MediaMath

Updated January 26, 2015
4.6

MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance - Working hours are less than most other places (9-5 with an hour for lunch) (in 9 reviews)

• MediaMath hires really smart people and challenges them every day (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the company is growing and has a limited amount of space, desk sizes are somewhat tiny (in 7 reviews)

• Definitely fast paced and a lot to constantly keep up with - but that's the whole industry, really (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Best place I've worked in over a decade.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have to say my experience at MediaMath is a bright spot in my many years of working in corporate America. I've worked for companies of all sizes and industries. MediaMath is a standout. It's the second best job I've ever has and is a contender to be number one. What makes MediaMath great is simple—it starts at the top. MediaMath's Executive team is top notch. Not only are they fantastic leaders and thinkers, they are most importantly decent people. This sense of intellectual excellence, coupled with a sincere interest in helping everyone grow and get better makes an amazing environment.

Cons

There's not a lot of downside to MediaMath. All companies suffer growing pains. MediaMath has grown exponentially over the last three years. The associated hiccups are noting compared to the upside of the company growth and the exciting atmosphere.

Keep the bar high and keep moving it higher. Great people together accomplish great things.

Great company and great people!

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

When I joined MediaMath, I was amazed by how welcoming and open its employees are. You will be integrated quickly and you will get interesting projects to work on with a lot of responsibilities.
    The work-life balance is exceptional: as long as the work is done, you are free to organize your time between office and home, work and time-off, etc.

Cons

As a very fast-growing company, MediaMath sometimes needs more structure to be efficient. Getting information on existing features / projects can be challenging as you have to discuss with a lot of people.

Give more global directions and information to your employees: where is the company headed, what are the threats that we are facing, what are we doing to deal with them, etc.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

welcoming atmosphere, great team, everyone has a common goal, management support. everyone works well together and helps each other out. a work-hard play-hard team! I only joined 2 months ago and feel that I am a contributing member to the team and company. Starting was a seamless transition for me and I was immediately able to start working on existing QA process/tools to help make them better and more efficient. Senior management also seems to really care about the individual employees.

Cons

commute, but I knew that coming in. the health benefits are medium, not horrible but not great.

get more peer recognition programs in place, consider using an online kudos program

Great First Experience for New Grads

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are pretty brilliant, and collaboration is highly valued.
    Management is open with communication.
    The work is challenging but interesting - a lot of creative thinking is involved.
    They provide excellent training - ad tech is a very complex landscape, and they thoroughly prepare you for it.
    The new office at 4WTC is amazing - can't wait til we move.
    Benefits are pretty good - snacks in the kitchen, company parties, cell phone reimbursement, etc.
    There's an excellent culture - laid back, but still driven. Attire is more on the casual side of business casual.
    Constant push to learn and grow - training sessions, exposure to new things, etc.

Cons

Ad tech is constantly changing, very fast paced. Because of that, there is such a push to grow. The growth goals are ambitious, but sometimes pressure is put on the wrong people for not meeting them.

Keep hiring good people - HR is doing a fabulous job of this.
    The open communication between all levels is great; don't let that slip as we continue to grow.
    While the benefits are decent, they don't match other tech giants. As we keep growing, I hope they improve, which will better MM's pull for top talent.

Pl

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath as an intern

Pros

Growing very quickly. Everyone is very excited to be there. The team I worked with was incredible. Lot's of opportunities to grow and move within the company.

Cons

Not many con's of working here. It was an incredible experience, only negative was that they are in a transitional period (location wise) and the current space is much more corporate then the previous space. The new location is going to be beautiful though.

Exactly what I was looking for as a next step in my career!

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Positive, collaborative, and inclusive environment. Fast paced. Interesting/stimulating projects. Overall great culture.

Cons

Haven't come across any cons yet! Very positive experience so far.

Keep up the great work.

Disastrous

I worked at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The People- lower level, they are friendly and try to help; but are stymied by upper management

Cons

Upper management- they do not have a clue as to what they are doing

Couldn't Have Asked for a Better Experience

Current Employee - Graphic Design Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Graphic Design Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic People - from the leadership team to the interns, the people here are friendly, incredibly smart, and always willing to help.
    Absolutely incredible working environment - beautiful modern office, fully stocked kitchens, quality office equipment.
    Great work/life balance
    Dynamic & diverse teams
    Employee perks
    Business casual dress code

Overall, the corporate culture at MediaMath makes coming to work every day an absolute pleasure.

Cons

So far, I have not experienced anything that I would consider a con. Truly a phenomenal place to work.

Keep doing what you're doing. You have created a very special working environment that is reflected in the outstanding work your employees do on a daily basis.

Great place to work!

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Smart, happy and engaged colleagues.
    Management truly listens to employees.
    Lots of collaboration across teams.

Cons

MediaMath has grown from a start-up to an international corporation. The benefits need to catch up (specifically 401K and health insurance.)

Challenging Job, Focused Environment, Smart and Fun Team

Current Employee - Product Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1. Healthy work/life balance.
    2. Focused goals and commit to achieving them.
    3. Great teams, we are really all in it together
    4. Supportive leadership

Cons

1. Painful teleconferencing software

Seriously - the worst thing that I can say is that I don't like the AV club! This place is great!

Do a better job thinking through the impact of the satellite offices trying to participate in things via teleconference. Open meeting space works great, until you are the one dialing into the meeting.