MediaMath

www.mediamath.com
Employer Engaged

Best environment I've experienced by far

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone has an equity stake and I don't know if that's the secret sauce that makes everyone so aligned and the politics so low - but everyone is super-aligned on the vision of revolutionizing marketing and there's hardly any politics. It's a true meritocracy as far as I can see in terms of the biggest contributors getting the quickest advancement. MediaMath's also big on training - NMI and Marketing Engineering Program are industry-leading.

Cons

The work-life balance isn't always great. Don't think you can beat Google without some long hours!

The core culture is strong and should be celebrated and reinforced but at 550 employees now - we'll have to celebrate sub-cultures in departments and geos away from the NYC/Engineering heart of the company.

Love my job and working for this company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

- My colleagues at MediaMath aren't just very smart. They're also very cool, friendly pleasures to work with. I feel lucky to work among such spirited individuals every day. This morale undoubtably trickles down from upper management; the C-level execs are the same way.
    - I feel challenged in my role every day (in a good way). The company is expanding fast, and therefore so are the scopes of our jobs. Never a dull moment. It's undoubtably an exciting time to be in AdTech.
    - New hire on-boarding and training impressed my from my first day on the job.
    - Benefits are great. Loads of food in the office, partially paid phone bill, 401K match, fun office culture.

Cons

I'm at a loss for words.

Keep up the good work.

Great place that encourages innovation with little to no red tape!

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very collaborative environment with the encouragement to innovate with little to no red tape, which is great for those interested in building and improving processes. If you're the type to help a company during the growth stages this is the place to be!

Lots of office perks: Snacks, Massages, Manicures, Monthly Birthday Celebrations - You can't complain!

Personal growth is absolutely possible here and it is a company wide initiative to ensure all employees get to where they want to be in their career.

Cons

Naturally since we are growing so quickly, changes are constantly happening. One would have to be easily roll with the punches and adapt to stay on top of our evolving company and industry! Not a con for me but can be for some.

Management is pretty on par. Exec team has strong, smart, even genius leadership, who also know how to have fun.

Best place I've worked in over a decade.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have to say my experience at MediaMath is a bright spot in my many years of working in corporate America. I've worked for companies of all sizes and industries. MediaMath is a standout. It's the second best job I've ever has and is a contender to be number one. What makes MediaMath great is simple—it starts at the top. MediaMath's Executive team is top notch. Not only are they fantastic leaders and thinkers, they are most importantly decent people. This sense of intellectual excellence, coupled with a sincere interest in helping everyone grow and get better makes an amazing environment.

Cons

There's not a lot of downside to MediaMath. All companies suffer growing pains. MediaMath has grown exponentially over the last three years. The associated hiccups are noting compared to the upside of the company growth and the exciting atmosphere.

Keep the bar high and keep moving it higher. Great people together accomplish great things.

Great company and great people!

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

When I joined MediaMath, I was amazed by how welcoming and open its employees are. You will be integrated quickly and you will get interesting projects to work on with a lot of responsibilities.
    The work-life balance is exceptional: as long as the work is done, you are free to organize your time between office and home, work and time-off, etc.

Cons

As a very fast-growing company, MediaMath sometimes needs more structure to be efficient. Getting information on existing features / projects can be challenging as you have to discuss with a lot of people.

Give more global directions and information to your employees: where is the company headed, what are the threats that we are facing, what are we doing to deal with them, etc.

Great First Experience for New Grads

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are pretty brilliant, and collaboration is highly valued.
    Management is open with communication.
    The work is challenging but interesting - a lot of creative thinking is involved.
    They provide excellent training - ad tech is a very complex landscape, and they thoroughly prepare you for it.
    The new office at 4WTC is amazing - can't wait til we move.
    Benefits are pretty good - snacks in the kitchen, company parties, cell phone reimbursement, etc.
    There's an excellent culture - laid back, but still driven. Attire is more on the casual side of business casual.
    Constant push to learn and grow - training sessions, exposure to new things, etc.

Cons

Ad tech is constantly changing, very fast paced. Because of that, there is such a push to grow. The growth goals are ambitious, but sometimes pressure is put on the wrong people for not meeting them.

Keep hiring good people - HR is doing a fabulous job of this.
    The open communication between all levels is great; don't let that slip as we continue to grow.
    While the benefits are decent, they don't match other tech giants. As we keep growing, I hope they improve, which will better MM's pull for top talent.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

welcoming atmosphere, great team, everyone has a common goal, management support. everyone works well together and helps each other out. a work-hard play-hard team! I only joined 2 months ago and feel that I am a contributing member to the team and company. Starting was a seamless transition for me and I was immediately able to start working on existing QA process/tools to help make them better and more efficient. Senior management also seems to really care about the individual employees.

Cons

commute, but I knew that coming in. the health benefits are medium, not horrible but not great.

get more peer recognition programs in place, consider using an online kudos program

Exactly what I was looking for as a next step in my career!

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Positive, collaborative, and inclusive environment. Fast paced. Interesting/stimulating projects. Overall great culture.

Cons

Haven't come across any cons yet! Very positive experience so far.

Keep up the great work.

Pl

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath as an intern

Pros

Growing very quickly. Everyone is very excited to be there. The team I worked with was incredible. Lot's of opportunities to grow and move within the company.

Cons

Not many con's of working here. It was an incredible experience, only negative was that they are in a transitional period (location wise) and the current space is much more corporate then the previous space. The new location is going to be beautiful though.

Disastrous

I worked at MediaMath full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The People- lower level, they are friendly and try to help; but are stymied by upper management

Cons

Upper management- they do not have a clue as to what they are doing