Mediaocean Reviews

Bill Wise

1. Featured Review

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Mediaocean full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mediaocean begins and ends with people - I work with people that I want to be around day in and day out. They are intelligent, driven and collaborative. It's a high energy environment and the dynamic media industry. The tone is set from at the executive level - an entrepreneurial spirit where we work hard and have fun. Goals and vision for the company are shared with all employees and notable happenings are communicated through e-mail, company wide meeting and weekly updates. There is a genuine effort to provide a positive working environment and perks to folks - a wellness series, yoga, zumba, perks program, company breakfasts and a perks program. New office space rocks!

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Advice to Management

Folks really appreciate the open line of communication on company initiatives, goals and news via all hands and updates and the management team's presence in the office. Keep it up!

2. Awesome, chilled, cool and stylish place to work

Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Mediaocean full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good compensation, fantastic location in the heart of Manhattan, Free fruits, snacks and coffee. Great management, kind and friendly people, yoga and zumba classes and the main thing, FIFA on XBOX ONE!

Cons

None actually, just wished employer would match on the 401k as well.

Advice to Management

You guys really know how to keep employees happy, motivated and cheerful, and also healthy ;-)

3. My experience in working for Mediaocean has been nothing less than great. Bad Case of Loving My Job!!!

I have been working at Mediaocean

Pros

Great People, Great Work Environment, Amazing Company, Stress Level Down to a Minimum, We work Hard but also Play Hard, Lots of Smart People, Great Balance with Work/Personal Life, Great Culture and the CEO is Hands On.

Cons

Mediaocean as a recently merged company has a small growth potential. With time this will change

Advice to Management

Continue to higher great people because Mediaocean is awesome!!!

Mediaocean Response

Feb 6, 2015 – HR Business Partner, HRIS

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your comments, and we want to continue to hire amazing people like you! There is tremendous growth potential on a global basis for Mediaocean ... More

5. I can't imagine working anywhere else ever again!

Current Employee - Support Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Support Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Mediaocean (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fun and relaxed office environment. In depth training, amazing co-workers and managers. Room for advancement. Great perks which includes: breakfast (with omelet stations), massages , Manicures, Happy Hours, etc, just amazing stuff! - New beautiful NY modern offices. Very competitive salary. Everyone is friendly and happy and have an amazing sense of belonging and community. My bosses are great and I have learned so much working here.!

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

6. Swimming towards Greatness!

Current Employee - Support Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Mediaocean full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working at Mediaocean for over 4 Years now and each year is better than the last! -Work with a great group of people on a daily basis. -Great work atmosphere. -Amazing New Office in a prime location. - Very effective Senior Management, especially the CEO. - Personable CEO interacts with all the Staff.

Cons

-Look to Promote from within. -Contribute to Employee 401K

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

7. The best company I've ever worked at!

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Mediaocean

Pros

Mediaocean has the best company work life/culture I've ever worked at. I've worked at many other large companies where the upper management and even supervisors didn't care about employee well-being. That's not the case here. I feel comfortable chatting with all levels of management including CEO, Directors, SVP's and VP's. Tremendous room for growth, and encouraged between departments. Management is ALWAYS trying to improve, expand and listen to employee needs and recommendations. Perks are awesome, including on-site manicures/massages once a week, as well as weekly workout classes such as Yoga & Zumba to promote employee health! Overall, hands down the best company I've ever been a part of.

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

8. My work experience has been very rewarding in every aspect.

Current Employee - Support Specialist II in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Support Specialist II in New York, NY

I have been working at Mediaocean

Pros

My company has set up a wonderful environment for their employees, from leadership, compensation, and time-off. They really care about the employees, and want them to have the best work experience possible from encouraging room to grow, to many incentives.

Cons

There are really no cons.

Advice to Management

NA

9. A genuinely cool place to work!

Current Employee - Support & Training in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Support & Training in New York, NY

I have been working at Mediaocean full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is truly a cool place to work and you will indeed work, but you will not do it alone. Collaboration and teamwork is woven into the DNA of Mediaocean. Whether you are in a corner office or a cubicle, the exchange of knowledge flows freely between employees and customers. To that end, the company does an outstanding job recruiting and hiring talented individuals that will excel in our dynamic environment. Mediaocean isn't all work and no play though, there are many "perks", feeling tired or stressed take advantage of in house yoga classes, a massage, or get a mani/pedi. Other things to look forward to are company sponsored breakfasts, onsite happy hours, Foosball/Ping Pong tournaments, and an overall amazing work-space. You won't regret becoming part of Team Mediaocean.

Cons

No designated sick/bereavement time offered

Advice to Management

Overall I think that you are doing a great job, to ensure that you stay in touch with the pulse of the employee conduct more surveys or provide a way for anonymous feedback.

Mediaocean Response

Jan 27, 2015 – HR Business Partner, HRIS

Thank you for highlighting three of our Brand Values: Passion, Unity, and Having Fun! As you mention, we work hard and play hard here at Mediaocean. We also know how important it is for employees ... More

10. Great leadership, collaboration, team effort and lots of great perks!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Mediaocean full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A great Company to work with and I stress "with", we all work together, I never get the feeling I work "for" my boss or upper management, we all work with each other, together as a team. If you come to work here you will be part of an amazing team of people. Expect to work hard and get rewarded and recognized for your work. It's a team effort - expect others to help you grow within the company and look for amazing opportunities that give you exposure to all area's and levels within the company. Fun is also a big part of our culture, great holiday parties and happy hours. Zumba, Yoga, manicures and massages onsite, and a walking club. Health benefits are great! Great vacation policy, holiday days off and Philanthropy day to give back to your local community.

Cons

No company contribution to 401k

11. Very happy in my career at Mediaocean

Current Employee - Support in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Support in New York, NY

I have been working at Mediaocean full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture driven by CEO, senior leadership and managers. Non-hierarchical environment - encourages teamwork and collaboration. Colleagues are like family. Challenging work, every day is different. Opportunities to stand out, take on projects, be a part of extra-curricular teams such as Women in Tech, Brand Ambassadors, etc. Always something fun to look forward to - monthly happy hours, summer and holiday events, summer Fridays, philanthropy activities, team lunches and now weekly massages and manicures at NY headquarters. CEO has set strong values in place and everything around us reinforces those values, including our reviews.

Cons

Candy jars in NY keep running out of candy. We need a candy barrel!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Always remember your people are your best asset. Don't let the momentum slide like many companies do.

RSS Feed </> Embed