currently being run (employee-centric) is the way to go, and find ways to keep improving upon it so that the company grows to be as amazing as it is now.

Excellent Internship Opportunity at a Growing Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe work environment and company culture both are excellent, fostered by a group of intelligent, motivated, and team-oriented employees. Everyone enjoys what they do and always makes everybody feel welcomed and accepted no matter what their position in the organization. I couldn't have asked for a better place to intern.

ConsSince the company is growing and has a limited amount of space, desk sizes are somewhat tiny. Despite this, the spaces are usable and are conducive to most everyone's needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementGiven the pace at which MediaMath is growing, management should consider offering interns a full-time job opportunity at the end of their internships in order to show that MediaMath is serious about retaining and developing employees.

Exciting Work Environment

New York, NY

ProsEveryone at MediaMath seems smart, dedicated,willing to think outside the box and very friendly. Management is supportive and encourages their employees to learn and grow within the company. During my interview process my recruiter said growth was very important as a "Math Value" and they hire people who are smart and ambitious. I have worked for many companies who don't want their employees to grow and are vocal about that. Feels great to be working for a company where employees are given tools to succeed!

ConsCompany is growing so fast they have run out of places for people to sit. People sit very close together

Smart, hard-working, engaged employees! Great atmosphere.

Upper Management (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsMediaMath is a great place to work for a number of reasons: 1) you are always surrounded by extremely smart people who work really hard 2) these hard working people also know how to have fun and laugh off the stress of a fast paced, intense job 3) employees are treated as equals, it's a very flat organization 4) the career opportunities allow you to advance in a number of ways - lateral across departments, upward via promotion, overseas for new experiences and more 5) it's great to be defending and growing an industry-leading position rather than scrambling to get to the top!

ConsIf you don't like to work hard in a fast-paced industry, MediaMath isn't for you.

Good luck if you work in a satellite office

ProsMediaMath can be a fun company to work for and it is growing fast and it seems like there are good opportunities on the horizon. The executive team is made up of extremely smart and motivating individuals.

ConsCompensation is low and benefits are expensive. Good luck trying to get ahead or noticed if you work in a satellite office. HR only seems to care about getting good reviews on job boards, but when it comes to actually listening to employee questions and concerns, they disappear and/or seem completely clueless. They appear to be incapable of handling the company's rapid growth. The HR business partners have no idea what is happening if you don't work out of the NY office.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees below a senior level and implement changes to improve morale. Make sure your visions trickle down to even the lowest level employees.

Worked for MediaMath? Contribute to the Community!

MediaMath Videos

MediaMath – Why Work for Us?

MediaMath: Empowering the new breed of marketing professionals The Mad Men of the 1960s helped define the way business has been done in our industry for the last 50 years. With the advent of digital technology… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MediaMath reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki. All 52 reviews posted anonymously by MediaMath employees.